Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Supernatural
    Monk

Not seen monk, is it that good ?
  • biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    mine is definatly buffy

discovering s2+3 of that show now that im not an 8-9 year old and understand it all more now would make it even better

especially the last half of season 2 of buffy is just where everything starts to click together and all its kinks are sorted out its where the proper storytelling begins!!

supernatural is another one but i only discovered that lately so i guess it dont count

as much as i loved lost i dont think i would find a rewatch of all that from beginning to end as enjoyable as say Buffy
    Buffy was like the first tvshow i grew up with so maybe thats why lol
  • TheToonArmyTheToonArmy Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    biggebruv wrote: »
    mine is definatly buffy

discovering s2+3 of that show now that im not an 8-9 year old and understand it all more now would make it even better

especially the last half of season 2 of buffy is just where everything starts to click together and all its kinks are sorted out its where the proper storytelling begins!!

supernatural is another one but i only discovered that lately so i guess it dont count

as much as i loved lost i dont think i would find a rewatch of all that from beginning to end as enjoyable as say Buffy

I am not of the buffy era, watched a few with my kids, quite liked, in a strange sort of way the singing episode
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Battlestar Galactica.

The pilot TV movie and the first season...I never thought TV could get that good! I wish I could rediscover them again. Don't know whether I could watch seasons 2-4 again though. Maybe key episodes like Pegasus (wow) and the New Caprica escape (again, wow!).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    Not seen monk, is it that good ?

Monk is a great program about a detective with OCD, think its on the universal channel on sky.

I plan on watching through it again at some point.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stargate SG1... esp season one which contains a lot of my favourite eps :)
    Classic Star Trek... but if only I'd known how that was going to start a life-long sci-fi addiction might have been better if I'd given it a miss ;)
    Dr Who from the VERY VERY beginning
    X Files... I'd heard a bit about the buzz in the US and eagerly awaited its showing on Sky. I was not disappointed :)
    Upstairs Downstairs... such a classic... and I want to see the few B&W eps that never get shown on the re-runs.
    Original Forsyte Saga... another classic
    Shoulder to Shoulder... it's about bliddy time one of the history channel re-showed this... about the suffragettes... I remember my horror at some of the things the women had to endure so we could get the vote :) *HB gets off soap box *
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Series 1 (and Series 2) of Prison Break. Season 1 is the best season of any tv show ever. Absolutely brilliant. It couldn't (and i don't think anything could) live up to series 1 after. Although series 2 was brilliant to. The shocks - Veronica croaking it in the first episode of series 2. Mahone turning his gun on Tweener, Then Kellerman turning to the good side by shooting Mahone. Then the finale when Mike was put in the mexican jail.

Sadly they lost the plot with season 3 a bit. Then series 4 was just woeful. let's not mention the 2 hour film add on. I like to pretend it never existed.
  • NoFussNoFrillsNoFussNoFrills Posts: 4,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lost
    Prison break was awesome and i enjoyed season 3
    The Vampire Diaries despite it not being finished yet.

UK TV apart from old series of stuff is rubbish.

I don't watch soaps so finding tv is quite hard now, am getting sick of come dine with me repeats
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    The Wire - TV as art, nothing else comes close.
    Buffy - My favourite show growing up, watching it with fresh eyes would be fantastic, particularly thinking about all the plot points and brilliant quotes.
    Lost - I still remember looking forward to the Pilot episode and the sense of anticipation for each new installment.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    biggebruv wrote: »
    mine is definatly buffy

Syfy started showing Buffy from the start this week at 1PM and 6PM each weekday and the weeks shows will be repeated on Saturday and Sunday afternoons
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    Life On Mars
    Quantum Leap
    Babylon 5
    Stargate
    Red Dwarf
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stargate Atlantis.

If it ended before "Sunday."
  • Hugh Dennis 90Hugh Dennis 90 Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    Have I Got News For You
    Mock The Week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    Would love to watch the first five series of One Tree Hill with fresh eyes. As well as Grey's Anatomy!

Also The Sopranos....and Six Feet Under. Lost too!

Most shows basically then!
  • Steve PearceSteve Pearce Posts: 1,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Easy...Babylon 5.
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Boat wrote: »
    The Wire - TV as art, nothing else comes close.

I would have said the wire, but I think I actually enjoyed it more the second time around.

The second season for instance annoyed me a bit the first time I watched, as I wanted to see more of the corner boys. I was less concerned second time around so relaxed and enjoyed the ride. There's also so much detail right from the start that's going to mean more as it goes along that I missed the first time around. Finally I didn't have the problem with the accents to contend with any more.

I'd say:
    • West Wing
    • Oz
    • Sopranos
  • tinyangeltinyangel Posts: 1,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another vote here for Buffy! :cool:
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stargate SG1 again
    Star Trek all 6

And Lost
  • bottleofbestbottleofbest Posts: 8,026
    Forum Member
    I wish I could watch Supernatural from the beginning. To have a whole six seasons to get through would be immense!:)
  • bikinikillbikinikill Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    The Wire. I was really upset when my boyfriend and I finally came to the last episode. Such a brilliant show.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me it would have to be buffy.
  • katkimkatkim Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another one saying Buffy, especially since it's one of the few series that lead somewhere and had a satisfying ending rather than just ending because of cancellation or a series that tried being too clever or sentimental or overblown in bowing out.

Others:
    - The West Wing
    - Green Wing
    - Anne of Green Gables + the sequel (but not the 'Continuing Story', which was a load of dross.)
    - Angel (Even though I was a bit ??? about the ending, unlike Buffy)