The Vampire Diaries Season 3 [US Pace] *Tagged Spoilers*

Comments

• nats18nats18 Posts: 8,210
    Forum Member
    I watched it. So good I like bad Stefan way more than good Stefan oh and Caroline and Tyler so glad it's not really drawn out like I thought it was going to be. Was not expecting Stefan to actuallydo anything to anyone from Mystic Falls. I also love Alaric and Damon.
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor Caroline, season openers are not her thing:D
  • TribecTribec Posts: 9,330
    Forum Member
    Oh, now that was a nice opening. I know this may sound crazy, but this plot line with Klaus and Stefan etc. It has only dawned on me that we are still following the books as such. It's a different version, but it is essentially the same.

It took me all through last season and about 20 minutes into the opener to realise where we were. Which probably made this episode all the more enjoyable.
    Forum Member
    Are the books good I have them but have never really looked at them
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    was it a double episode?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    was it a double episode?

No. Secret circle was on after it.
  • TribecTribec Posts: 9,330
    Forum Member
    nats18 wrote: »
    Are the books good I have them but have never really looked at them

I enjoyed the books, they tell the tale in a different way to that which the tv show does, but they are worth a read.
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice start to the series.
  • Starzz123Starzz123 Posts: 1,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else think that
    Tyler and Caroline = Hybrid Baby

Oh btw Tyler is officialy the most attractive guy in TVD for me now :D

I'm really interested in the Jeremy story and wanna know how that works out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    Starzz123 wrote: »
    Anyone else think that
    Not sure if it works that way. Vampires are dead, so I doubt they can get pregnant. Werewolves are at least alive.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Josephine wrote: »
    Not sure if it works that way. Vampires are dead, so I doubt they can get pregnant. Werewolves are at least alive.

That never stopped old sparkle guts from *vomit smilie* Twilight.
    Forum Member
    Twilight has so far passed me by and by all accounts I'm not missing much:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Twilight has so far passed me by and by all accounts I'm not missing much:D

You're lucky, I lost a bet recently and had to take one for the home team by watching the first film to report on how bad it was. I had to stop it three times to take a break from the endless standing around emo-festing, and even then I wanted to hurl my brain in the nearest river (and chuck the TV in after it):cry:
  • alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    Starzz123 wrote: »
    Anyone else think that

Oh btw Tyler is officialy the most attractive guy in TVD for me now :D

I'm really interested in the Jeremy story and wanna know how that works out.

I Was thinking the exact same thing (the spoiler not Tyler :D)

It was so sad that Damon lost his compelled girlfriend. And i liked the Secret circle as well.
  • Starzz123Starzz123 Posts: 1,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I Was thinking the exact same thing (the spoiler not Tyler :D)

It was so sad that Damon lost his compelled girlfriend. And i liked the Secret circle as well.

Yup I felt for Damon he was surprisingly upset, season 3 is so gory with Alaric and Damon discovering the two girls and compelled girlfriend falling to her death :eek:
    Forum Member
    It seemed more gory & racier than usual. No complaints from me but it did have a more adult feel to it than seasons one & two.
    Forum Member
    Yea I agree it did feel more adult. I'm still a Damon girl but Tyler gets hotter each ep.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    I hope Stefan stays bad and does not become love sick for Elena. Cool bromance between Alaric and Damon, they should have more scenes together.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved it, so happy its back!

Im all for Damon, Stephan can stay with Klaus as far as i care. Hope we get Kathrine next week (or did she die? i forget??)

Tyler and Caroline together :) just hope he rescues her from mrs Lockwood. And no Bonnie :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seemed more gory & racier than usual. No complaints from me but it did have a more adult feel to it than seasons one & two.

Yep it definitely had a more of an adult feel to it.

It was a shock seeing how Stefan kills his victims - basically ripping them from limb to limb. :eek: It was hinted in the last 2 seasons how crazy he became when he fed and killed humans.

The ending was sweet with Elena telling Stefan to hold onto her love.

Poor Caroline. I wonder what Mrs Lockwood is up to?

Naked Damon (well almost!) at the beginning was definitely my highlight of the episode. :o:D
    Forum Member
    I've never liked Mrs Lockwood. Klaus & Stefan ought to wipe the smug self satisfied grin from her face permanently:D
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Stefan drinks himself into a rage, dismembers his victims, then pieces them back together out of guilt? He just got a whole lot more interesting. He clearly enjoys this part of his cycle more than he'd ever admit. Could have done without the phonecall at the end. He must have seen enough films to know he was never going to say anything.
    Alaric leaving Jeremy and Elena as soon as she turned 18 felt a bit off to me. I hope he's more involved than he was last year. He was sidelined for far too much of the first half of the season.

Creepy Bonnie was absent. Boring Matt and Tyler weren't. I don't want either of them to end up with Caroline, she is far too good a character to be dragged down by those 2.

Good season opener.
    Forum Member
    I thought Alaric leaving was odd too, I know he said it was because he wasn't a good role model but I find it hard to believe he could think Elena & Jeremy are better off without him being there.
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Elena had a birthday, is she like sixteen now? :D I really enjoyed this episode. Sometimes when a show comes back, they just go on doing the same things as before an even if you used to like it, it's not as satisfying anymore. This really felt fresh and interesting. The only part I wasn't keen on was Tyler's psycho mother :rolleyes: BTW has Elena some trust fund or where she gets money from? Oh, I loved how Caroline was using her powers recreationally, that was fun :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IvanIV wrote: »
    So Elena had a birthday, is she like sixteen now? :D

She's 18.