Humax Downloadable Manuals

AESMITHAESMITH Posts: 94
Forum Member
Hi,

Humax web site no longer seems to offer downloadable manuals even for current products. Actually there are no downloads of any sort at all now. Does anyone know a source for their manuals? I'm looking for the HDR-2000T user manual.

Thanks,
Tony S

Comments

• chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have found the odd Humax manual by sacrificing the requisite number of virgins on the altar of the great god Google. Though the results can be a bit random and no guarantees about the quality of the websites returned by a google search.

Real shame Humax don't have manuals on their website any more. before they revamped it a while ago you could find manuals for just about everything they ever made. But no longer for whatever reason.
  • tealadytealady Posts: 26,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you tried emailing them?
    uksupport@humaxonline.co.uk
  • mac2708mac2708 Posts: 3,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted
  • AESMITHAESMITH Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    tealady wrote: »
    Have you tried emailing them?
    uksupport@humaxonline.co.uk
    Yes, and I got a reply with the Fox-T2 manual but he said he couldn't lay his hands on the HDR-2000T manual.
  • tealadytealady Posts: 26,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They must have a paper copy they can post to you !
  • Luis EssexLuis Essex Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AESMITH wrote: »
    Yes, and I got a reply with the Fox-T2 manual but he said he couldn't lay his hands on the HDR-2000T manual.
    The HDR-FOX T2 has almost got the same user interface as the 2000T.
    The most obvious differences are with the remote. The 2000T has fewer buttons which for some missing buttons means that the functionality is not there (e.g. book marking, slow motion, sleep, PIP) and for other missing buttons means that it can be harder to get to the function (e.g. aspect ratio, HD format).

There are 2 versions of the 2000T manual. A new one has been produced that also covers the 1800T. I can't comment on the new one as I have not yet seen a copy. The old one is the usual initial draft and does not give the whole picture. E.g. The NTFS can write (slowly!) to external NTFS drives but the manual states that NTFS drives are read only. E.g. the 2000T manual does not make it obvious that the 2000T can cope with most of the 'freeview' IPTC channels E.g. it does not state what can be expected of the internet portal.
    Forum Member
    Just received the HDR-2000T manual, the file's called "UM_HDR-2000T_Ver100.pdf" with a modified date of 2010, although the copyright is marked 2013. I guess it's the first version, as there's no reference to the 1800T either.

I was surprised to see that both the Fox and the 2000T manuals say you can't copy video files to external storage, whereas all the stuff I've seen on reviews and forums suggests that both have that function.

Anyway I think I'm going to see if I can pick up a Fox-2T at a decent price, and have a go with the custom firmware.
  • Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was surprised to see that both the Fox and the 2000T manuals say you can't copy video files to external storage, whereas all the stuff I've seen on reviews and forums suggests that both have that function.
    What exactly does the manual say?
  • Max DemianMax Demian Posts: 1,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On Page 40, the FOX manual says:
    When a file is moved to a diferent storage, it will be copied. However, video recordings cannot be copied to other storages.
    This is bollocks as only HD recordings are restricted (due to encryption). (I don't know about recordings from encrypted channels as I don't have a CI card.)
    Forum Member
    That's the exact wording on the 2000T manual as well (page 34).

It looks like Humax has given up on downloadable manuals, because the Fox PDF manual (presumably older) is properly presented for viewing on the screen, with a nice title page etc. The 2000T PDF looks more like something prepared for submission to the printers, no title page and crop marks in the corners of the pages.