'Mum, the bears are back. With her three babies. They’re... eating me!"

Comments

• NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's really sad, how horrifying that must have been for her mum. Such a pretty girl too. :(
  • OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    :eek:
    /|\

i'm gonna have another nightmare tonight:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,916
    Forum Member
    I'm so glad I don't buy The Mail. What a stress inducing miserable pile of **** it is.
  • nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trust the Daily Mail to point out that the bear was brown.

Come off it. A White bear would never ... Oh, hang on a mo. Polar bears are White.
  • _radioamerica_radioamerica Posts: 4,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This has really disturbed me.
  • The screamThe scream Posts: 2,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bloody nora, that's awful
  • LucyDTrymLucyDTrym Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rossall wrote: »
    I'm so glad I don't buy The Mail. What a stress inducing miserable pile of **** it is.

I am so sorry but I dont believe a word of this.

Yes they were both killed sadly by a bear but to the rest of it I think its made up for effect. I mean 2 russian people killed by a bear is normal but to say that she rang her mum 3 times by being eaten by a bear sells newspapers.

The shock would have killed this girl and the blood loss very quickly....

Sorry but I think this is horrible and should not be even allowed to be published its just gore for the sake of gore. :mad:
  • alsmamaalsmama Posts: 4,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't plan on clicking on the link so maybe someone else can tell me... Why did she call her mum and not 999?
  • kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is one of the thread titles I'd like to have the choice of hiding (not blaming the OP - people obviously are interested but I just wish you could choose to hide the title).
  • glordmonkeyglordmonkey Posts: 1,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LucyDTrym wrote: »

Yes they were both killed sadly by a bear but to the rest of it I think its made up for effect. I mean 2 russian people killed by a bear is normal but to say that she rang her mum 3 times by being eaten by a bear sells newspapers.

Sorry but I think this is horrible and should not be even allowed to be published its just gore for the sake of gore. :mad:
    Oh give over.

They would not make something like that up just to sell papers, it has a quote from her mother in it ffs!

Dear me, the Mail hating on here is ridiculous.

Of course it happened, its been reported all over the place not just in the Mail.
    Forum Member
    Of course it happened, its been reported all over the place not just in the Mail.

The only other source I can find is that bastion of journalistic excellence, The Sun.

The mother could quite easily have exaggerated it to extract money out of the Russian papers which could explain why no reliable news sources are carrying the story.
  • fifilapewfifilapew Posts: 4,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't imagine being eaten by a bear and being able to do much more than scream and try to fight it off, let alone pick up the phone and give a running commentary on the ordeal. I would imagine it happened quite quickly once they started too.:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So we still don't know if bears shit in woods then...?
  • be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's really sad, how horrifying that must have been for her mum. Such a pretty girl too. :(
    What difference does that make? Would the death of an uggo be less tragic?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes. Obviously!
  • fifilapewfifilapew Posts: 4,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I totally agree with your point, however for some reason the death of a White ( ideally blonde and blue eyed ) child always seems to have more of an impact newswise than anyone else.

I remember a sketch in an episode of family guy where the journalists run to the scene of a child's death, realise she's Hispanic and groan with disappointment. I thought it summed the media up quite well.
  • Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fifilapew wrote: »
    I can't imagine being eaten by a bear and being able to do much more than scream and try to fight it off, let alone pick up the phone and give a running commentary on the ordeal. I would imagine it happened quite quickly once they started too.:confused:

Have to say, it does strike me as odd that somebody in terrible agony takes the time to make several phone calls.

Fight or flight would be the instinctive response, not making calls on a mobile.

Also not sure that somebody would say "eating me" as opposed to "biting, attacking, hurting ect." because eating is admiting that you are going to die plus it requires an enormous amount of acceptance of your fate.

I think the story is fake.
    Forum Member
    I think the story is fake.

It does seem rather strange that no Russian news sites have the story and every site around the world carrying it seems to have got it from the Mail/Sun in Britain
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rossall wrote: »
    It does seem rather strange that no Russian news sites have the story and every site around the world carrying it seems to have got it from the Mail/Sun in Britain

Interesting........but then you can always trust these two pillars of publishing society to dig up the most 'entertaining' stories
  • RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LucyDTrym wrote: »

The mother said she nearly died of shock 'there and then', when she heard her daughter over the phone, but it took her daughter an hour to die.
    Forum Member
    Interesting........but then you can always trust these two pillars of publishing society to dig up the most 'entertaining' stories

The Express are also carrying it.

Word for word exactly the same as The Mail article..
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dakota. wrote: »
    That must've been awful. I'll probably get shot down for saying this however, was it right to kill the bears involved? :confused: They're only doing what is natural for them.

I can see what you mean
  • talentedmonkeytalentedmonkey Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh for goodness sake, the bears are just wild animals, plenty left , this little group being killed will not have any effect on population. The bear may have been doing "natural " stuff, but it now has taste for humans, bad news for anyone else who ventures into the area. Normal bear behaviour is just to move away from humans. It may have been necassary to kill the bear in order to recover the bodies, otherwise we see more dead people. babies had to die as well as they would not survive, these are not carebears.
  • NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alsmama wrote: »
    I don't plan on clicking on the link so maybe someone else can tell me... Why did she call her mum and not 999?

There would be little they could do, unless the Police took the bear down to the station for questioning. Also calling the British emergency services wouldn't help her in Russia.

Yes, it would be alot less tragic if it was SuBo that died. :rolleyes:
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hogzilla wrote: »
    Werner Herzog's documentary about that man who was ate by a bear is one of my favourite ever films. He lived amongst the bears and filmed them. When the bear ate him and his girlfriend, he'd left a camera running in his tent and so the soundtrack to the whole thing was captured. Herzog refused to use it in the film, it was that harrowing, and asked the woman who owns it (who has never listened to it) to destroy it, without ever hearing it.

Daily Mail are a touch less sensitive, though.

To be honest, Herzog's reaction said it all. Yeah, I'd have probably reacted the same, so would most people here. But seeing WERNER BLOODY HERZOG being so utterly shocked and appalled really did drive home just how unpleasant that recording must have been.

Great film.