EE: Seriously, when will Ronnie grace us with her presence?

Natalie360Natalie360 Posts: 245
Forum Member
I just find it weird that they would wake her up, only to have her disappear straight after.

I know that Sam has been filming other projects and doing the panto season, but surely they film extra scenes, if they were able to do so for the flashback episode?

Maybe she's making an April return?

Comments

• curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read Sam is about to start filming Mount Pleasant so it could be a while yet
  • MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    Natalie360 wrote: »
    I just find it weird that they would wake her up, only to have her disappear straight after.

I know that Sam has been filming other projects and doing the panto season, but surely they film extra scenes, if they were able to do so for the flashback episode?

Maybe she's making an April return?

It should be any time now as it looks as though everything we're seeing on screen at the moment was filmed in 2015, and Phil & Alfie are returning from their breaks in the next few weeks too. I wouldn't be surprised if we get news of Ronnie's resurrection in the next set of spoilers actually.

The flashback episode was filmed in January when Sam had completed her Panto stint, but the rest of the anniversary was filmed before Christmas - when Sam was doing Panto. Sam said she didn't get scripts for her coma scenes, so I assume she'd come in to lie in bed at certain scheduled times that didn't conflict with her Panto work.
  • NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone mentioned that filming Mount Pleasant is only going to take a few weeks.

I assume she'll be back filming EE April-ish, not sure when those scenes would be shown.

If she has already filmed some more scenes in advance it's possible she could be in upcoming episodes, in character lists/spoilers.

Hopefully when Mount Pleasant has wrapped up shooting she sticks with EE for longer than 3-4 months. It's good that Samantha's getting other acting opportunities as it adds to the resumé and she won't be stuck with the soap opera label, but her presence on EE is really needed for a longer stretch. A lot is happening with the Mitchells this year and Ronnie needs to be there.
  • MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    Someone mentioned that filming Mount Pleasant is only going to take a few weeks.

I assume she'll be back filming EE April-ish, not sure when those scenes would be shown.

If she has already filmed some more scenes in advance it's possible she could be in upcoming episodes, in character lists/spoilers.

Hopefully when Mount Pleasant has wrapped up shooting she sticks with EE for longer than 3-4 months. It's good that Samantha's getting other acting opportunities as it adds to the resumé and she won't be stuck with the soap opera label, but her presence on EE is really needed for a longer stretch. A lot is happening with the Mitchells this year and Ronnie needs to be there.

She's filming with Mount Pleasant for three weeks this month and going straight back to EastEnders, so we won't be able to notice it on screen at all. And she's been back filming at EastEnders for a good two months now so we should be seeing her soon I reckon.
  • willowswillows Posts: 6,169
    Forum Member
    Hopefully there will be something in the next set of spoilers. It must be soon now
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    I miss Ronnie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really hope she's back soon.
  • Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do wish they left her in the coma. If sam continues with these breaks upon returning they need to consider axing/making sam consider quitting until she's ready to commit. Ronnie fans aren't happy, her character has been ruined with a that running away she did last year and it needs to be addressed.
  • Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do wish they left her in the coma. If sam continues with these breaks upon returning they need to consider axing/making sam consider quitting until she's ready to commit. Ronnie fans aren't happy, her character has been ruined with a that running away she did last year and it needs to be addressed.

she would be brain damaged if she was still in a coma
  • Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hank1234 wrote: »
    she would be brain damaged if she was still in a coma

That would be good for any actor to get involved in. Involves them a challenge ;)
  • liliroselilirose Posts: 10,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope soon. Her storyline has suffered from the long breaks and it is one of those storylines that could have kept things going after the anniversary.
    I hope that when she returns she will be in EE for a solid period. Her storyline has too much scope, and lots of angles to explore. Her recovery, her being a mother to Mathew, the intriguing relationship with Vincent.
    In fact this Roxy/Charlie tripe is the least interesting aspect of it. I hope they wrap that up swiftly instead of making it the focal point of Ronnie coming out of her coma.
  • MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    MrJames wrote: »
    It should be any time now as it looks as though everything we're seeing on screen at the moment was filmed in 2015, and Phil & Alfie are returning from their breaks in the next few weeks too. I wouldn't be surprised if we get news of Ronnie's resurrection in the next set of spoilers actually.

The flashback episode was filmed in January when Sam had completed her Panto stint, but the rest of the anniversary was filmed before Christmas - when Sam was doing Panto. Sam said she didn't get scripts for her coma scenes, so I assume she'd come in to lie in bed at certain scheduled times that didn't conflict with her Panto work.

Sam filmed all the bed scenes in one go for weeks in advance
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Queen Ron is never late, Queen Ron wakes up precisely when she means to.
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    She should be back from April until May, then she'll be going again. I wonder what excuse DTC will make for Ronnie this time? Ibiza, pregnancy, coma... hostage? :p
  • willowswillows Posts: 6,169
    Forum Member
    Firegazer wrote: »
    She should be back from April until May, then she'll be going again. I wonder what excuse DTC will make for Ronnie this time? Ibiza, pregnancy, coma... hostage? :p

or she might not go anywhere. They might just do a Denny ;)