Options

BEYONCE - Lemonade

Comments

• Options
    Ash's ManAsh's Man Posts: 7,165
    Forum Member
    The water sequence for Freedom/Survivor/End of Time is insanely good! I thought there was literally nothing left for her to do on the stage at this point but clearly not.
  • Options
    Rae_AmuryRae_Amury Posts: 588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What on earth are you on about? Where have I assumed that all you are looking for is disposable pop? I haven't. I simply responded to another poster who's post was alluding to the fact that there was no "bangers" on the album...the post came across as if that's what they wanted, which of course there is nothing wrong with. However, as stated in a previous post, I said that if Beyoncé just continued to come out with "bangers" every album and never did anything different, then she wouldn't be developing as an artist.

lol

I was not referring to you but to something that has happened to me two years ago and why I dislike this "you don't like my faves acclaimed album, you must be only looking for disposable pop" attitude.

Only if an artist releases still the same formulaic music then he is not developping. There is plenty of progressive bangers around.
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ash's Man wrote: »
    The water sequence for Freedom/Survivor/End of Time is insanely good! I thought there was literally nothing left for her to do on the stage at this point but clearly not.

I thought the water sequence was for Sorry, but just checked and you're right it's for Freedom. I think it's a fantastic setlist, although I'm surprised she left out the following:
    No 'If Were A Boy'. Also no 'Get Me Bodied'...she has done this on pretty much every tour though so I get why she left it out, but it had become a bit of a tour fan favourite and it's great live. Deja Vu still not included in the setlist!! She has not performed it in years...I'm convinced she doesn't like it. Last time she performed it, it was during her stripped back Vegas concert, but even then she only performed part of it and it was a jazz version. I'm surprised she didn't do Sandcastles, although I suppose she can't do every song off the new album. I'm just happy we finally got a Countdown performance!!!!
  • Options
    Ash's ManAsh's Man Posts: 7,165
    Forum Member
    I thought the water sequence was for Sorry, but just checked and you're right it's for Freedom. I think it's a fantastic setlist, although I'm surprised she left out the following:
    No 'If Were A Boy'. Also no 'Get Me Bodied'...she has done this on pretty much every tour though so I get why she left it out, but it had become a bit of a tour fan favourite and it's great live. Deja Vu still not included in the setlist!! She has not performed it in years...I'm convinced she doesn't like it. Last time she performed it, it was during her stripped back Vegas concert, but even then she only performed part of it and it was a jazz version. I'm surprised she didn't do Sandcastles, although I suppose she can't do every song off the new album. I'm just happy we finally got a Countdown performance!!!!
    Honestly I don't think that's gonna be the final setlist. I am surprised by no 'XO' or 'Irreplaceable' considering they would both give her breaks from dancing, they were both hits (Irreplaceable in particular) and they were both made for stadiums. I don't think I've ever seen a more physically demanding setlist, the dance breaks are not just dance breaks, they're extremely high voltage. She'll probably introduce other songs off of Lemonade as the show goes on to keep the show/album in the spotlight so that's no surprise to me. Glad she left off 'if I were a boy'. To be honest she performed the only songs I thought were decent from 'I Am... Appealing To Everyone'. And yeah, sad she keeps leaving out 'Deja Vu' as I think its one of her best songs and a performance of it now would be great. Pleasantly surprised to see a return for 'Me, Myself & I', 'Countdown' and especially 'Party'! Oh and no 'Love On Top'??! Yeah, this is not the final setlist.
  • Options
    CappySpectrumCappySpectrum Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do so many people love Beyonce's music? I find her music irritating and I'm really curious what people hear that I cannot. A lot of her songs are the same thing over and over or not even singing but a lot of noise.
  • Options
    Captain DallasCaptain Dallas Posts: 1,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every seems to be talking about the film and the stage show, surely they should be focusing on the music not the visuals which judging by the comments seem overly extravagant. This presumably is to disguise the paltry ideas in the music.
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Why do so many people love Beyonce's music? I find her music irritating and I'm really curious what people hear that I cannot. A lot of her songs are the same thing over and over or not even singing but a lot of noise.

Depends what music you are normally into though, are you someone who listens to popp/urban artists ? if not you arent likely to like beyonce are you!
    Every seems to be talking about the film and the stage show, surely they should be focusing on the music not the visuals which judging by the comments seem overly extravagant. This presumably is to disguise the paltry ideas in the music.

Its just another way to promote an album.
  • Options
    ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    That setlist is longgggggggģggggg

I assume she's doing her normal thing of singing snippets not full songs
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Different strokes for different folks. We don't all like the same thing. I can't say that I particularly like her, although I do own 2 of her albums and like other songs but I can understand there there are many out there that do like her. It's great that there are so many different artists to choose from so if you don't like one you can find another.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She added the following to the setlist last night:
    1+1
  • Options
    jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched a couple of clips and loved the transition from Hold Up into Countdown.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jlp95bwfc wrote: »
    Watched a couple of clips and loved the transition from Hold Up into Countdown.

Me too, think that's one of my favourite parts. Have wanted her to do Countdown on a tour for so long.
  • Options
    Pepsii ColaPepsii Cola Posts: 1,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't get Sorry out of my head!
  • Options
    Leyla_CarlisleLeyla_Carlisle Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know how to watch lemonade online?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    6 Inch has gone from being my least favourite to possibly my favourite. Love the big theatrical start to it and both Beyonce and The Weekend's verses. This is definitely my favourite album from her, along with 4.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know how to watch lemonade online?

I'm guessing it will appear on Spotify soon as when you search Beyonce on there a message comes up saying "If you are searching for Lemonade then please bear with us, we are working on getting it on Spotify". I'm not sure is this a normal message for albums that aren't on Spotify?
  • Options
    Peter the GreatPeter the Great Posts: 14,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm guessing it will appear on Spotify soon as when you search Beyonce on there a message comes up saying "If you are searching for Lemonade then please bear with us, we are working on getting it on Spotify". I'm not sure is this a normal message for albums that aren't on Spotify?
    For streaming the album it is only exclusively available on Tidal which isn't surprising considering who owns Tidal. A similar message appears for Adele 25 which still isn't available on Spotify.
  • Options
    jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The message they put up is pretty similar for all big albums. Doesn't mean they're going to get it. I read that it would only ever be available for streaming on Tidal, but then again the same was said about Kanye's The Life Of Pablo and that was put on Spotify.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have not stopped playing this album since its release. Favourites are definitely Hold Up, Sorry, Sandcastles, Formation and Freedom. She performed Prince's 'The Beautiful Ones' on tour the other night as a tribute. The tour looks incredible. I had tickets to see her, but then sold them as I don't really like stadium tours...I prefer arenas. However, after watching videos it looks amazing. I've seen her on tour a few times before though so wasn't sure if I could justify paying out to see her again. Think I'll have a look online though and try and get some tickets second hand.
  • Options
    MissMusiqueMissMusique Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the album too, have only watched the film once but have had the music on loop since it came out. There's not one song I dislike on the album, although if I had to choose I find Love Drought probably the weakest, and the intonation and structure of Sandcastles bugs me for a singer of Beyonce's calibre. So much of that song is ever so slightly out of tune and now I've noticed it, it's the only thing I can hear!
    My favourites are Don't Hurt Yourself, Daddy Lessons and Freedom although I think the lyrics to Pray You Catch Me are beautiful. My favourite Beyonce album so far!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the album too, have only watched the film once but have had the music on loop since it came out. There's not one song I dislike on the album, although if I had to choose I find Love Drought probably the weakest, and the intonation and structure of Sandcastles bugs me for a singer of Beyonce's calibre. So much of that song is ever so slightly out of tune and now I've noticed it, it's the only thing I can hear!
    My favourites are Don't Hurt Yourself, Daddy Lessons and Freedom although I think the lyrics to Pray You Catch Me are beautiful. My favourite Beyonce album so far!

I'm the complete opposite. I absolutely love Sandcastles. I think it's supposed to sound the way that it does, with her voice breaking etc and her choking up. I love that about it. I agree about Love Drought though, probably my least fav too.
  • Options
    MissMusiqueMissMusique Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm the complete opposite. I absolutely love Sandcastles. I think it's supposed to sound the way that it does, with her voice breaking etc and her choking up. I love that about it. I agree about Love Drought though, probably my least fav too.

It's not the choking up and voice breaking that bothers me - i actually enjoy her voice like that. A lot of it is simply out of tune. Especially the first time she sings the word sandcastles. I have perfect pitch so I'm really sensitive to such things and normally Beyonce is really precise and her intonation is probably the best about of all the modern pop singers. That's why I'm so surprised with this song. It really grates and I wish she'd have fixed it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pictures going around online of her rehearsing for the next concert seem to show her in the stadium practicing the big jump that she does in the Lemonade film. Looks like she's going to add 'Pray You Catch Me' to the setlist and do the jump from the top of the stadium.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love On Top has also been added to the setlist.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Number 1 on iTunes a month after release! It's doing great. I still have it on repeat. Loving 6 Inch at the moment which is strange as it was my least favourite when the album first came out.