Options

Atlantis - Series 1 Discussion/Spoilers/Speculation

Comments

• Options
    star89star89 Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But many of us are. We're looking forward to this new show and are interested in the news about casting etc.

I never said anyone else wasn't :confused:

I said I wasn't interested in whos playing Jason. As you can see by the replies to my post alot of people on here know what I'm talking about and why I said it. One of those reading between the lines posts thats all :)
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally think it's quite unfair to judge the show just because the person you wanted to be cast wasn't. But each to their own I suppose.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally think it's quite unfair to judge the show just because the person you wanted to be cast wasn't. But each to their own I suppose.

I'm not judging the show.. I meant I was disapointed in the casting of someone (or lack of). The show hasn't even started, how exactly can I judge it until its been on?
    As I said above it was a read between the lines for a few people on here in regards to the outcome of a certain casting.
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Who did you want cast Star89?

Just curious.
  • Options
    NatarhiNatarhi Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who's judging the show? People were just expressing disappointment that an actor missed out on a part.
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Natarhi wrote: »
    Who's judging the show? People were just expressing disappointment that an actor missed out on a part.

To me, saying things along the lines of "I'm not interested! :mad:" comes across as judging the show, because it sounds like people don't even want to give whoever is cast a fair chance.
  • Options
    LowriLowri Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To me, saying things along the lines of "I'm not interested! :mad:" comes across as judging the show, because it sounds like people don't even want to give whoever is cast a fair chance.

I can see that's what it looks like but it was intended to have a double meaning (as has been explained). I agree with Star89 but I am still interested in who is cast as Jason and all the rest. It's entirely possible that they'll cast someone who is just as good, in fact, I hope they do!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    Who did you want cast Star89?

Just curious.

I'l pm you.

Exactly

It comes across as someone who is upset at the missed out chance for someone. Because thats how it was meant.
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    star89 wrote: »
    I'l pm you.

Exactly

It comes across as someone who is upset at the missed out chance for someone. Because thats how it was meant.

The person who missed out on the part was obviously someone you enjoy watching. But, in fairness, it may be that the person who IS or WAS cast as Jason may be really superb. I get disappointed by casting sometimes. I wanted Paterson Joseph to be the 11th Doctor. I was very disappointed when I heard that Matt Smith had got the role. But look at how that turned out? He's fab as the Doctor.

When do you think the confirmation of who will play Jason will be published?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last time I checked Jason was a man. :p I really can't see the producers of Merlin making a show with a female lead at all, let alone giving what would be expected to be a male role to a woman.

Lol! I was mentioning Sheridan Smith with tongue firmly in cheek!:);)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    Lol! I was mentioning Sheridan Smith with tongue firmly in cheek!:);)
    :D I guessed (or at least hoped ;)) that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The person who missed out on the part was obviously someone you enjoy watching. But, in fairness, it may be that the person who IS or WAS cast as Jason may be really superb. I get disappointed by casting sometimes. I wanted Paterson Joseph to be the 11th Doctor. I was very disappointed when I heard that Matt Smith had got the role. But look at how that turned out? He's fab as the Doctor.

When do you think the confirmation of who will play Jason will be published?

Shouldn't be too long as they start shooting April I believe.
  • Options
    CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't find it judging the show at all, it was someone expressing disappointment that someone they hoped would be cast wasn't and so, therefore, they weren't particularly interested in who would be playing Jason.
    Shouldn't be too long as they start shooting April I believe.

Is that the Morocco shoot first or will they be in the studio in Wales?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cadiva wrote: »
    Is that the Morocco shoot first or will they be in the studio in Wales?

Morocco I think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morocco I think.

Better be getting the suntan cream ordered then, it'll be nice over there :)
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Just gonna read your PM, star89.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 485
    Forum Member
    I don't understand why people get on forums to discuss their opinions, then suddenly they feel the need to send PMs. Who someone would like to be Jason isn't a state secret by any means.

This is unrelated to the above comment, but I get the feeling that some Merlin people are still fuming about the end of the series and hold a grudge against Atlantis since the BBC has billed as its replacement. That's unfair approach to a brand new television series. It should be judged on its own merits. Merlin is over with; the actors made the decision not to come back. So those die-hards have to move on and give Atlantis a fair chance and not discourage others from watching it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ivyteainn wrote: »
    I don't understand why people get on forums to discuss their opinions, then suddenly they feel the need to send PMs. Who someone would like to be Jason isn't a state secret by any means

No, it's not, but perhaps Star has her own reasons for wanting to PM.
    This is unrelated to the above comment, but I get the feeling that some Merlin people are still fuming about the end of the series and hold a grudge against Atlantis since the BBC has billed as its replacement. That's unfair approach to a brand new television series. It should be judged on its own merits. Merlin is over with; the actors made the decision not to come back. So those die-hards have to move on and give Atlantis a fair chance and not discourage others from watching it.

I enjoyed the Merlin finale but I certainly had my complaints with the direction they took, however, I think I can speak for all of us when I say that we're not that petty! In fact, I find the insinuations in your post slightly insulting.
    I am going to approach Atlantis with an open mind and I am very much looking forward to it because I love mythological things, it will inevitably draw comparisons with Merlin because it's likely to be similar in tone but that doesn't mean it'll make the same mistakes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lowri wrote: »
    I enjoyed the Merlin finale but I certainly had my complaints with the direction they took, however, I think I can speak for all of us when I say that we're not that petty! In fact, I find the insinuations in your post slightly insulting.
    I am going to approach Atlantis with an open mind and I am very much looking forward to it because I love mythological things, it will inevitably draw comparisons with Merlin because it's likely to be similar in tone but that doesn't mean it'll make the same mistakes.

Couldn't agree more Lowri.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand why people get on forums to discuss their opinions, then suddenly they feel the need to send PMs. Who someone would like to be Jason isn't a state secret by any means.

Because the PM wasn't about who I wanted to be cast it was about who was up for the part, going to be cast but in the end didn't get it.. so actually it is a secret and there was call for a PM.
    No, it's not, but perhaps Star has her own reasons for wanting to PM.

Thank you hon :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well said Lowri.

I really don't think any of the "Merlin people" who have posted to this thread so far are holding a grudge against Atlantis. I would also point out that we are generally the people who accepted the end of Merlin as the actual end, and have therefore "moved on" more than the people trying to get Merlin put back on.

I haven't actually made up my mind if I want to watch Atlantis yet, I'm following this thread so that I can see information about casting ect, and see how much interest I have by the time it starts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I used to share views similar to yours when I first frequented these threads. I used to think that some like to have some kind of perverse "nah nah nah nah nah! We know something you don't know" attitudes.

However, it soon became apparent that this wasn't the case at all. Some posters genuinely do have inside knowledge and some are just loyal, devoted fans of the genre who research and find out information that is not in the public domain. Whilst I don't post often, I do read the posts of the regulars (they all have curious fetishes for some knight to be thrown at them adorned with chain armour!) and they are always folk who put a smile on my face with their often humourous banter. I learned not to judge and as such realise that where information is available, they will gladly share. If it isn't, occasionally a PM will be sent. They do not have to send a PM because often the recipients are untrustworthy with the info, so it is genuinely in good faith that PM's are given.

I too would love to know who Star wanted cast. But I also respect the fact that this information is not for public knowledge.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do read the posts of the regulars (they all have curious fetishes for some knight to be thrown at them adorned with chain armour!)

No no wizzy, we want them thrown at us without the chain armour ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cadiva wrote: »
    No no wizzy, we want them thrown at us without the chain armour ;)

Oh my mistake! My how you have progressed! Very modern indeed!;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent post wizzywick. See, these threads become much more fun once we've dragged you down to our level :D
    For the record, I would prefer a shirtless Merlin to a shirtless knight ;)