Sixth UN school bombed

What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/30/gaza-another-un-school-hit-in-further-night-of-fierce-bombardment

A UN Official
"He said in a statement: “Last night, children were killed as they slept next to their parents on the floor of a classroom in a UN-designated shelter in Gaza. Children killed in their sleep; this is an affront to all of us, a source of universal shame. Today the world stands disgraced.

“We have visited the site and gathered evidence. We have analysed fragments, examined craters and other damage. Our initial assessment is that it was Israeli artillery that hit our school, in which 3,300 people had sought refuge. We believe there were at least three impacts.

“It is too early to give a confirmed official death toll. But we know that there were multiple civilian deaths and injuries including of women and children and the UNRWA guard who was trying to protect the site. These are people who were instructed to leave their homes by the Israeli army.”

Can anyone really claim this is this isn't a coordinated plan now. Attacks on media offices, infrastructure, schools, refugee camps...?

Is it justifiable?

Comments

• LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cannot see any justification for bombing buildings where civilian families have fled in the hope of finding sanctuary.

It's just heartbreaking.
  • Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/30/gaza-another-un-school-hit-in-further-night-of-fierce-bombardment

A UN Official

Can anyone really claim this is this isn't a coordinated plan now. Attacks on media offices, infrastructure, schools, refugee camps...?

Is it justifiable?

i have no idea, i dont know much about the whole situation, but from what i gather the terrorists are launching missiles and firing from schools, hospitals, refugee camps, so sny retaliation goes straight to that place.
    If i'm wrong, fair enough.
  • idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member

A UN Official

Is it justifiable?

It's comparable to a grown man sick of having his flowers trampled on every night by one or two naughty schoolkids, so decides to march into the playground and kick seven shades out of every one of them until they get the message.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    What Stands Behind the IDF's Targets in Gaza?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUJpFSE4oH4
  • D_Mcd4D_Mcd4 Posts: 10,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they're launching those rockets at Israel from schools and hospitals in an attempt to use civilians as a human shield then it is obviously a waste of time. Israel don't care about bombing human shields. The Israelis see it as defending their country.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The UN sent the Israeli authorities 17 notifications of their position and the fact that people were sheltering at the school. The actions of the Israeli Defence Force are outrageous, inhumane, criminal, and their spokesmen's defence of these operations by claiming that Hamas is firing rockets from somewhere in the vicinity of their (the IDF's) killing of civilians, many of whom are children, has become less and less credible.

I do not understand how anyone can still support Israel in their attacks upon the people of Gaza.
  • JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    hamas have been using UN schools to store rockets.....at least 3 times and i bet its a lot more..Israel are defending themselves
  • Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    UN is hardly fit for purpose allowing terrorists to store weapons in their buildings. no wonder why israel cant trust the UN
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    Moholo wrote: »
    The UN sent the Israeli authorities 17 notifications of their position and the fact that people were sheltering at the school. The actions of the Israeli Defence Force are outrageous, inhumane, criminal, and their spokesmen's defence of these operations by claiming that Hamas is firing rockets from somewhere in the vicinity of their (the IDF's) killing of civilians, many of whom are children, has become less and less credible.

I do not understand how anyone can still support Israel in their attacks upon the people of Gaza.

Why has it?

Do you genuinely believe that Irael would do this for any other reason, knowing how bad it will look. They are defending themselves, and retaliating to the constant stream of rockets being fired at them. How anyone can support Hamas, and what they are doing to their own people, is beyond me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think people would be less likely to justify Israel's policy of blitzing anything & everything if our own police started doing the same here.

Eg. The police can spend hours chasing A teenage joyrider who has stolen a car. Instaed of following him for hours by car/helicopter & getting him away from densely populated areas to protect the public, they should just shoot him to cut out all the aggro, and if a few innocent cars/bystanders get hit in the process, so be it.

At least the police got their man...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dekaf wrote: »
    Why has it?

Do you genuinely believe that Irael would do this for any other reason, knowing how bad it will look. They are defending themselves, and retaliating to the constant stream of rockets being fired at them. How anyone can support Hamas, and what they are doing to their own people, is beyond me.

I mean these rockets are like pea shooters. As harmful as me pissing against a wall.
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    I mean these rockets are like pea shooters. As harmful as me pissing against a wall.

Well that would kinda make it worse, if it were true. Hamas are putting their own people at risk for what exactly then?
  • Noel CanardNoel Canard Posts: 562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's also this in the last hour:

Israel bombs market place killing 17

At least 17 people have been killed and 160 wounded in an Israeli strike that hit a fruit and vegetable market near Gaza City.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-28571785

The sad fact is, Israel will and can get away with all the killings. They've got the support of the likes of Obama, Cameron, Milliband, many other European leaders, Australia..

All should hang their heads in shame.
  • jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Is it justifiable?
    Hamas have been found to be hiding rockets in schools is the sad truth of it. They treat the UN with contempt even when they are helping thousands of Gazans.
  • Noel CanardNoel Canard Posts: 562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jzee wrote: »
    Hamas have been found to be hiding rockets in schools is the sad truth of it. They treat the UN with contempt even when they are helping thousands of Gazans.

How can you justify Israeli bombing a market place where Palestinians were doing their shopping?
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Hamas terrorists can stop this any time they like. They prefer to get the publicity.
  • jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How can you justify Israeli bombing a market place where Palestinians were doing their shopping?
    I can't, you'd hope if rockets are being stored there they could have bombed at night, but then there are presumably houses there too, so it must be hard to avoid casualties in such a densely populated area.
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are no wrongs and rights only dead sons and daughters, One might have bigger stones to throw but they are both committing their own to death in the future.
  • MesostimMesostim Posts: 52,864
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »
    The Hamas terrorists can stop this any time they like. They prefer to get the publicity.

Good to hear the Christian point of view...thanks!!!
  • What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SJ_Mental wrote: »
    There are no wrongs and rights only dead sons and daughters.
    Aren't the people who killed them wrong?