Options

Old HO clip - The Deans

vkmaxvkmax Posts: 3,093
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Features Steph, Craig, Debbie and Johnno a few months after the clan (except Steph) were introduced.

I missed alot of episodes recently but has there still been no mention of the rest of the family in the aftermath of Stephs death?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9EpDY4dQMI&feature=related

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    I think they're missing out a lot of things, the whole Cheryl / Warren thing baffled me (I thought Warren was just lying to Brendan) and Diane saying she can't adopt Amber's baby now or something, I didn't even see that being planned!!:confused: Don't know if it's just me not paying full attention or not though. And there's been no mention of Amy? I don't get that.
  • Options
    vkmaxvkmax Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe the original intention was to have a longer 'fire week' with a slightly different outcome and a bit more build up

Adding Warren and Mandys scenes has meant that half of fire week, the two following weeks and a few more episodes were chopped to bits.

Fire week ended 2 days early as a result. The teen pregn ancy reveal was meant to occur 2 weeks after but got compressed into 1 episode the following week hence why it seemed weird for Diane to invite them to stay as she'd never met them onscreen.

Stuff from Malachys death was changed too and an entire last minute episode was added in. I'd say there's roughly about 8 - 12 episodes worth of announced stuff that didn't actually make it to air. The stuff involving Amber/Rob was meant to last into mid-January but lasted 2 episodes.
  • Options
    cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    emilybean wrote: »
    I think they're missing out a lot of things, the whole Cheryl / Warren thing baffled me (I thought Warren was just lying to Brendan) and Diane saying she can't adopt Amber's baby now or something, I didn't even see that being planned!!:confused: Don't know if it's just me not paying full attention or not though. And there's been no mention of Amy? I don't get that.

It's been very messy but as far as I can see, all of these changes were made very recently, just before fire week:

Decision to write out the Sharpes
    Decision to write in Warren and Mandy
    Decision to keep Amy on, meaning all her exit scenes were cut until they can sort it out.

Anything you see with Warren in has been shot in the last few weeks (or even days) - all the stuff with Danny this week is extra, to fill the gaps. Not killing Danny off in KoH and keeping him on in the main show seems to be another last minute change to fill the airspace. All I can say is, they must be working their backsides off right now.

But the original question - no, there's been no mention of any of the other Deans, but then we've hardly seen Frankie since the funeral.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's been very messy but as far as I can see, all of these changes were made very recently, just before fire week:

Decision to write out the Sharpes
    Decision to write in Warren and Mandy
    Decision to keep Amy on, meaning all her exit scenes were cut until they can sort it out.

Anything you see with Warren in has been shot in the last few weeks (or even days) - all the stuff with Danny this week is extra, to fill the gaps. Not killing Danny off in KoH and keeping him on in the main show seems to be another last minute change to fill the airspace. All I can say is, they must be working their backsides off right now.

But the original question - no, there's been no mention of any of the other Deans, but then we've hardly seen Frankie since the funeral.

They're keeping Amy on?!

Excellent news :)
  • Options
    cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    About wrote: »
    They're keeping Amy on?!

Excellent news :)

Not officially confirmed, but she was definitely meant to leave after the fire, and she didn't. She's still in the titles. Rumours are she's been persuaded to re-sign after being so great in all the stuff with Ste and Lee.

Personally, I want to see her rush in at the last minute and stop the Lee/Leanne wedding at the altar!
    :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think things are evening out now.
    India's murder
    better not cut too.