Lil Louis - French Kiss - play it all the way through

;)

Ha ok ill try :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lil Louis - French Kiss - play it all the way through

;)

oh my are my pants supposed to feel tighter :eek::o;)
  • CoreenBaconskinCoreenBaconskin Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ha ha - It was one of those songs you turned right down when your parents came into the room

I feel like Im corrupting you Josh - listen to jivebunny instead!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha ha - It was one of those songs you turned right down when your parents came into the room

I feel like Im corrupting you Josh - listen to jivebunny instead!

lol nah you aint corrupting me im already filth...as people who know me may know ;) i do have dirt in the mind :P

Your forgetting that I am a Madonna fan and Justify My Love is just dope not to mention the Erotica album (my second fave of all time) not to mention how much i dig Prince. PLUS i must say the French Kiss song there i am replaying (;) ) erm kinda reminds me of Donna Summers Love To Love You Baby orgasmic....the only thing is there you pop and climax and then go about your business happier afterwards ;)

as for Jivebunny i have no idea whether i should or shouldnt listen to it with all the gretness coming (literally!) out of 1989 i dont wanna mess it up lol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phew - glad to hear it - Im a huge Prince fan too - Darling Nikki was another one of those songs that you heard for the first time and thought - "What - what did he just say!!!"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Paul McCartney's Flowers on the Dirt was a good'un from 1989:
    My Brave Face
    Distractions
    This One
    Figure of Eight
    Put It There
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phew - glad to hear it - Im a huge Prince fan too - Darling Nikki was another one of those songs that you heard for the first time and thought - "What - what did he just say!!!"

mmm yes how i know ;) fap fap much??? XD
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ha ha - and much more shocking in the 80s!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ha ha - and much more shocking in the 80s!

yeh ill bet it is...then again some of it may be able to shock in todays 1Direction.Bieber dominated wold (when did this happen and how did we let it??):mad:
  • tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, 1989 was a good year for music. Kylie Minogue 'Hand on Your Heart', Black Box 'Ride On Time', Soul II Soul with their two big hits 'Keep On Movin' and 'Back To Life', plus Inner City with 'Good Life'.

Watching clips from 1989 of artists performing on TOTP on YouTube is great too.

One track that was huge back in 1989, I think you will agree was Sydney Youngblood with 'If Only I Could'.

That song is a favourite of mine. I love it so much. :cool: I've got this song on a couple of compilation CDs. I so love to listen to it on YouTube a lot. Especially this extended mix:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggtAtiXWGnI

If you skip to 2mins 12 secs then the song gets going better and sounds more like the single edit. I hope this gives you a lot of listening pleasure, as it does me.

Another song that was out in 1989 was Mandy Smith's version of the Human League's 'Don't You Want Me'. I think it's a great version. Does sound a lot like it's had the Stock, Aitken and Waterman treatment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL9UNdpZNlo

What do you think of this version? Is it as good as the 1981 original, or the same as? I'd love to know people's views. As long as they're not negative or nasty, though. I won't tolerate people saying nasty things in their comments about what I have to say on DS. I would just click on the 'alert' bit, then they could, have their privilige of commenting on here taken away for a while.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tiggerpooh wrote: »
    Another song that was out in 1989 was Mandy Smith's version of the Human League's 'Don't You Want Me'. I think it's a great version. Does sound a lot like it's had the Stock, Aitken and Waterman treatment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL9UNdpZNlo

What do you think of this version? Is it as good as the 1981 original, or the same as? I'd love to know people's views. As long as they're not negative or nasty, though. I won't tolerate people saying nasty things in their comments about what I have to say on DS. I would just click on the 'alert' bit, then they could, have their privilige of commenting on here taken away for a while.

Last sentence from Joseph Conrad's - Heart of Darkness
    The horror! The horror! The horror

But good on her she seems to found a life after Bill Wyman
  • mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually have no idea who Jive Bunny is....nor should i think i should need to lol.

really?... the biggest selling singles artist of the year?... :D

pure crap m8, pure crap. (jive bunny that is!)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    really?... the biggest selling singles artist of the year?... :D

pure crap m8, pure crap. (jive bunny that is!)

well sorry for being a sperm then! :mad:;) hehe!

I wont bother then i wont aint what i adore from 1989 with that lol!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    a very well written account of your fav year.... fair play :)

personally though it was one of my least fav years ever... :p:D

Agreed. 88 & 89 was dominated by bloody Stock Aitken & Waterman
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Tbh its pretty easy to look past it when you have such brilliant albums and artists around as posted by myself and other posters on here too :)

But then again i didnt "live" the trauma of S/A/W so therefore id find it easier.

But for me definitely music overall had the strongest output for me and provided me with my all time favourite albums, videos, singles etc...amazing!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God yeah - the year of Jason Donovan and Sonia - what were the great British record buying public thinking!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God yeah - the year of Jason Donovan and Sonia - what were the great British record buying public thinking!

lol such variation indeed....man yeh i read DOnovan was the biggest selling album of 1989 FFS :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theshane wrote: »
    The Prince Batman soundtrack was the first Prince album I ever got. In comparison to his earlier stuff its pretty weak, but summer '89 was all about Batman.
    That Bat symbol was everywhere and on everything that summer.
    I remember going in holiday to that London that summer and buying the Batman soundtrack and The Miracle by Queen on cassette and thinking they were the best things ever.
    I've bought neither on CD and no longer have a tape player. I think that's telling.
    Although I now have the urge to hear Arms of Orion now.

Arms of Orion? Who are they? :confused: Never heard of them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This single 'You'll Never Stop Me From Loving You' by Sonia is one of my all-time favourite dance tracks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4gQC-AqxWI

It has something that appeals to me. Maybe the S/A/W drum beat that seems to feature in a lot of Pete Waterman's 80s productions.

I know that Bananarama used it in their songs that they had out in '87 with Wow! and Rick Astley had a similar drum beat with Together Forever and so on. So did early Kylie.

This is the French and Saunders sketch of Dawn playing Sonia. It's so funny. She does a parody of Listen To Your Heart. It is included on the complete series 1-6 box set of F&S, which I've got.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ndl7WhpIKM

One last thing, This is French and Saunders as Bros. That's included in the boxset too. They were big in 1988 & 89.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDiZ8D7Y06M

You can just about tell Jen is on the right playing Luke with the give-away eyes, but you can't really tell it's Dawn under the make-up. Obviously it is.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tiggerpooh wrote: »
    Arms of Orion? Who are they? :confused: Never heard of them.

that was one of the songs from prince`s batman soundtrack, a duet with sheena easton, if i remember correctly. i have to lol at you single-handedly turning this into a saw thread, despite the op`s obvious lack of interest in their music.:o
  • mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

... only they didnt really...

they seldom had more then 3 tracks in the chart, often 1 or 2. they appeared to dominate because they did occupy the top or near top spot with very samish sounding music. in reality though other styles were far more popular going on chart placings... indie for eg occupied 1/3rd of chart placings 87-89, far far more then s/a/w.
  • Apollo CreedApollo Creed Posts: 998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My top 10 albums of 89

1.Doolittle-Pixies
    2.Paul's Boutique- Beastie Boys
    3.3ft High and Rising-De La Soul
    4.Floating Into The Night-Julee Cruise
    5.The Sensual World-Kate Bush
    6.Me and a Monkey on the Moon-Felt
    7.Disintegration-The Cure
    8.Word Power-Divine Styler
    9.Technique-New Order
    10.Oh Mercy-Bob Dylan
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    that was one of the songs from prince`s batman soundtrack, a duet with sheena easton, if i remember correctly. i have to lol at you single-handedly turning this into a saw thread, despite the op`s obvious lack of interest in their music.:o

I just love the SAW music. :) I've got a 2 disc greatest hits of Rick Astley from Music Club Deluxe and the 2000 compilation The Hit Factory: Pete Waterman's Greatest Hits.

Also I bought the recent Bananarama album celebrating 30 years of their music. It includes a DVD of their videos. My favourite Bananarama track is Love, Truth and Honesty. It's great to listen to on headphones. :D The video's excellent too. I quite like Siobhan's replacement. Shame she was only in the group for 3 years. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d2_QtMXJus

Before you watch this, I would recommend a good pair of headphones. It's well worth it, believe me!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    found Madonnas original writing for Like A Prayer (song) when in the studio in 1988.....always love it when i see what will become of the art...history in the making :cool:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/12027_546031808754683_411840067_n.jpg

And Neneh Cherry arrived today.....will blast Raw Like Sushi tomorrow...cannot wait.....addicted to her now :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neneh Cherry on BLAST MASTERPIECE album man i love it...SOul II Soul arrived too :D ah man epic album!!!! Yup two new additions for my all time favourites cannot believe it took me so so long to get them...better late than never, perfect albums :cool: