The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 45)

Comments

• rosetta12rosetta12 Posts: 4,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given he only sings for about 2 thirds of the song, if they cut him any more it'll be verging on Nocturne territory. ;)
    Nothing wrong with Nocturne territory ;)
    In other news, why couldn't my mother have crossed her legs til June- it's my birthday tomorrow and we're in the middle of another blizzard!
    You are having a blizzard? :eek:
    We are, once again, but I thought UK would be safe from blizzards... I'll be there next week (can't wait!) and was looking forward to escaping from the snow!!!
  • BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosetta12 wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with Nocturne territory ;)

You are having a blizzard? :eek:
    We are, once again, but I thought UK would be safe from blizzards... I'll be there next week (can't wait!) and was looking forward to escaping from the snow!!!

Wow, really?! What are you up to? PM me if it's secret ;)

And don't listen to 21CB, we're going to have a little bit more snow, followed by a bit of rain - you'll be fine!
  • penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Greek songs tomorrow 11.30

Koza Mostra – Alcohol is free

Aggeliki Iliadi - Hilies kai Mia Nyhtes (1001 Nights)

Alex Leon and Tzortzina - Angel

Thomai Apergi – One last kiss
  • rosetta12rosetta12 Posts: 4,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBAnne wrote: »
    Wow, really?! What are you up to? PM me if it's secret ;)

And don't listen to 21CB, we're going to have a little bit more snow, followed by a bit of rain - you'll be fine!
    No, it's not a secret - just having a long weekend in London with my best friend, planning some fun (shopping & 4-day version of girls' night out), check some of my old haunts etc. :) Can't tell you how much I need a break (and my friend too, she's just got over a serious illness)!

According to the weather forecast sites it should be about 10 degrees warmer over there next week than here (+5 C against our -5), so indeed it sounds like we'll be fine ;)
    Koza Mostra – Alcohol is free
    That sounds like my favourite already! :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    Spain:

All very typical of El Sueño de Morfeo. None of them really standing out, but definitely feeling Atrévete. Would be nice to see that on stage in May.
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    loving the Spanish songs :)
  • contejascontejas Posts: 8,958
    Forum Member
    I would have paid money to see people's first reaction to this online in 2007... :D:D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS6BsMsa2-c
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    Completely OT, but do you think we'll ever get Poland back?

I was watching a video on YouTube of every one of their entries from 2000-2011 and they seemed to send some good songs that were ruined by poor staging/ poor vocals.

They had the chance to include this in the NF but rejected it in 2011- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab0CcXBtTG4

That would really have been something!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    They had the chance to include this in the NF but rejected it in 2011- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab0CcXBtTG4

That would really have been something!

Wow, I agree, that would have been awesome!
    And not only would it have been a strong, dramatic song that stood out from anything else in 2011, there would have been zero chance of them dressing up like cheap strippers and singing badly out of tune!
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    globbits wrote: »
    Wow, I agree, that would have been awesome!
    And not only would it have been a strong, dramatic song that stood out from anything else in 2011, there would have been zero chance of them dressing up like cheap strippers and singing badly out of tune!

That would have been a much more dynamic start to SF1- but it didn't even make the National Final!

Magdalena just fell to pieces- I'm sure they didn't want to qualify. I can't believe their last finalist was Isis OMGee!
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Irish NF songs will be revealed on Thursday:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm looks from escforum a snippet of the Georgian entry was played on their news.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    Irish NF songs will be revealed on Thursday:D

It's getting full on as pretty much only Sundays remain empty for news or releases now :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have now got home and listened to the Spanish songs, and agree with pretty much all of you - Atrévete sounds like a winner (of their NF!) to me

rosetta12 wrote: »
    No, it's not a secret - just having a long weekend in London with my best friend, planning some fun (shopping & 4-day version of girls' night out), check some of my old haunts etc. :) Can't tell you how much I need a break (and my friend too, she's just got over a serious illness)!

Really nice to have girlie weekend rosetta, hope you and your friend have a blast! Nice to hear she's recovering too :)

I'm taking my lad to London in a couple of weeks, our usual February half term jaunt to see the sights :)
    Forum Member
    contejas wrote: »
    I would have paid money to see people's first reaction to this online in 2007... :D:D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS6BsMsa2-c

It's like Hello From Mars on meth.
    Forum Member
    9ct mould wrote: »
    It's like Hello From Mars on meth.

:D:D:D Mouldy I've missed you...;)

It came 4th on the televote -- the juries nowhere near that...:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No one has said much about Annsofi's chances on Saturday - there's a chance that Rybak might join her on stage for the twiddly fiddly bits
    Forum Member
    :D:D:D Mouldy I've missed you...;)

It came 4th on the televote -- the juries nowhere near that...:D

I fly in and out... I'll be back for Martina in April though ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    9ct mould wrote: »
    I fly in and out... I'll be back for Martina in April though ;)

You'd better had! You're the founder :)
    Forum Member
    No one has said much about Annsofi's chances on Saturday - there's a chance that Rybak might join her on stage for the twiddly fiddly bits

God -- I hope not -- hasn't Norway lost it's love affair with the fiddler yet...:rolleyes:

Think it will be a duke em out with the three 1st places and possibly (wishful thinking) Sirkus! -- I'm hoping the bunnies will sway the tweens...;)

Although itunes suggest Bombo has the momentum right now...BOO!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm looks from escforum a snippet of the Georgian entry was played on their news.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjLEWViOh-4&feature=youtu.be
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God -- I hope not -- hasn't Norway lost it's love affair with the fiddler yet...:rolleyes:

Think it will be a duke em out with the three 1st places and possibly (wishful thinking) Sirkus!

Although itunes suest Bombo has the momentum right now...BOO!

I found out last night that having Bombo as the last track playing before bedtime is a BIG MISTAKE! Bloody thing was tripping round my brain all night ... :mad:
    Forum Member
    I found out last night that having Bombo as the last track playing before bedtime is a BIG MISTAKE! Bloody thing was tripping round my brain all night ... :mad:

Tom Hugo would have been perfect for you last night...;) :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I hope they were deliberately missing out the bit where it turns into massive foot stomper

And Nodi has a face for radio doesn't he?
  • kvnkvn Posts: 8,782
    Forum Member

Think it will be a duke em out with the three 1st places and possibly (wishful thinking) Sirkus! -- I'm hoping the bunnies will sway the tweens...;)

Although itunes suggest Bombo has the momentum right now...BOO!

Been watching that all week, she's closing in on number one :eek:! Trying not to get too excited :o
This discussion has been closed.