Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It'll be interesting to see how the show works without Martin
  • Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,417
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    It'll be interesting to see how the show works without Martin

Who knows, Saga might do a courtesy visit to see Martin in prison so we still might get to see him even if only for a short while.
  • Options
    WoodentopWoodentop Posts: 3,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clearing space in my planner. Can't wait for the delights that Saga will perform, seems she is to release a great of contained emotions. Just hope Kim Bodnia can overcome his pride and irrelevant of this series success, a return of the partnership would be bliss.
  • Options
    saralundsaralund Posts: 3,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope the theme song is still Hollow Talk by Choir of Young Believers. It's always made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. It's completely different music in the trailers.
  • Options
    MrQuikeMrQuike Posts: 18,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    saralund wrote: »
    I hope the theme song is still Hollow Talk by Choir of Young Believers. It's always made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. It's completely different music in the trailers.

Seconded.
  • Options
    snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Excellent track isn't it, I've got it on my iPod, I hope they haven't changed it as well. Anyway looking forward to the new series tomorrow, two hours of quality TV on a Saturday night right up to Christmas. :)
  • Options
    frangipanefrangipane Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is the same theme. Thread title should be Bron ||| Broen.
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes, I'd prefer to keep the old music. I did enjoy the trailer with Johnny Cash's cover of "Hurt" though:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It definitely is the same theme. Was on YouTube earlier and watched a longer trailer. Went out the room and the next video automatically started. It was DR channel episode 1 of season 3. I sat and watched the first 20 mins with Danish subtitles out of intrigue and Saga is her old self from the off. Decided not to continue and spoil the pleasure of tomorrow evening and switched off.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well peeps...

only...

one more...

"sleep"

WTF - what's happened to the sleep smilie?
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »
    Yes, I'd prefer to keep the old music. I did enjoy the trailer with Johnny Cash's cover of "Hurt" though:)

I was trying to remember what the music was in that shorter trailer :D
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is the highlight of my TV year!
  • Options
    KleistKleist Posts: 141
    Forum Member
    Is it going to be on iPlayer?
  • Options
    WhoAteMeDinnerWhoAteMeDinner Posts: 4,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am a tad concerned as I loved the two series so far. Never liked The Killing at all, could not get the hype around it. The relationship between alpha-male midlife disaster zone Martin and Saga was the core of the plot for me.

So maybe the autistic blonde busts Martin out of the Big House in the opening episode tonight, otherwise we could be disappointed. As Jens acts more like a plank of wood to Saga's block of ice instead of Martin's interpreting of the world for her. The theme tune is indeed sublime.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reminder. Series Link has been set. I'm usually busy on a Saturday night but this is perfect TV for a cold and wet Sunday morning.
  • Options
    donna255donna255 Posts: 10,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What happened to Martin? I can't remember; we see him being taken away in the trailer but what did he do?

The actor who played Martin had a disagreement with the writers and producer. He thought he should stay in prison and help from there, with Saga visiting for advise. The writers wanted him out and working with Saga as normal. So he walked out.
  • Options
    the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So maybe the autistic blonde busts Martin out of the Big House in the opening episode tonight, otherwise we could be disappointed.

I haven't seen series 3 so this isn't a spoiler but I reckon you're going to be disappointed. Kim Bodnia didn't even sign up to series 3 due to some kind of annoyance with the writers (IIRC) so wouldn't have thought the above is likely to happen.

I'm sure the theme tune will be the same even though they've used different music for the trailer - many shows do that.

And to the person who asked if it was going to be on the iplayer - the last two series were.
  • Options
    xendesktopxendesktop Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The music is the same, yes.

Watching at Swedish pace myself. Spend a lot of time in Scandinavia so this is a real treat.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nicolas Bro who played the government minister in season 2 of the Killing is in this
  • Options
    The NetThe Net Posts: 5,494
    Forum Member
    Whilst I am looking forward to 9pm this evening, the Bridge for me is the best thing on TV since the early Breaking Bads, I don't think it will be the same without Martin.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sofia Helin has said this had to be this way for this season, but what happens when Martin is eventually released, when asked if Kim Bodnia could return in another season.
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very similar opener to that French thing on C4 recently, Hostages?
  • Options
    toofasttoofast Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really yearn to move the Scandinavia when watching this!
    What a shame Kim is not in this one, but looks like they gave for her a challenging new partner.
  • Options
    Another POVAnother POV Posts: 2,214
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only the second episode, and already we have one bomb victim, and a gay friendly priest bumped off. :o

At this rate it'll only be Saga alive by the end.