Could BB hide the cameras ?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,406
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I heard they did this in the ozzy series once (I think)

So would you like a house where the HM's could not see a single cam?

Would be different... Apart from the camera runs they would have no idea who was been watched (if you know what I mean)

Comments

• mrmattybeckmrmattybeck Posts: 1,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah think it wud be great
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    like behind mirrors etc
  • soapnutsoapnut Posts: 6,786
    Forum Member
    Yes this would be a good idea and put a stop to the cringeworthy 'performers'. Channel 4 did it on occasion so no reason why Channel 5 can't either.
  • farscapefarscape Posts: 2,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it would cause much difference. All HMs know they are being filmed. We've heard the cliche that they forget the cameras but I always thought this to be guff. I'd say 90% they are aware they are on show, Hiding the cameras would help but not stop it imo.

HMs still hear cameras though. We often get complaints of "did you see x looking straight at the camera? It proves he's fake" when in reality when most times they naturaly look at the camera because they hear it whirring particularly if its turning to get a better shot, The HMs will still do that because they'll still hear it even hidden.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    exactly farscape
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 242,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    farscape wrote: »
    I don't think it would cause much difference. All HMs know they are being filmed. We've heard the cliche that they forget the cameras but I always thought this to be guff. I'd say 90% they are aware they are on show, Hiding the cameras would help but not stop it imo.

HMs still hear cameras though. We often get complaints of "did you see x looking straight at the camera? It proves he's fake" when in reality when most times they naturaly look at the camera because they hear it whirring particularly if its turning to get a better shot, The HMs will still do that because they'll still hear it even hidden.

I don't think it would make much difference as you say. But i do believe after a while the hms do forget about the cams, at least until something reminds them like when we go live to the house!
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 242,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    soapnut wrote: »
    Yes this would be a good idea and put a stop to the cringeworthy 'performers'. Channel 4 did it on occasion so no reason why Channel 5 can't either.

When did Ch4 hid the camera's :confused:
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm not sure what you mean.

Do you think that 90% of the time the HMs are consciously aware that they're being filmed, with that knowledge right there in their thoughts even when they're in the middle of a task, argument, etc?

If the cameras are hidden, that would also do a lot to muffle the sound, and in any case it wouldn't be so clear exactly where they are.

I don't think camera noise explains many of the times when a HM is looking at a camera. Think of all the times we see a shot that includes a group of HMs. If HMs naturally look at a camera when it makes a noise, we'd seen lots and lots of cases, day after day, when the group all suddenly look the same way, towards whatever camera's just moved. But we don't. Or whenever the camera we're seeing through moves, we'd see HMs turn to look at it. That doesn't happen all that often either. It's pretty clear that most of the time HMs either don't notice the camera sound or ignore it.

That doesn't mean a HM looking at a camera means they're fake, however. I think that what explains most of the times when a HM is looking at a camera is that there are lots of cameras, many placed where they can get face shots of the HMs, and there's someone who picks which camera's view to show and can pick one that gets a good shot of a HM's face.
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think it would cause much difference. All HMs know they are being filmed...

Well it would make a slight different as the nutty ones wouldn't seek out the cameras and flash their bums or whatever.:rolleyes:
  • johnanjohnan Posts: 3,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great idea.
  • imrightokimrightok Posts: 8,492
    Forum Member
    MrTaylor wrote: »
    I heard they did this in the ozzy series once (I think)

So would you like a house where the HM's could not see a single cam?

Would be different... Apart from the camera runs they would have no idea who was been watched (if you know what I mean)

A good idea,but a hm may inadvertently cover or obstruct the view of a camera.
  • emmetmclemmetmcl Posts: 2,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hidden ones in the bathroom could be a possibility, as they may just think that BB aren't putting cameras in the toilets anymore, and then they would have more private conversations, etc. in there
  • EnidanEnidan Posts: 13,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well we have the visible cameras, the mirror cameras and the times when the camera crew are actually there in the house filming in person. So I guess a couple of hidden cameras won't hurt.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,766
    Forum Member
    emmetmcl wrote: »
    Hidden ones in the bathroom could be a possibility, as they may just think that BB aren't putting cameras in the toilets anymore, and then they would have more private conversations, etc. in there

Trying to trick people into believing they're not being filmed while they're taking a poo whilst they actually are is ethically dubious at best.
  • EnidanEnidan Posts: 13,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »
    Trying to trick people into believing they're not being filmed while they're taking a poo whilst they actually are is ethically dubious at best.

Watching someone poo would be one of the more boring options for me.
  • emmetmclemmetmcl Posts: 2,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enidan wrote: »

Having hidden cameras to see people wasn't my number one reason for it, but I guess there are people who like to see that
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Enidan wrote: »

I know we want live feed but I would give that one a miss! :D

Too few cameras could make the contestants too aware of being filmed.
    I think at the moment it is perhaps too obvious when filming is taking place or not.
    If they filmed everything (or pretended to) the housemates would probably become less conscious of the cameras and it would stop them working out who is popular and what the important storyline is.