Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 7)

Comments

• Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,940
    Forum Member
    "Ladies and Gentlemen I bring you the Plusnet band":mad:

Cue crap dancing along to a brass rendition of Ruby, or Baby one more time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    "Ladies and Gentlemen I bring you the Plusnet band":mad:

Cue crap dancing along to a brass rendition of Ruby, or Baby one more time.

I'm guessing thats the noise, sorry muzak you get while on hold when you call them too!!!
  • Options
    CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LucyGS* wrote: »
    I don't understand why they're saying poo and not faeces or something, I'd be more embarrassed having to say a childish word like Poo to be honest.

It's so unrealistic:rolleyes:

A lot of people I know would just go "Oi Doc,I've just shat out a blood covered bog-blocker, is it serious?!?!":eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    Paddy McGuinness (what does he do?) in that awful bingo ad.
    ".......eeess gotthelot -- blah,blah,blah"

And the side-splitting punchline:- " oohs paying the leccybill on this lot?"

What do you or I care, it's a CGI background you t***k!
  • Options
    eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 23,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Tesco ad with the guy running off at the mouth...I wish Tesco would experience a huge drop in sales because of this irritating ad and whoever thought it up and got it on telly get's their sorry, unoriginal, unimaginative arse fired.
    :mad:
  • Options
    kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The iPhone advert really boils my piss. I think it's the laziness of it all even though it's being branded as 'convenient'. Sorry to those of you that have iPhones, but I just hate this advert :p

"is my brother here yet?" Look around. Is he sitting beside you? No. Or you could just text him.

"where am I meeting the estate agent?" You didn't think to check that before you went on your way?

Aaaaaaargh *smacks head off desk*
  • Options
    GlengavelGlengavel Posts: 1,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kiviraat wrote: »
    The iPhone advert really boils my piss. I think it's the laziness of it all even though it's being branded as 'convenient'. Sorry to those of you that have iPhones, but I just hate this advert :p

"is my brother here yet?" Look around. Is he sitting beside you? No. Or you could just text him.

"where am I meeting the estate agent?" You didn't think to check that before you went on your way?

Aaaaaaargh *smacks head off desk*

There was a discussion about smart phones on the radio a few weeks ago and some **** was enthusing about how he'd programmed his phone so that he could, for example, ask it "do I need a sweater today", and it would go and get the weather forecast. He later went on to say it was the next best thing to having your own PA, "which is something everybody would like to have".

Erm, no, only if you're a self-obsessed git who thinks their time is too important to waste two seconds on trivial tasks like, say, looking up the weather forecast on a web site.
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2 adverts annoying me...

Halifax with the "I believe I can fly" ad....if a football can break that window they need replacing anyway!

and the Tesco ad with that idiot reeling off all the items now at a lower price....

arrgghhh goooo away!
  • Options
    cutekitty7686cutekitty7686 Posts: 872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    new cheeky bingo ! That annoying woman when the voice says something like "so he reversed into you?" and she just stares as if to have a cheeky oh I did do it but I'm lying face!
    I can't believe people get paid to act so crap !
  • Options
    laineythenomadlaineythenomad Posts: 3,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The "Race for Life" one - what is that woman on? She talks about the number of people diagnosed with cancer as though it's something to celebrate!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Philadelphia choc cheese ad with Jennifer Saunders, so amateurish I think.

And the Halifax one. The woman at the window's face, why does her expression never change? She looks like a scary version of her in Eastenders, Max's wife.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    Go compare, i hate that guy,
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trivago Advert.
    not sure what they are trying to say when a bloke gets a deal from them who clearly is a danger to the public.

Him leering after the woman is bad enough without him then polluting the pool.
    I'd happily pay the higher price if it meant NOT being anywhere near that bloke.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    does anyone know where i recognise the new dyson ad woman narrator's voice from? she's done something else really obvious but I can't think what it is now...

Anyway annoying ad goes to anything PPI related
  • Options
    chuffsterchuffster Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    arthur3000 wrote: »
    does anyone know where i recognise the new dyson ad woman narrator's voice from? she's done something else really obvious but I can't think what it is now...

Anyway annoying ad goes to anything PPI related

It's Victoria Wood, I believe.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    new cheeky bingo ! That annoying woman when the voice says something like "so he reversed into you?" and she just stares as if to have a cheeky oh I did do it but I'm lying face!
    I can't believe people get paid to act so crap !

That's the joy of a new thread, I mentioned this on the old one, come on, admit it, you are watching Jeremy Kyle aren't you, the same as me :o
    Jequila wrote: »
    The Philadelphia choc cheese ad with Jennifer Saunders, so amateurish I think.

And the Halifax one. The woman at the window's face, why does her expression never change? She looks like a scary version of her in Eastenders, Max's wife.

I hate well known actors who do stupid adverts, it's not as if they need the money and doesn't enhance the product in any shape or form
    warrenpaul wrote: »
    Go compare, i hate that guy,

Don't we all. The stupid man is now having trouble getting work because of this. He was well respected in the industry before this advert
    Justabloke wrote: »
    I'd happily pay the higher price if it meant NOT being anywhere near that bloke.

My OH and I have always said this
  • Options
    atgatg Posts: 4,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glengavel wrote: »
    Erm, no, only if you're a self-obsessed git who thinks their time is too important to waste two seconds on trivial tasks like, say, looking up the weather forecast on a web site.
    Or even just have a quick glance out the window.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seen a new one

The stroke association, if they think anybody believes that any of the three so called actors have had a stroke, they can think again
  • Options
    ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,114
    Forum Member
    sarahj1986 wrote: »
    2 adverts annoying me...

Halifax with the "I believe I can fly" ad....if a football can break that window they need replacing anyway!

and the Tesco ad with that idiot reeling off all the items now at a lower price....

arrgghhh goooo away!

That Tesco one goes on mute as soon as I see that bloke's face:mad:
  • Options
    mulderfanmulderfan Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    wonga-those puppets are really creepy especially the man
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    P&G's "Proud sponsor of mums" - Shove off you patronising bunch of morons!

BT hotspots - I HATE both the nerd and the patronising little b!tch in this advert. Makes me want to tear out my own hair and shove it in my ears. The acting is so horrendously mind numbing it probably gives you brain damage just watching it.

Rowntrees Randoms - Just not even funny. Ridiculously stupid.

Santander 123 current account - You fart, you save. You pee, you save, You walk, you save. You talk, you save. You press mute when this advert comes on, you save yourself from rapidly descending into schizophrenia.

Harvester - Yet another annoying little twerp with the most annoying voice ever.

Underdog - "I've had an accident, I've phoned National Accident Helpline (aka underdog) and now I'm going to sue you for every penny you have" This bunch of bastards sum up everything wrong with the compensation culture in this country "I've had an accident and I think I'm entitle to compensation" :mad:

Direct Line - Sick of that curly haired little twerp and sick to death of hearing about Direct Line. Fork off you bunch of sniveling cu*s! I don't care that your not on price comparison websites, I REALLY don't! It's probably because you are a flaming rip off anyway!

SCS - With that stupid looking bint plastered in makeup and her sodding overacting and exagerated hand movements - Someone give her a bloody good slap and send her back to acting school.

Maclean Toothpaste - Yet more overacting and forced smiles, it's only a tube of toothpaste love - Your acting like it's just given you the best shag of your life...

Blood in your poo? Looser poo? or just enjoy throwing your poo at rubbish adverts?
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    the one annoying me at the moment is for natwest I think, an isa where you get a rate of 3%, where the voiceover stresses "this includes a BONUS 1 % for the first year" - something about the way he stresses bonus when what they actually mean is it's usually a measely 2%

Ajxx - calm down dear:)
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Philadelphia with chocolate ad.
    The whole idea makes me want to vomit.
    I used to work for Cadburys. When it was bought by Kraft, we joked that they would be doing cheese with chocolate, not dreaming that it would actually happen !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad to see you AJXX, keep them coming
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    AJXX wrote: »
    Rowntrees Randoms - Just not even funny. Ridiculously stupid.

Dude, where's your sense of humour?
This discussion has been closed.