The Casualty Thread (Spoilers) (Part 5)

Comments

• highlander1969highlander1969 Posts: 6,832
    Forum Member
    Sunny! People forget Sunny. He was fantastic, great young cast at that time with Tina, Sam and I think his name was Adam (gay HCA who had HIV).

Also cracking because the actor is called Vincenzo Pellegrino and he looks the least Italian person I have ever seen!

Yay, Sunny. He left quite recently on the Drama Channel repeats. He was very tall! :D
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    In the clip from this week's episode, interestingly there's a shot of Lofty at 15 seconds that makes it seem as though he's having trouble with Jeff's death:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p028f1mb

I haven't seen last week's episode yet but was there anything to think this was the case?

Also in the trailer, a patient says to Lofty "being lonely is the same as being invisible" and Lofty is contemplating that.

A possible storyline?
  • Jack_ClintonJack_Clinton Posts: 2,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For anyone missing Matt Bardock (Jeff), he is guest starring in this week's Doctor Who.
  • highlander1969highlander1969 Posts: 6,832
    Forum Member
    For anyone missing Matt Bardock (Jeff), he is guest starring in this week's Doctor Who.

Yay, I knew he never died. The TARDIS materialised just before the explosion and Jeff escaped with the Doctor in the nick of time! That's why there were no remains of his body! :-)
  • Say What NowSay What Now Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    I'm hoping to see more fallout of what Ethan's feeling about all this. A lot has been made so far of Dixie's emotions and Ash's and rightly so but we've seen little of how and if Ethan feels guilt about this. He clearly made astronomical health efforts to go to the funeral but I'm interested to see a little more in his head about this. Jeff saved him and he was driving, his macabre fascination and horror with the video of the crash that had been filmed this week was interesting. I hope we see more fallout and what he feels. You don't go through something like that and emerge unscathed emotionally.

Dixie gave him an off look after the funeral too so I wouldn't be surprised if she had a pop at him at some point about Jeff's death.
  • NickJordanNickJordan Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Ethan's response will almost definitely be explored, they'd be mad not to.
  • JordanJ7JordanJ7 Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    Not sure if everyone got to see this thread so I thought I'd share it on here, it's partly to do with Casualty's returnee character and another character is mentioned to potentially be returning later in the year too but no source for that information:
  • Say What NowSay What Now Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    New Episode synopsis is up at DS.

Airs Saturday, Nov 1 2014 at 21:20 GMT on BBC One

After Briony (Georgia Moffett) is injured at the local derby game, it soon becomes apparent that she is hiding something from her fiancé Matthew (Antony Costa). Cal handles the case by treating Briony.

Meanwhile, some raucous footballs fans find themselves in the ED after a fight gets out of hand, leaving Big Mac, Lofty and Charlie to try to control the chaos. Will they be able to prevent any more damage?

Elsewhere, Ash struggles under the pressure at work.

Also this week, Dixie continues to grieve for Jeff.
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New Episode synopsis is up at DS.

Airs Saturday, Nov 1 2014 at 21:20 GMT on BBC One

After Briony (Georgia Moffett) is injured at the local derby game, it soon becomes apparent that she is hiding something from her fiancé Matthew (Antony Costa). Cal handles the case by treating Briony.

Meanwhile, some raucous footballs fans find themselves in the ED after a fight gets out of hand, leaving Big Mac, Lofty and Charlie to try to control the chaos. Will they be able to prevent any more damage?

Elsewhere, Ash struggles under the pressure at work.

Also this week, Dixie continues to grieve for Jeff.

Georgia Moffett strange casting since a character she played died in Casualty a few years back.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    JordanJ7 wrote: »
    Not sure if everyone got to see this thread so I thought I'd share it on here, it's partly to do with Casualty's returnee character and another character is mentioned to potentially be returning later in the year too but no source for that information:

That thread also says that
    Dylan is back soon. I hope he is, the programme is missing someone like Dylan.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The returning character comes back with Zoe on October 25th.

It is
    Nick Jordan
  • jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
    Forum Member
    The returning character comes back with Zoe on October 25th.

It is
    Nick Jordan

Please can you provide a source to back up your claim?
    Erika Hossington (series producer) has ruled out Nick Jordan coming back. In her Digital Spy interview, she mentioned "there will be another returnee, but it's top secret! I don't want to build the fans' hopes up that it'll be Jordan, as there are no active plans to bring him back at the moment. He's the person I've been asked about most often in my first year in the job, as he's an iconic character who has inhabited both Holby and Casualty very brilliantly. We'd never say never but it's not on the cards at the moment.

"However, there will be another familiar face coming back, but we're not going to announce it. It will be a complete surprise when that person hits the screen in October…"

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s18/casualty/interviews/a590766/casualty-producer-erika-hossington-shares-show-gossip-part-one.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jamesc_715 wrote: »
    Please can you provide a source to back up your claim?
    Erika Hossington (series producer) has ruled out Nick Jordan coming back. In her Digital Spy interview, she mentioned "there will be another returnee, but it's top secret! I don't want to build the fans' hopes up that it'll be Jordan, as there are no active plans to bring him back at the moment. He's the person I've been asked about most often in my first year in the job, as he's an iconic character who has inhabited both Holby and Casualty very brilliantly. We'd never say never but it's not on the cards at the moment.

"However, there will be another familiar face coming back, but we're not going to announce it. It will be a complete surprise when that person hits the screen in October…"

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s18/casualty/interviews/a590766/casualty-producer-erika-hossington-shares-show-gossip-part-one.html

Wikipedia and Google.
  • jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
    Forum Member
    Wikipedia and Google.
    Anyone can edit Wikipedia and Google lol. I don't think he is the returnee but I do hope he returns one day in future :)
    Forum Member
    Wikipedia and Google.

Ahh, good old Wikipedia. Anyone can edit that site. It's already been said that the character you mentioned isn't returning.

However, my last post that shows a different thread - dug up a CV of an old character that has Casualty 2014 on it. Great find by whoever started the thread.
    Forum Member
    Harry 350 wrote: »
    That thread also says that
    Dylan is back soon. I hope he is, the programme is missing someone like Dylan.
    I agree, someone like Dylan would be perfect to go up against Connie. Although, I haven't heard any hint of Dylan returning from anywhere but that thread so I'm not getting my hopes up just yet.
  • george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    I've just noticed that the opening titles for the most recent episode have not been changed. I think Honey may only be temporary so it's understandable that she hasn't been added, but why is Jeff still there?
  • millysshawmillysshaw Posts: 2,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JordanJ7 wrote: »
    I agree, someone like Dylan would be perfect to go up against Connie. Although, I haven't heard any hint of Dylan returning from anywhere but that thread so I'm not getting my hopes up just yet.

I agree would love to see that character back.
    Thought his leaving storyline was abit week. He is a good character and would make a good sparring partner for Connie. He had a very dry sense of humour wish is sadly lacking at the moment.

They are only using Lofty for the daft storylines, he is a good actor would like to see him do more series stuff, he even got in to trouble for something Robin did. He got hauled into the office and when he asked why he was their the reply was you are always together.
  • wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member
    Would you all please have a look at my Casualty article for Metro.co.uk here...ten teasers for tonight's episode. If you could share it on social media, I'd be even more grateful :)

http://metro.co.uk/2014/10/18/casualty-10-juicy-teasers-from-the-index-case-4908314/
  • darrenh2011darrenh2011 Posts: 2,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeff from Casualty just showed up in tonights Doctor Who
  • becsiebecsie Posts: 3,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeff from Casualty just showed up in tonights Doctor Who

he is alive :D
  • becsiebecsie Posts: 3,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NickJordan wrote: »
    I think Ethan's response will almost definitely be explored, they'd be mad not to.

I hope so... he did look like he was feeling guilty last week.
  • MorgsieMorgsie Posts: 16,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who is the returnee?

That woman committing benefit fraud>:(
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haven't seen the episode yet - what happened with Lofty?
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,249
    Forum Member
    becsie wrote: »
    he is alive :D

Not any more - they killed him in Who as well!

So Grace has been sorased.
    Connie's reaction is in character - she was exactly the same after thhe crossbow attacks in Holby City aboud 7 years ago - dismissing calls for Counselling, expecting everybody to just get on with it.

I hate that she is having to get Zoe back to save the situation.
This discussion has been closed.