EE: Great performance from Anna Acton

FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
Forum Member
I praise Anna's performance in tonight's EastEnders episode. She really outdid herself compared to her past work on the show and I hope we see more from her. Hopefully this won't be the end of Summerhayes as she has real potential on the show!

I think the storyline is nice too. Max and Emma genuinely liked each other. I don't share any hatred towards any of them and I think it's nice Max has found someone around his own age. :)

I do however think they will go down the route of killing her off in the new year. I can see her going down the route of many other characters who are killed off, where they get very emotionally unstable before they die to generate the viewers' sadness for them.

Comments

• Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a feeling she'll lose her job and then become a permanent fixture in the Branning house.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her and sort of warmed to the Max/Emma s/l.

She has been totally unprofessional though but would like to see become a regular but I doubt it.
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    I have a feeling she'll lose her job and then become a permanent fixture in the Branning house.

I can't help feeling they'll kill her off soon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    I have to admit I wasn't a huge fan of her before but tonight's episode made me warm to her. Anna Acton was good and I truly felt sympathy for Summerhayes, which surprised me.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I can't take to her. She reminds me of Laura Beale.
  • MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    I thought tonight was her best ever performance.
  • Al_StackAl_Stack Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    She has an annoyingly posh accent that I can't warm to.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's brilliant. She plays Emma so wonderfully that she tugs on my heartstrings the way she looks at EVERYONE with the eyes of a severely beaten puppy. Long may she continue.
  • RixionRixion Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed her in tonight's episode, as well as the cop Allison Newman is playing
  • lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find Emma really dull and uninteresting! She whines on so much, her and abi will get on haha...
  • attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found I warmed to her tonight too.
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    She's brilliant. She plays Emma so wonderfully that she tugs on my heartstrings the way she looks at EVERYONE with the eyes of a severely beaten puppy. Long may she continue.

The eyes are criminal I swear! Which is ironic :p
  • sunny daysunny day Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lou_123 wrote: »
    I find Emma really dull and uninteresting! She whines on so much, her and abi will get on haha...

I agree..she is so wet and drippy...
  • CriticFanCriticFan Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could tell by tonight's episode that they will most probably kill her off which is a shame.
    But having said that there is only so much of her I can take.
  • srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    I got the impression tonight that she might kill herself.
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Yeah I did really feel for her tonight. Props to the actress as at times it's been hard to try and root for such a weak-willed cop who inexplicably was powerless to Max's powers of making knickers drop within hours of meeting.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Firegazer wrote: »
    The eyes are criminal I swear! Which is ironic :p

:o:o:o

The Lovely Emma hasnt got a mean bone in her body. :)
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Possibly the worst copper ever to grace an electronically powered screen anywhere in the country. I can sleep a little safer tonight knowing she's suspended.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I disagree she should not have given Peter Beale and answer. She should have just walked away.
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been disappointed in her but I do like her with Max, maybe I,ll warm to her if she sticks around and has a proper relationship with Max instead of having two separate lifes.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her acting style is so hammy I can't deal with it.
  • Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Me too! Then she'll get a job on the Square doing something menial.
    Rixion wrote: »
    I enjoyed her in tonight's episode, as well as the cop Allison Newman is playing
    Keeble is very well played. Great actress.
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pink_Smurf wrote: »
    Me too! Then she'll get a job on the Square doing something menial.

Keeble is very well played. Great actress.

Stacey's left the car lot so there's a job going there with Max 😊
  • StubeStube Posts: 16,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I get the feeling she is going to commit suicide. Which will make the whole Lucy story even more tragic and will make Max feel even more guilty.
  • james_killroyjames_killroy Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anna isn't leaving. She is contracted until Christmas at least. Maybe she leaves then. Perhaps her exit is what triggers the curveball on News Years Day?