Options

Another Voting Leak Susanna Wins Double the Vote In The Semi Final

TheWireRulesTheWireRules Posts: 1,307
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/susanna-reid-strictly-come-dancing-2948059
Susanna Reid is the clear favourite to waltz off with the Strictly Come Dancing title after dominating the phone voting for a month.

Figures leaked before tonight’s final revealed the BBC Breakfast host pulled in double the votes of her nearest rival, pop singer Sophie Ellis Bextor, after last Saturday’s semi.

She also pulled in 38% of the votes in the quarters, compared with 15% apiece for Sophie and Abbey Clancy, indicating the weight of public backing for her

Comments

• Options
    Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    It does seem like she is losing votes though (she pulled in more then double the votes in the quarterfinal according to that statistic).
  • Options
    Judge DreadJudge Dread Posts: 10,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Susanna is losing votes, mainly to Abbey.
  • Options
    slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    I wonder why all of these voting leaks are suddenly happening this last couple of weeks

is it just the phone votes leaked or both phone vote and online vote
  • Options
    henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see that the Mirror article was date and time stamped "Dec 21, 2013 00:16

This DS forum post

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=70408772&postcount=80

was date and time stamped "Yesterday, 22:09" meaning Dec 20th.

I rounded my numbers to the nearest 5% to hinder tracing of the source.
  • Options
    Sally Mander2Sally Mander2 Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    Is the title a sort of spoiler - I mean voting leak suggesting overwhelming support for Suzanne. Of course I think anyone who has been following the show now knows about her popularity.

Edit - okay this all seems to be public knowledge emblazoned in the tabloids - so maybe not a spoiler.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the person who leaks to The Star is someone at the BT exchange as they get all the reality leaks. This one though, given it's very specific nature looks to have come from the BBC directly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the title a sort of spoiler - I mean voting leak suggesting overwhelming support for Suzanne. Of course I think anyone who has been following the show now knows about her popularity.

Edit - okay this all seems to be public knowledge emblazoned in the tabloids - so maybe not a spoiler.

Not really. It's in a national newspaper and could be false. Although don't think anybody doubts it's true.
  • Options
    jinx2jinx2 Posts: 441
    Forum Member
    The voting stats do not (because the can't) take into account all the people who only vote in the final.
    I think that one off swing vote could make tonight very interesting.
  • Options
    Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The interesting thing to me from the semi final vote over the quarter final vote is that I thought Sophie would get a bump because of the 'perceived' under marking so bemoaned on here on the night but she didn't it was Abbey that increased. My gut says it's going to be between Susanna & Abbey but I still think Susanna will win because of the three person final section vote split. A straight 2 person vote might have been different.
  • Options
    Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    I don't believe anything in newspapers - they're often just someone's fantasy. Just look at the 'Express' last week with its "exclusive" that Fforsyth has signed for next years series - they don't even start discussing contracts until spring. A work of complete fiction.
  • Options
    Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder why all of these voting leaks are suddenly happening this last couple of weeks

is it just the phone votes leaked or both phone vote and online vote

Just the phone votes, according to that article.

I see that the Mirror article was date and time stamped "Dec 21, 2013 00:16

This DS forum post

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=70408772&postcount=80

was date and time stamped "Yesterday, 22:09" meaning Dec 20th.

I rounded my numbers to the nearest 5% to hinder tracing of the source.

The Mirror said Susanna had double the votes of her nearest rival Sophie. Your figures showed Soph at 20% and Susanna at 30%. Even with rounding, this does not correlate to the Mirror's figures...well, unless you just threw an additional 5% on top of Sophie and Abbey's 'real' votes and left Susanna's as they were. Cus yeah, no one would want to skew the voting figures AT ALL. (No offence Henry, but I did rather scoff at your "5% rounding").
  • Options
    hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope she does win if Natalie goes 4th then I would love Susanna 2 win
  • Options
    bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    those figs are leaked by one of the PR people
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »
    I don't believe anything in newspapers - they're often just someone's fantasy. Just look at the 'Express' last week with its "exclusive" that Fforsyth has signed for next years series - they don't even start discussing contracts until spring. A work of complete fiction.

Exactly! and look at the number of people on here who believed it!

All that report said was that; "He was defying critics by agreeing to host Strictly for another year."

With whom he's actually "agreed" is unknown, it certainly wasn't with the BBC, as nothing has been signed.

The "news" that the BBC were "happy to have him" was reported as coming from, a "high placed source" at the BBC."

That's as about as believable as my occasional; "I'm reliably informed" bits of nonsense, when I'm making fun of something on TV.

Perhaps I'll start using it as an alternative.
  • Options
    MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never mind.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those figures mean that Patrick must have come second in the public vote.
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OldLady wrote: »

How, when the nearest rival was quoted as being Sophie?

Figures gained elsewhere from a reliable poster above show Susanna was down to only 30% of the public vote by the semis with both Sophie & Abbey on 20% and Natalie & Patrick on 15%. - These figures are evened to the nearest 5 to disguise the source.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That does figures do not add to 100. Sophie is the nearest rival because she is still left in.
  • Options
    Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No they don't he was bottom
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That does figures do not add to 100. Sophie is the nearest rival because she is still left in.

30 + 20 + 20 + 15 + 15 makes 100%

This could mean Susanna got 28% & Sophie 22% and/or Natalie 17% and Patrick 13%.
    The figures have been disguised deliberately.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Based on the figures in the original post Susanna, Abbey and Sophie had 68% between them. That leaves 32% between Natalie and Patrick. Natalie has to have less than Sophie or she would not have been in the dance off, so 14% at the very most. That leaves 18% for Patrick, which makes him second on the public vote.
  • Options
    kassieqkassieq Posts: 3,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know how the online voting will work for the final, do we get two lots of votes? I have been looking but can't seem to find any info. Thanks :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,126
    Forum Member
    I wonder what the % split between phone and online voting is....In fact I'am surprised anyone bothers with telephone voting when you can have at least 5 free votes....and in age of multiple e-mail accounts a lot more if you can be bothered to set up multiple BBC ID accounts....As for the leaks...no idea if true or not...but it's the final tonight and this will undoubtedly attract more viewers and votes. So I still reckon there is everything to play for.
  • Options
    SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    It does look like Susanna will win quite comfortably
  • Options
    IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonder where Patrick's votes will go.