Comments

• Options
    Yo Omars CominYo Omars Comin Posts: 1,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    MrTheDMrTheD Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    Worst picture you could find yeah? Says it all...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only one I could find where she wasn't plastered with a ton of make-up. Yeah?
  • Options
    MrTheDMrTheD Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    And she looks absolutely fine to me, if you think she looks bad there then you either have an eye deficiency or unattainably high standards.

I saw Rachel very close up at the Cats does Countdown Xmas show taping in December and whilst, yes, she was wearing make up, she looked even better in the flesh, and came across as really funny and natural in the bits between takes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never once said she looks bad. Not once.

She's just not as beautiful and sexy as some would have you believe, that's all.

I didn't mean to cause any offence. If I have done, I wholeheartedly apologise.
  • Options
    CherylFanCherylFan Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The onky reason to tune in to this awful show is to see whag she and Suzie Dent are wearing.
    not the most cerebral reason i admit...
  • Options
    DirtyhippyDirtyhippy Posts: 2,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

yep, gorgeous. Great bone structure.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Last night's was one of the worst episodes they've ever done.

Not sure who to blame most for ruining the show or if it was a group effort.
  • Options
    warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That bloke Romesh used the same joke throughout, and then it had Joe Wilkinson who ran out of ideas a long time ago. Even the panel were looking awkward.
  • Options
    TCD1975TCD1975 Posts: 3,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stand Josie Long, but I have to credit her with being very good at the show when she last appeared as a contestant, but she came across as a total **** in the most recent episode. I know she was just joking around, but it wasn't funny, she should have realised that and dropped it.

Romesh was just as bad (and I have to agree with his dad ... if someone that thick can get into a position as a maths teacher it's a sad state of affairs).
  • Options
    epm-84epm-84 Posts: 3,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TCD1975 wrote: »
    I can't stand Josie Long, but I have to credit her with being very good at the show when she last appeared as a contestant, but she came across as a total **** in the most recent episode. I know she was just joking around, but it wasn't funny, she should have realised that and dropped it.

Did they edit out her dictionary corner pieces before the breaks or were they so boring I forgot about them?
    Romesh was just as bad (and I have to agree with his dad ... if someone that thick can get into a position as a maths teacher it's a sad state of affairs).

I agree that the countdown clock music is very loud if you're in the studio. However, the two number rounds were relatively easy so it should have been possible for him to get them despite the distraction and the pressure of being on TV.

The second one was a target of 308 and there was a 75 and a 2, a 4 and a 9 there. Even if he missed (75+2) x 4 = 308, how could he have not got 309?
  • Options
    epm-84epm-84 Posts: 3,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    warszawa wrote: »
    That bloke Romesh used the same joke throughout, and then it had Joe Wilkinson who ran out of ideas a long time ago. Even the panel were looking awkward.

They've now shown 15 episodes since Joe Wilkinson was 'fired' and Wilkinson has appeared on 13 of those. Really Carr should drop the introduction that he's been fired but he's turned up anyway. If they really want to stick with him having been fired but still turns up I think he should walk on with no introduction and then 5 minutes later someone in a security guard uniform should appear and remove him from the set.
  • Options
    bart4858bart4858 Posts: 11,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    epm-84 wrote: »
    The second one was a target of 308 and there was a 75 and a 2, a 4 and a 9 there. Even if he missed (75+2) x 4 = 308, how could he have not got 309?

Or just 300, which would have been closer than his 319?
  • Options
    niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got the strong impression that no one on the show liked Jonny Vegas. There seemed to be a lot of sideways glances and sighs when he was speaking. Anyone else agree?
  • Options
    JurassicMarkJurassicMark Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought it was below average this week.

Not sure if Josie Long was acting the smart-arse for laughs, but she came across as a genuine smart-arse and therefore annoying.

Can't believe that Romesh was a former Maths teacher, he was terrible in the number rounds. Also got a bit fed up with him moaning about the distractions, the others have the same distractions but they didn't moan.
    I got the strong impression that no one on the show liked Jonny Vegas. There seemed to be a lot of sideways glances and sighs when he was speaking. Anyone else agree?

Didn't notice that myself, but you tend to got a few awkward looks from others when he's on the panel, due to his unpredictable hit and miss rants. Usually find his material more miss than hit, but thought he was the best guest this week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I see people have similar views on the show.

Vegas can be too overbearing on shows. It has to be the right show and have the right people around him to work.

I remember on QI Stephen Fry getting very fed up of his antics.

As for Romesh, I wonder if these more educated guests are scared of coming across as dumb if they're bad at the game so purposely play up to being a bit thick.

Josie Long I just can't stand. She still acts like a teenage giggling activist. Her stint in dictionary corner was poor and I wouldn't be surprised if the parts were cut as they usually have the guest do something rather than just be a smart arse.
  • Options
    RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    Tonights Episode:

A Battle Between 8 Out Of 10 Cats Team Capitans

&

A Battle Between Vic & Bob

So its Sean Lock & Vic Reeves Vs Jon Richardson & Bob Mortimer

Also featuring Jack Whitehall in dictionary corner
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Shooting Stars Does 8 Out of 10 Cats does Countdown

They should have got Matt Lucas, Johnny Vegas or Angelos for dictionary corner, or even Dee or Ulrika. (Dout Lucas or Lamaar would actually do it).

It's funny because only the other day after the piss poor episode I was wondering about how they could shake it up, even just a little and thought of themed episodes with duo or trio acts.

Baddiel and Skinner, Mitchell and Webb, Armstron & Miller / Osman, Enfield, Whitehouse and Higson / Burke etc.
  • Options
    RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Shooting Stars Does 8 Out of 10 Cats does Countdown

They should have got Matt Lucas, Johnny Vegas or Angelos for dictionary corner, or even Dee or Ulrika. (Dout Lucas or Lamaar would actually do it).

It's funny because only the other day after the piss poor episode I was wondering about how they could shake it up, even just a little and thought of themed episodes with duo or trio acts.

Baddiel and Skinner, Mitchell and Webb, Armstrong & Miller / Osman, Enfield, Whitehouse and Higson / Burke etc.

Yeah agreed it could add a nice addition...Ones in bold in particular would be nice to see.
  • Options
    CherylFanCherylFan Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rachel looks really hot today
  • Options
    Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Why does the 'numbers' whiteboard have that grid on it? I know it does in regular Countdown too, but...why?
  • Options
    lealeedslealeeds Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First time I've found Joe interesting in the hulk costume tonight
    Looks pretty hot.
  • Options
    TerryHTerryH Posts: 1,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vic and Bob looking less than impressed with Joe Wilkinson.

Not so much as a smile from either of them.
  • Options
    fordjfordj Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TerryH wrote: »
    Vic and Bob looking less than impressed with Joe Wilkinson.

Not so much as a smile from either of them.

It was making them sad remembering what it's like to be funny.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rachel Riley saying "suck me off" on camera. that is all :)