Scotland can have their independence...They clearly don't want to be in the Union.

Comments

• SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone asked you to?

I wish people would get it into their heads that a yes vote tomorrow is not an anti-English vote.

Apparently it's an anti-Tory vote^_^
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    academia wrote: »
    And I think tomorrow you'll find most of us Scots are proud to be part of it.

Fingers crossed, eh? :)
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am a no voter but just saddened to see how divisive this referendum has become. And it's not just up here in Scotland but it seems like our neighbours in England are fed up with us too. Not all of us want to breakaway and I just hope the majority will agree with me.

Friday's result whatever it is will be a no win situation and think it will take years to heal the rifts
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just think the argument is too far apart now. Even it is a No vote I do not want them in the Union.
    And you are...?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But some of them do want to be in the union..

I certainly do!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    I am a no voter but just saddened to see how divisive this referendum has become. And it's not just up here in Scotland but it seems like our neighbours in England are fed up with us too. Not all of us want to breakaway and I just hope the majority will agree with me.

Friday's result whatever it is will be a no win situation and think it will take years to heal the rifts
    Totally agree with you Twingle.
    I've been stunned at the aggression I've witnessed from both parties (but mostly the 'Yes' campaign).
    It makes me sick that this is happening to our country.
  • vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    twingle wrote: »

Apparently we've got a load of all night licenses for pubs in Glasgow for the results coming. That doesn't seem a terribly wise idea. Could be a laugh right enough :D
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll be sad to see the Union break up but good luck to the Scots if that's the way it goes. What does concern me is how divided the vote actually appears to be, which will leave a large proportion of the country unhappy if it doesn't go the way they voted. Of course, many will accept it and move on but, as has been clearly acknowledged above (twingle), it will have deepened rifts that may worsen for some time to come. I hope not. I hope that, whatever happens, the English and Scots will go on taking the pee out of each other while celebrating what makes us similar and what makes us different.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We'll know on friday morning
  • SambdaSambda Posts: 6,210
    Forum Member
    Flashforward to Scotland hosting the Olympics in 2050:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL1itqFasug
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh pish, apparently it's only Edinburgh getting late licenses. Oh well, Buckie in the park it is then :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vosne wrote: »
    Apparently we've got a load of all night licenses for pubs in Glasgow for the results coming. That doesn't seem a terribly wise idea. Could be a laugh right enough :D
    Really? Where?
    I'm off on Friday so............

Edit - oh it's Edinburgh. I'll join you in the park then. But I can't stand Buckie. Do you think I'll get mugged if I bring some Pimms?
  • lubo 25lubo 25 Posts: 628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just think the argument is too far apart now. Even it is a No vote I do not want them in the Union.

Oh well that's it decided then !!!
  • maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member
    Blimey. Have you got the results in already? What channel? :o

I think the OP was giving us permission, that was lovely of him wasn't it? Stop the polls...no need!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the OP was giving us permission, that was lovely of him wasn't it? Stop the polls...no need!

lol...:D

Has your friend decided which one of her 14,000 children it was got burned by which BBC employee yet or is she still holding her peace? :p ;-)
  • maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member
    lol...:D

Has your friend decided which one of her 14,000 children it was got burned by which BBC employee yet or is she still holding her peace? :p ;-)

Ha ha, she replied saying she was sorry if it got misinterpreted and that she was posting a status she had seen elsewhere.
  • BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    abarthman wrote: »
    Guess what happened the last time Scotland was in dire financial trouble as a result of the doomed Darien Disaster?

We won't make the same mistake twice.

We'll ask the Americans next time.

Thanks for the warning. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ha ha, she replied saying she was sorry if it got misinterpreted and that she was posting a status she had seen elsewhere.

Ah the old viral status becoming truth. Bit clichéd but quite effective I suppose *polite applause* :p
  • Serial LurkerSerial Lurker Posts: 10,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the warning. :p

Don't do it, in 300 years they'll be writing totally not xenophobic folk songs about you.
  • justatechjustatech Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel that as the rUK have had no say in whether or not the union should be broken, the least the government can do is to give the rUK the final word on what the Scots get in the settlement. So we should have a referendum on each thing, such as how many troops they get, whether they get currency union, or the pound, etc. The people of the rUK should have their say.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »
    Really? Where?
    I'm off on Friday so............

Edit - oh it's Edinburgh. I'll join you in the park then. But I can't stand Buckie. Do you think I'll get mugged if I bring some Pimms?

Haar.....we are just getting to the end of our Pimms stash. It really is a summer drink. Plus if you're in the park you can just grab some blackberries and toss them in.
  • abarthmanabarthman Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    justatech wrote: »
    I feel that as the rUK have had no say in whether or not the union should be broken, the least the government can do is to give the rUK the final word on what the Scots get in the settlement. So we should have a referendum on each thing, such as how many troops they get, whether they get currency union, or the pound, etc. The people of the rUK should have their say.
    I'd love to see that voting paper!

That level of detail does not lend itself to a referendum. That's why we elect politicians.

Of course, we could get rid of the politicians and have a referendum to agree everything.
  • Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    Sambda wrote: »
    Flashforward to Scotland hosting the Olympics in 2050:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL1itqFasug

id rather that that the £10 BILLION pounds of UK money the government spunked into London for the 2012 olympics
  • fainéantfainéant Posts: 2,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who in their right mind would actually want to be governed by a Westminster institution that has allowed such a shambles to happen that threatens UK credibility on the world stage?

Nick Robinson made the very interesting point last night that it will take only 1.8M, perhaps 2M, Scots to vote Yes to break-up the UK. That is about 4% of the British electorate whilst the other 96% have to watch it happen from the sidelines.

Allowing even the remotest possibility that it could happen and none of them actually even aware of the consequences until the very last minute is such outrageous negligence that Westminster has absolutely no credibility left whatsoever.
  • jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,572
    Forum Member

Not really much choice is there? :)