Options

Cat from rescue centre

wonderwheels28wonderwheels28 Posts: 627
Forum Member
✭✭
I'm possibly getting cat in the next week, but they are coming out to see my 1st, has anyone else had a visit from them what sort of things do they ask you.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They'll check that your house and surroundings if you're letting it out will be safe for the cat, nothing to worry about.
  • Options
    MuzeMuze Posts: 2,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very much depends on the individual rescue.

Usually they will be looking at your home for potential hazards and how it will fit the particular animal you've applied for.
    With cats, they will probably look at nearby busy roads, your garden, nearby threats etc.
  • Options
    Nicola32Nicola32 Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    The rescue centre I got my animals from don't bother to do home visits for cats, only for dogs.
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nicola32 wrote: »
    The rescue centre I got my animals from don't bother to do home visits for cats, only for dogs.

Nor did the local Cats Protection for me. I think it may depend on the branch though. I think they said they struggled to get people with the time to go out.
    Instead they questioned me on the locality and then went through how to lay out an initial 'safe room' for the cat's first few days and sensible places to put the food/water/litter tray.