pete137pete137 Posts: 18,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One word ? "spinning".

Another word ? "grave".
  • Options
    chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    Fabulous..nothing can replace Freddie but Adam does a good job, neither is he trying to be Freddie
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lea27 wrote: »
    What?

Can't remember the lad's name but didn't Adam come second to someone with an average voice who sang a lot of ballads and was always behind a piano?

Yep, dull and bland good old Christian country boy vs flamboyant gay man - now which one is the US viewing public going to vote for? :confused:
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is no Queen without Freddie.

However, loved Adam Lambert on AI.
  • Options
    E05297535E05297535 Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member
    Adam Lambert...such a showman
    Remembering his time on AI...and despite coming 2nd, he went on to be the most successful! !:D:cool::D

A lesson for Mr Andrea Faustini there!!!:D:D:D
  • Options
    redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fantastic performance
  • Options
    Visitor QVisitor Q Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oilcat wrote: »
    Take the vocalist out and the "group" are just backing musicians. Would The Stones still be The Stones without Jagger? Would The Who still be The Who without Daltrey?

What utter crap.

I have nothing against Daltrey (and not much against Jagger), but try taking Pete Townshend out of The Who, then what would you have? A distinct lack of songs, for a start.

Led Zeppelin without Jimmy Page? Van Halen without Edward Van Halen? Jools Holland's Rhythm and Blues Orchestra without Jools Bloody Holland? Or what about Fleetwood Mac? The only constants are the drummer and bass player.

A group - a proper group, not a group as the X Factor defines it - is the sum of its parts. It's not just a singer and a bunch of sidemen.
  • Options
    threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Visitor Q wrote: »
    What utter crap.

I have nothing against Daltrey (and not much against Jagger), but try taking Pete Townshend out of The Who, then what would you have? A distinct lack of songs, for a start.

Led Zeppelin without Jimmy Page? Van Halen without Edward Van Halen? Jools Holland's Rhythm and Blues Orchestra without Jools Bloody Holland? Or what about Fleetwood Mac? The only constants are the drummer and bass player.

A group - a proper group, not a group as the X Factor defines it - is the sum of its parts. It's not just a singer and a bunch of sidemen.

I'm so glad you picked up on that post and responded much more politely than it deserved :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We must have been watching a different show in 2009 then:confused:

:p:p:p
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brought tears to my eyes.
    RIP Freddie :(

Adam is no Freddie but he is brilliant as himself. He is the closest you can get to Freddie without having Freddie and yet still be different.

Best thing I've seen on X-Factor in a looooong while.
  • Options
    maureensmaureens Posts: 13,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »
    How did Adam not win USA X Factor or whatever he was on, who beat him? that guy can bloody sing.

Kris Allen beat Adam, oddly enough my top 2 contestants in a final together two totally different artists, i loved American Idol with those two, Adam was my favourite but as they were great friends, i didnt mind too much , as like other competitions i know you dont have to win to do well,.... i met Adam Lambert in 2010 when doing promotion work over here (lovely and friendly, also great looking!!) and going to see him and Queen in January in Leeds i cant wait it is going to be brilliant!!! I cant believe i had to break my rule of not watching xfactor tonight , but it was worth it,, i wont be watching again though as realised i am not missing anything!!
    Sorry OP in answer to your question.............Amazing!!!
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Different.
  • Options
    Eve ElleEve Elle Posts: 6,507
    Forum Member
    It was very good. No one can replace Freddie, but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy Adam's take on the material. Also, it did really show the lack of quality with the current X Factor contestants. :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    Outstanding. Adam is easily one of the most talented artists ever to come from a reality show, is easily one of the most technically proficient pop/rock vocalists in the world today and his 2 solo albums are fantastic. Can't wait to see them live in January :cool:

The 'It's Not Queen without Freddie' people - have you not noticed that they're billed as 'Queen and Adam Lambert' and previously 'Queen and Paul Rodgers'? :confused: They aren't trying to be who they were in the 70s/80s/90s; they're just continuing to do what makes them happy and sharing their music. Do you really think Freddie wouldn't want them to do that? Of course he would. Why the hell shouldn't they? They still sound great. And they're attracting new fans all the time. I applaud them and respect them greatly for that.
  • Options
    babinabababinaba Posts: 5,447
    Forum Member
    Aura101 wrote: »
    The dull x factor contestants joining in ruined it for me

Could not agree more. I don't know why they had to be there :( >:(
  • Options
    Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »
    He should of won.

So right. He is brilliant. The one that won that year was bland in the extream.
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    Absolutely breathtaking. They certainly the right man to follow Freddie.
  • Options
    CARA2000CARA2000 Posts: 10,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That performance was fantastic! What a showman Adam Lambert is.

YES! Great singing.
  • Options
    ExmrsExmrs Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    The last note of this performance is incredible And I don't usually like this song
    http://youtu.be/Zo1eMyv2qZM

Also love this
    http://youtu.be/suV6viDG4i0
  • Options
    Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One word?

Travesty.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    One word?

Travesty.

A bit melodramatic, don't you think?
  • Options
    dia6olodia6olo Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adam is a decent singer but it didn't work for me.
  • Options
    spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw Adam Lambert with Queen at the Hammersmith Apollo in 2012 and they were sensational. One of the best gigs I've been to. Adam is one of the few singers around today who can do Freddie's songs justice, imo. A brilliant singer with an incredible vocal range who's not trying to copy Freddie in any way, but doing his own thing within the band. I enjoyed Adam on Glee too. He did a lot of musical theatre when he was younger. Wish he'd do more as I think his voice is suited to theatrical songs rather than a lot of the bland generic sounding pop on his solo albums. Apart from a few songs I like. I prefer him singing Queen's songs to his own songs, generally.