The Matt Cardle Appreciation Thread (Part 49)

Comments

• chosenturbochosenturbo Posts: 8,832
    Forum Member
    Crabbie123 wrote: »
    I don't know any uncles that do that! Above and beyond the call of duty except in emergencies I believe.

same for aunties, as far as I'm concerned :p:D
  • CardlescardieCardlescardie Posts: 4,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    will talbot ‏ @willtalbot1
    Hmmm nearly enough now!?!?!

Poor Will - reckon Matt's drinking him under the table lol! :p
  • mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Matt Cardle ‏ @matt_cardle_uk
    Uncle again!! Welcome to the world princess : ) xx

SQUEEEEEE! Baby Cardles!!! He'll have to come home now to change a few nappies lol! :D:D:D:D
    Lovely review Mita - fancy me forgetting to say that we were shown round the studio! Duhbrain!

Thanks cardie I had to wait until I felt better last night so I had time to cogitate to a certain extent.;)

Love your review too; what really made me laugh was when Ali unwrapped the gobstopper that SAM had given him LOL xx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

LOL we will never know. xx ;):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
  • eldracttameldracttam Posts: 2,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eldracttam wrote: »

Am I the only saddo who spends certain moments of the day doing sums on my kitchen wall clock (subtractions of 8 :p)and wondering what he's up to? :o. Please say its not just me
    !

Believe me it's not just you :D perhaps it would be easier if we wore 2 watches, one UK time & one LA time :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bluecandy5 wrote: »
    I know, anything. A teaser or something. Just to hear a 'sound' of his.

Another Tweet, maybe he's in a Tweeting mood finally lol

me and @willtalbot1 just rolled in our convertible hummer down west compton blvd, blasting the very best of enya lol The locals loved it!xx

If some day he will do something like Enya , Enigma or something like gregorian I will be very pleased.A voice like his it will be good if he produces something for meditation or a prayer song :) like You raise me up ,'Til i met you, etc.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    link doesn't work on the PC... but this one does!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiU0s4ks8TU&feature=youtu.be

:D:D:D

Excellent.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cat24 wrote: »
    Afternoon all - just about caught up again

What a brilliant set list from the Hotel Cafe. He sounded in fine voice as always from the WWC video. Hope there's a bit more footage, especially of the new song but I feel it would have emerged already if there was. If it is one that's destined for the 2nd album, I doubt he'll do it at Boston, IoW or MFest where there would be no control over filming. I guess we'll have to be patient a little longer - we should be masters of being patient by now!!!

Thanks, Cardie :D:D Considering we've only been to the Five Bells 3 times now, I think we did pretty well despite my OH's insistence on not looking at the directions I'd printed out! The diet went on a bit of a holiday as I succumbed to a Five Bells burger and Mars Bar Cheesecake (yes, really!) - sweet, creamy and tbh one of those desserts you regret eating afterwards but hopefully not too much damage done.

On to High Barn - if you go there directly, it's quite straightforward from where we live, but it's a totally different story going from the Five Bells! I thought I was following Sam, though it turned out to be Lesley (claret_n_white from Twitter) who fortunately knew the way through the narrow Essex lanes. What a pleasant surprise it was to see Daddy Cardle at High Barn as well! We're definitely on the recognisable list now and got another hug as we went through to the marquee where Ben, Ali and Lorenzo were going to be playing. It was a really good set - I love the camaraderie between them as they performed. Great video from Cardie of Stone Cold and if you like blues inspired music, then definitely head to bensmithguitar.com for more treats.

Most of us moved out of the marquee although there was another act performing - I was going to get a drink but the barn was closed while they did the sound checks etc for the evening so we just stopped and chatted happily with Ali and Paul until we could go in and get warm again. They definitely liked the book!

I think we were all in agreement about the 5 evening acts - first guy was OK and I had a little squee moment when he said he was doing Dire Straits Walk of Life but it was never going to be a patch on Mark Knopfler! I really enjoyed the 2nd and 3rd acts - Ady Johnson and Robert Castellani - and bought both their CDs. Robert's guitar technique is fascinating to behold. I don't want to dwell on the 4th act which was quite bizarre, self-indulgent rubbish where you could hardly hear the electric guitar because of the keyboard guy and backing track. I'll leave it to Sam for the hilarious comparison ;):p. The last act, Sarah McQuaid, was OK - quite a deep tone for a female voice but it was a bit too folksy and Elizabethan madrigal inspired for my taste. And then, yes, she did First Time for an encore!! It was performed totally differently but, for me, Matt's version will never be surpassed.

Suffice to say, it will definitely not be our last visit to High Barn. Sadly I can't be there on 30th June as I will literally be in the air on a flight back from our holiday that evening so I will continue to pray that it's not a one-off and the demand for tickets will encourage Matt and Ali to do it again.

What a nice read there.That girl is very brave to do FT there
    in Matt's territory.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SAMofBEV wrote: »
    Hi all!!

Why is it I need to pop in here? Whats going on???? :confused::confused:

Fab day yesterday!! It was so lovely to see everyone! I haven't really got anything to add about the acts, except that the freaky duo were just that! Freaky!! I got the giggles coz it reminded me off Ross from Friends playing on his keyboard. Basically it was pants!

Paul did indeed love the book and it was so great of him to point out the picture of me in the big pants to Ali. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ali got his hands on it too and read the bit about me running away from him at Hammersmith. :o:o:o

Ahi hi hi hi
  • LinseyapLinseyap Posts: 5,748
    Forum Member
    DenJ wrote: »
    I also remember Matt saying that he would wait until album No.2 before he headed to the USA. I know that Cher, ID and Rebecca have already been there but maybe Matt felt that he needed more time. Him writing over there now is hopefully a good sign that he'll be back over there later in the year. He may even go back there to record some of the album.

I think that's sensible. I'm sure 1D and Cher are having the time of their lives but it must be very overwhelming, especially so young.

SQUEEEEEE! Baby Cardles!!! He'll have to come home now to change a few nappies lol! :D:D:D:D

Aaaw, congrats to them! I'd love to see Matt change a nappy :p
    I don't know any uncles that do that! Above and beyond the call of duty except in emergencies I believe.

I bet Grandma will be over the moon to have a girl to spoil at last.

He already has a niece called Grace, she must be with one of his 'adopted' brothers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Country music - when it's good it's amazing. A lot is pretty embarrassing and twee and totally meh. But I actually understand what Mark is saying - the tones in Matt's voice totally lend themselves to American style folk/country music and if he went to the Grand Ole Oprey and did Jolene and other music in that vein, he would go down a storm. It is an amazing market to break if you can, as it is the most supported genre in the US. If Matt could break into that he would be financially sorted for life. Whether he wants to, that is another matter - but if Chris Destaphano is into that, then maybe Matt is willing to try. I get the feeling that this trip to L.A. is totally about experimenting with sounds. He could take on some country influences without actually producing an out and out country sound. I just find that side of what he is up to currently, really interesting and exciting - he isn't standing still musically, he is being an artist that is looking to grow and develop.

Maybe in the future Matt's destination of visit is Nashville then.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to intrude on your thread but do any of you think that David Julian a contestant on The Voice sounds alot like Matt Cardle when he sings? I think he does and I am hoping he will win it.

By the way I am a fan of Matt Cardle.

Hello,that guys falsetto is weak compared to MC,but good luck to him ,he might win it.

Mine's favorite from the other side of the pond is him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OPfe4qGOqo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD2N6eAGxQQ
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    megamatt wrote: »
    Maybe in the future Matt's destination of visit is Nashville then.

Stefano ;):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Radio 1 are counting down the Top 150 bestselling singles of the millennium... WWC is at no. 24 :)

YES i think it will continue to move up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mcsenne wrote: »
    hello.... may i be part of the thread ? im a Matt Cardle fan... :)

Hello and welcome "bem-vinda".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mitacond wrote: »
    Visit to the Guitar Festival at Highbarn where Matt and Ali will be performing on 30th of June.
    I won’t be mentioning all those things from Cardie and Cats reports just those little things that were slightly different.
    Well here is my report on yesterday’s trip to to 5 Bells and eventually Highbarn Guitar Festival. . I to thank Cat for organising and booking all.;) :)

I am not going to discuss getting there with OH……. SATNAV worked but took us through the back doubles:eek: and we arrived at the same time as SAM and Ped. SAM, bless her, helped me into the pub., we all kissed and hugged, there were a few peeps I had not met, but most I had met before. Cat and I had our OH’s with us I wonder what they thought of us. We chatted ate and our delicious lunches and were then ready for the reason we had made the journey Highbarn.;)
    The convoy of cars wended its way to Highbarn…………I must explain that my balance by the time I reached Highbarn was almost non-existent; :eek::D we all went into in through Highbarn door and the magic began. I went in not knowing what to expect …….Kate Bullen came up smiling said hello gave me a hug and kiss and then Mr Cardle senior recognized me and did the same; I bent over to where Pippa was sitting and we kissed and hugged; they asked us to go out to the Marquee as that was where Ali, Lorenzo and Ben were performing.;)
    OMG!!!!! we OH and I joined all of the others and sat down in the front row to listen to the session that Ali, Ben, and Lorenzo were playing. What a treat we were in for; I was tapping my feet I could see Cat others doing the same while others were filming the whole (we forgot our camera however was able to get a few shots of the guys in the Marquee. OH sat there with a smile written across his face he absolutely loved .them. After they had finished OH in his usually manner went up and introduced himself first of all to Ali and Lorenzo who he had met in Inverness, Lorenzo made a remark about Inverness I won’t repeat on here. We then all went outside, we could not enter the main building as they said they were still doing sound checks. it was very cold by this time we were outside talking to the other performers Ben Smith who was part of the trio he was so pleased that people liked his work bless. OH asked Ali about his ‘drum’ it seems that Ali and OH have a very similar sense of humour we laughed. Then the thing was passed over and it was a laugh that’s for sure …..I will say no more lol. I have pictures of the guys performing in the Marquee.
    Now we were in for a treat; at around 7.00 we all moved into the lovely warm main Highbarn for the night performance and were able to get hot drinks and snippets before it began. This building is truly something to see this t is the second time I have been there and it’s just beautiful. OH and I sat in the front row again drinking relaxing.
    It was a really good show; there 5 acts - when the first artist mentioned Dire Straits Walk of Life OH who had already been sitting there with a smile across his face was thrilled. We all really enjoyed the 2nd and 3rd acts - Robert's guitar technique is absolutely sublime, the 4th act was perhaps slightly bizarre keyboard and electric guitar thing was one could hardly hear the guitar. I'll leave it to The last act, Sarah McQuaid, was OK - quite a deep tone for a female voice not my to my taste however OH loved it. Oh and she sang First Time it just did not have the same emotion as when Matt performs it.
    Kate said she was amazed at the amount of people who had already entered the lottery for the Matt and Ali performance and that it’s that they had received some interesting request as to how many might be allowed per lottery vote. Kate also said prior to Matt singing FT she had never really like the song and I said I know, Kate and I when we first met said at the same time ‘It’s the voice’.Kate showed us the studios where they record I am sure that none of the other guest get the guided tours that our group do.;)
    SAM Gobstoppers……………..lol when Ali unwrapped that gobstopper I was in hysterics.
    Suffice to say it was well worth the journey OH absolutely loved it and I know it won’t be our last visit to Highbarn.;)

Very good that you and your husband enjoyed it Mita.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goodnight all you lovely people in the uk, time to finish this song and get a few blue moons in me : ) xx

:)

Hmmn is that a beer? My first thought was blue balls ..ehek:eek: ..sorry
  • CardlescardieCardlescardie Posts: 4,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    megamatt wrote: »
    Hmmn is that a beer? My first thought was blue balls ..ehek:eek: ..sorry

Beer it is!

http://www.appellationwines.co.uk/images/products/bluemoon2.jpg
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bluecandy5 wrote: »
    Oh god, you cant say that just before I go to work :eek::eek:
    *Gulp* Just in his CK's eh :o

I did that in purpose this morning ,thinking how stressful it was in the work place plus the pressure ,so this might help to shift a bit the mind into something different :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks, never tried that one .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it certainly did the trick! Matt got way more retweets than he has for a long time :p:D

Really ? did not spy twitter in a very long time . If everyone let Will knows it, he might sneak/steal shots Matt from time to time .(not fully naked of course,i dont like to see that)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Who fathered that girl,
    Is it Dom or one of his foster brothers?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hmmnn, but he will undress Matt and tuck him to bed later:D
    So :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See you all soon,the sun is out so need to rush outside to have some of it.
This discussion has been closed.