Why is Cameron having to defend his use of the term "Muppets"?

2»

Comments

• Cg_EvansCg_Evans Posts: 2,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched PMQs onyesterdays Daily Politics. I loved Millibands not wolf from wall street but dunce from downing street, even cameron laughed before rolling his eyes, hehe
  • MartinPMartinP Posts: 31,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jol44 wrote: »
    You're not very objective are you

And you are? :D

Your views on Ed calling Cameron a "dunce" please....
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,414
    Forum Member

Cos it's unparliamentary language and MPs (of all parties) behaving like they were in a bear pit does not go down well with the public and it sets a pretty poor example.
  • solenoidsolenoid Posts: 15,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does this mean Diane Abott is Fozzie Bear?
    The Eagle sisters are Waldorf and Statler?
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Better Muppets than being puppets of big business.
  • Dare_AllanDare_Allan Posts: 2,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I may be missing something.

Are people claiming that Ed Milliband is a real person and not an animatronic character operated by a hand up his arse and someone else's hands making all those ridiculous gestures?

The British people should be told.
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Cos it's unparliamentary language and MPs (of all parties) behaving like they were in a bear pit does not go down well with the public and it sets a pretty poor example.

But calling the PM a dunce isn't unparliamentary :confused:
  • Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Staunchy wrote: »
    When anyone calls people silly names or only when Cameron does it?

So you compare my views to that of the Prime Minister? Why thank you.

I imagine I could do a better job.

Oh hold on you were making an ad hominem attack. How lame.
  • MartinPMartinP Posts: 31,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What an ego! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MartinP wrote: »
    What an ego! :)

One only expresses facts :)
  • StaunchyStaunchy Posts: 10,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So you compare my views to that of the Prime Minister? Why thank you.

Oh hold on you were making an ad hominem attack. How lame.

You called him childish for calling people silly names so I highlighted you do it too and asked if it's only childish when Cameron does it, hardly irrelevant and therefore not ad hominem or lame as you describe it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You called him childish for calling people silly names so I highlighted you do it too and asked if it's only childish when Cameron does it, hardly irrelevant and therefore not ad hominem or lame as you describe it.

He is being childish. Do you deny that?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Childish is your opinion, how is disagreeing with you denying it? Is that even possible?

I was just asking; if you think Cameron was being childish, how do you view your own name calling of Osborne?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Childish is your opinion, how is disagreeing with you denying it? Is that even possible?

I was just asking; if you think Cameron was being childish, how do you view your own name calling of Osborne?

I'm asking for clarity; Cameron is a politician who should not be saying childish things. Do you agree with that principle?

Whatever I've posted that you've got in your forum stalker files is irrelevant!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm asking for clarity; Cameron is a politician who should not be saying childish things. Do you agree with that principle?

Whatever I've posted that you've got in your forum stalker files is irrelevant!

"Forum stalker files"? It's something you said a couple of days ago, I remembered it so I used the search function with "Biffo Gideon" to find it. Still, if it makes you feel special imagining someone is stalking you, you carry on.

I asked you a question first, you don't seem to want to give me an answer so I won't waste any more of your time.
  • jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,565
    Forum Member
    Cg_Evans wrote: »
    I watched PMQs onyesterdays Daily Politics. I loved Millibands not wolf from wall street but dunce from downing street, even cameron laughed before rolling his eyes, hehe

Pathetic stuff.
  • MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You're being hypocritical, do you?
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    I think the term is a little unparliamentary. but he didn't mean it like the standard insult 'the rt hon gentle is a complete Muppet'

and frankly the stuff ed balls gets away with has changed the definition of parliamentary.