Options

Broadchurch - ITV Drama Series (Part 2)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,838
Administrator
fizzle90 wrote: »
As someone else pointed out, I'm a bit apprehensive that all the loose ends will be tied up and the reveal will be everything we expect it to be - after all we only have 2 episodes left and the way the story seems to have been dragged out over the last 6 episodes it just feels like the final two are going to be rushed. I hope not, but I can't see how they are going to be able to tie up all the loose ends plus the reveal and possibly the aftermath in just the final two.

I'm also worried that the reveal won't live up to our expectations after reading all these amazing theories :( I really hope it does though
    Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1797469

Comments

• Options
      fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
      Forum Member
      Woohoo Part 2! :D
    • Options
      WelshNigeWelshNige Posts: 4,807
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Bearing in mind the show's penchant for dramatic slow motion scenes, I think that's exactly what will happen, each of the main characters will be shown in slow motion flashback showing exactly what they were doing on the night Danny died, culminating in the murder itself.

I also think the show might end with the death of Hardy.....
    • Options
      AmethyztAmethyzt Posts: 4,383
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Aaahhh.......... I thought we had been closed down for one moment !!

Was just trying to reply to Bella Rosa, the bit about Beth saying to the Vicar that her pregnancy was * complicated*

I find that a very odd choice of word. The obvious interpretation was that the father was not Mark, but now that Beth seems to have made it clear that Mark is the father, then why is it complicated ?

I could understand her saying this is not good timing, because of Danny, but complicated to me implies someone else being involved ? or Beth having decided to leave Mark ? which didnt seem to be something she had in mind
    • Options
      Forum Member
      WelshNige wrote: »
      Bearing in mind the show's penchant for dramatic slow motion scenes, I think that's exactly what will happen, each of the main characters will be shown in slow motion flashback showing exactly what they were doing on the night Danny died, culminating in the murder itself.

I also think the show might end with the death of Hardy.....

I think so too, at least I hope so. Re the death of Hardy, I don't know whether I think he will die at the end or maybe before the end, leaving Miller to solve the case herself and finally getting that promotion.

If Hardy dies though there's no possibility of a second series (with a fresh new crime) unless they cast someone else?
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Do hope you're right Nige, was what I said at end of Thread One, about a full flashback....

I also think Alec will either die at the end, or perhaps just leave Broadchurch, having solved the murder and restored his reputation, leaving Ellie to be promoted
    • Options
      TehanuTehanu Posts: 199
      Forum Member
      I am surprised that there does not seem to have been any follow-up on who owns the 'shack'. We know Susan cleans it and Mark fixes the pipes (or not). But who for, and why have they not been questioned?
    • Options
      BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,552
      Forum Member
      Amethyzt wrote: »
      Aaahhh.......... I thought we had been closed down for one moment !!

Was just trying to reply to Bella Rosa, the bit about Beth saying to the Vicar that her pregnancy was * complicated*

I find that a very odd choice of word. The obvious interpretation was that the father was not Mark, but now that Beth seems to have made it clear that Mark is the father, then why is it complicated ?

I could understand her saying this is not good timing, because of Danny, but complicated to me implies someone else being involved ? or Beth having decided to leave Mark ? which didnt seem to be something she had in mind

So did i as I hadn't finished replying :mad:

Anyhoo. if they did not want too many characters they could have said they were dead as it is weird that a grandson has been killed and they are not there?

Yep agree that was a weird this to say. I think she must be lying and it's not Marks.

I am now getting more into this and do feel it could have been a few weeks shorter.
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Just want to say what a great thread this has been, overwhelmingly positive about the show (seemingly a rarity on this forum these days), virtually no arguments/petty name calling etc, loads of excellent analysis/theories and, most of all, full of respectful, polite and funny posters.

Cheers everyone.:)
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Tehanu wrote: »
      I am surprised that there does not seem to have been any follow-up on who owns the 'shack'. We know Susan cleans it and Mark fixes the pipes (or not). But who for, and why have they not been questioned?

Anthony Ryan is the name of the owner of the beach hut, but that is all we know.
    • Options
      Andy-BAndy-B Posts: 6,800
      Forum Member
      As already suggested, he won't die; he'll just morph into Matt Smith.

Talking of which, that was a strange scene when the Doctor took DNA samples from Rory.
    • Options
      Forum Member
      Andy-B wrote: »

Talking of which, that was a strange scene when the Doctor took DNA samples from Rory.

:D

That was all wrong. I have had to have a swab taken and you have to do it yourself. Plus Alec touched it with his gloved hand and they come out of a sterlized container.
    • Options
      Forum Member
      Just want to say what a great thread this has been, overwhelmingly positive about the show (seemingly a rarity on this forum these days), virtually no arguments/petty name calling etc, some excellent analysis/theories and, most of all, full of respectful, polite and funny posters.

We can behave sometimes :o
    • Options
      MelodybearMelodybear Posts: 10,835
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Andy-B wrote: »

I thought so too..surely a police doctor would take samples. the gloves weren't close fitting latex ones either, they look like the free ones that come with hair dye:D
    • Options
      Forum Member
      Melodybear wrote: »
      I thought so too..surely a police doctor would take samples. the gloves weren't close fitting latex ones either, they look like the free ones that come with hair dye:D

Alec did mention to Ellie there were cutbacks :eek:
    • Options
      ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Someone mentioned that they thought it was weird that Jack had a big funeral and that no-one liked him and who paid for it etc

Maybe he paid for it himself ?
      I know my 93 year old Auntie has paid for hers for when the time comes.
    • Options
      CasmanaCasmana Posts: 1,861
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I was amazed to see again last night a pregnant woman jogging. Doesn't that harm the baby ?
    • Options
      Forum Member
      Just want to say what a great thread this has been, overwhelmingly positive about the show (seemingly a rarity on this forum these days), virtually no arguments/petty name calling etc, loads of excellent analysis/theories and, most of all, full of respectful, polite and funny posters.

I've got to agree. A truly positive thread that I've been looking forward to reading every single day since the programme started because I just know it's going to be full of brilliantly thought out theories and there's no chance of any arguments or nasty posters.

I was going to say how much I'm going to miss posting on this thread in two weeks' time - but I'm sure we will all still be here discussing it in weeks to come! :D
    • Options
      Andy-BAndy-B Posts: 6,800
      Forum Member
      You all seem to know far too much about having DNA samples taken ...
    • Options
      Forum Member
      Casmana wrote: »
      I was amazed to see again last night a pregnant woman jogging. Doesn't that harm the baby ?

I don't know about that but she doesn't mind knocking back the wine even though she's pregnant :mad:
    • Options
      RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      @ BellaRosa
      In that case it does seem odd that they haven't turned up yet. Perhaps they're waiting until Danny's buried.
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭

Absolutely, is lovely to have a thread with such a good atmosphere, and so many great thoughts :)
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      BellaRosa wrote: »
      Alec did mention to Ellie there were cutbacks :eek:

:D:D
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      One thing that another poster mentioned earlier but I don't think anyone's replied to, what do we you think Hardy was looking for after everyone had gone down the pub?

He seemed to be getting increasingly agitated as he picked up file after file. I wonder if he's lost some vital piece of evidence and is thinking that this could be Sandbrook all over again (bearing in mind the woman in the cafe said this happened in that case)....
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,704
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      fizzle90 wrote: »
      I don't know about that but she doesn't mind knocking back the wine even though she's pregnant :mad:

My husband and I noticed that, we were then surprised that she seems to plan to keep the baby. We assumed that she wouldnt be continuing the pregnancy what with her glugging down the wine.

Re jogging- its perfectly safe to jog/run when in first/second trimester of pregnancy (unless advised otherwise by your doc or midwife). She does go for it speed wise, but if it helps her destress then its a good thing as stress in a pregnancy is not good.
    • Options
      xendesktopxendesktop Posts: 526
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Casmana wrote: »

Not at all, provided you know your limits and aren't starting the activity from scratch during pregnancy or something silly.
    This discussion has been closed.