Options

HDR 2000T no server found

barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I like the idea of being able to access content from my PC (upstairs) to play on my TV (downstairs). I've turned networking on on the recorder and I've discovered that I can play video recorded on my Humax via my computer. The only trouble is that I can't do it the other way round. If ever I try to connect to my computer, the Humax tries for about a minute, then comes up with "No server found".

Is there anybody who knows a simple solution to this that doesn't involve any immensely complicated mucking about with my computer settings. I'm already baffled by the message that says "unable to create a Homegroup on this computer", although I'm not even sure that's part of the problem.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium.

Comments

• Options
    Max DemianMax Demian Posts: 1,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You need to have a DLNA server running on your PC.

I would suggest Windows Media Player which will already be installed.

Start it up and enable streaming.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tried it – no difference.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Martin,
    I went to the Help page and clicked on "Stream your media over the Internet using Windows Media Player". Through that, I'm currently installing Windows Live Essentials 2011, which is taking absolutely ages. I would have thought I already had it though, as I can see the Humax content on my PC, just not the other way round.

I did find it hard to make sense of the comments in those links (what on earth is a Twonky? :D ), but I'll see what happens when this finally finishes installing. If that doesn't work I'll re-set the router.

Failing that, I'll simply give up and transfer all the media content onto a back-up usb hard disk, which the Humax can recognise.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm now running Windows Live Essentials 2011 (surprisingly old?), which has replaced my previous version of Windows Live Mail with one that I don't like at all.

On the plus side, when I open Windows Media Player, I can now see the Humax in the server list, so things look promising - at least at the PC end, although I could do it this way round before the change.

I have to go out now but will try streaming from PC to Humax later on. If it doesn't work I will be reversing the change so that I can get back to my previous version of WLM.

p.s. There's a box above the sync list, with a big orange arrow saying "connect a device", yet there's no means to do so as it's a totally inactive area.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was a big mistake. I tried a system restore to get rid of Windows Live 2011 but it didn't work. Luckiiy I've managed to find the installer for the 2009 version and have put that back on. My Google search for it revealed that a great many people have done the same.