Options

To All The Anti Jim Forum Members - A Serious Question

RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
Forum Member
I'll start by saying this isn't me looking for an argument or trying to insult you I just genuinely want to ask a question.

Do you dislike Jim because of what you "Know" or "Have Read" about Jim before he entered Celebrity Big Brother?

One of the things that has always annoyed me is when people choose a favourite within the first 1-3 Days and then for the rest of the series have blind faith in that person and will not change what they feel regardless of how that HM behaves and will automatically dislike everyone else. :confused:

Also works for people deciding who to dislike from the start and not really changing their minds.

Kind of Like Gina and Dexter last year they had entertaining moments for like 2 weeks and then for me showed themselves as nasty people (Gina) or Bad Gameplayers (Dexter) but on this forum whenever you tried to make the case most Gina and Dexter fans responded with "QUEEN GINA" or "DEXTER TO WIN FTW". Of course this is my opinion but I was :confused:

I ask all this because I didn't like what id heard about Jim Davidson before this house and thought he would be evicted quickly. But all I have seen from Jim is him handling himself in a respectful manner. Walking away from potential arguments and dealing with the likes of Linda & Luisa constantly making snipes and taking digs at him EVERY day regardless of what he does.

As well as carrying himself well there have been some really funny comedic moments (Like Jim the Russian) to provide entertainment.

Yes he has asked Luisa things like would she never iron a shirt for a man but I 100% REFUSE to believe a REAL feminist would be bothered by that kind of thing. My wife to be is a feminist (Openly) and the things she is more concerned about is equal rights throughout the world to Education and same pay at jobs...not whether she has to iron a shirt (Which she does for me and I iron her clothes too :))

And as for The Frank Carson dressing room. Was it the smartest thing to say? No it wasn't. However that came after rant #327 by Linda at him and instead of him shouting the odds back all he did was play his trump card, I think a lot of people would have done a lot more in retaliation for a lot less. >:(

Im not here to say anyone who dislikes Jim is wrong or an idiot, im just not seeing why he has a lot of hate from some FM's unless it comes from pre conceptions of what you have ready or seen on reality TV without watching him live his life out 24/7

I just don't understand

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll start by saying this isn't me looking for an argument or trying to insult you I just genuinely want to ask a question.

Do you dislike Jim because of what you "Know" or "Have Read" about Jim before he entered Celebrity Big Brother?

One of the things that has always annoyed me is when people choose a favourite within the first 1-3 Days and then for the rest of the series have blind faith in that person and will not change what they feel regardless of how that HM behaves and will automatically dislike everyone else. :confused:

Also works for people deciding who to dislike from the start and not really changing their minds.

Kind of Like Gina and Dexter last year they had entertaining moments for like 2 weeks and then for me showed themselves as nasty people (Gina) or Bad Gameplayers (Dexter) but on this forum whenever you tried to make the case most Gina and Dexter fans responded with "QUEEN GINA" or "DEXTER TO WIN FTW". Of course this is my opinion but I was :confused:

I ask all this because I didn't like what id heard about Jim Davidson before this house and thought he would be evicted quickly. But all I have seen from Jim is him handling himself in a respectful manner. Walking away from potential arguments and dealing with the likes of Linda & Luisa constantly making snipes and taking digs at him EVERY day regardless of what he does.

As well as carrying himself well there have been some really funny comedic moments (Like Jim the Russian) to provide entertainment.

Yes he has asked Luisa things like would she never iron a shirt for a man but I 100% REFUSE to believe a REAL feminist would be bothered by that kind of thing. My wife to be is a feminist (Openly) and the things she is more concerned about is equal rights throughout the world to Education and same pay at jobs...not whether she has to iron a shirt (Which she does for me and I iron her clothes too :))

And as for The Frank Carson dressing room. Was it the smartest thing to say? No it wasn't. However that came after rant #327 by Linda at him and instead of him shouting the odds back all he did was play his trump card, I think a lot of people would have done a lot more in retaliation for a lot less. >:(

Im not here to say anyone who dislikes Jim is wrong or an idiot, im just not seeing why he has a lot of hate from some FM's unless it comes from pre conceptions of what you have ready or seen on reality TV without watching him live his life out 24/7

I just don't understand

Jim has come across well and Rylan has apparently confirmed that there are no nasty comments from Jim that have been left out = so we see once again it is the drip feed of Linda that has turned them against him but they are starting to wake up
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    He's a grumpy old git. Nothing to like about him as a housemate.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CLL Dodge wrote: »

Nadia was grumpy, didn't stop her winning BB5 (Arguably the biggest BB in terms of Media coverage)
  • Options
    jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had no illusions about Jim's past but I always judge people on how they are now - it is unhealthy to hold on dislike for so long IMO. He has shown no sign of what people have accused him of, homophobic, racist etc. Several times he has tried to talk to Linda but she is having none of it. I truly believe that people can and do change and that is what I see in Jim. He might be putting on an act, I just don't know but if he has then he has kept to it the whole time. I think his sarcasm is a little too ascerbic sometimes but he has also been very funny and has made me laugh. He has a very dry sense of humour which I know is not to everyone's taste. I think, with some, it is a case of "I have never liked him and have no intention of changing my mind". Sad, I know but some people are like that and cannot see past what happened in the past. Perhaps Linda is the same.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Wouldn't you be a grumpy old git if you had some harridan on your back 24/7 for 3 weeks, and another lippy little madam screaming for hours at night to keep you awake ? I know damned well that I would be !
  • Options
    PinkminxyPinkminxy Posts: 3,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't say I particularly like or dislike him. He's a difficult one for me. But any dislike I have for him is not because of his past. I actually find him petty and provoking and he reminds me of someone I know in my life who is similar in that respect so I think witnessing the same characteristics in Jim turns me off him.

My mum is the same way. She's said she's never known what to make of him throughout his career.

However, I didn't agree with his "frank Carson's dressing room" low blow. I have no time for Linda but in my mind bringing that up was just another attempt at being provoking and he didn't need to say what he did at all.
  • Options
    Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

succinct and to the point .
  • Options
    Jejade05Jejade05 Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    I think Jim is a real game player. He acted the martyr when the others were in the kennel by saying he wouldn't eat whilst they were in there. Not true to his word, he soon wolfed down the chilli and red wine. It's not the things I had read about him either but I actually saw how nasty the real Jim can be on another reality show, Hells Kitchen. The way he bullied Brian Dowling was hard to watch - reducing Brian to tears, calling him a 'shirt lifter' amongst other things. That was the REAL Jim. However, now he seems to know how to play the reality TV game and well done to him. But what we are seeing isn't Jim as I have seen him in the past.
  • Options
    humpty dumptyhumpty dumpty Posts: 4,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MIKKIL wrote: »
    Jim has come across well and Rylan has apparently confirmed that there are no nasty comments from Jim that have been left out = so we see once again it is the drip feed of Linda that has turned them against him but they are starting to wake up

Rylan also mentioned that we see Linda snapping at Jim but what we don't see are all the little incidents building up to her snapping. Practically every housemate has mentioned that hes a wind up merchant and can be insulting...I don't think they're all wrong. Linda has bitched, and the housemates are beginning to realise that shes becoming obsessive about it and coming across as bitter, but they've all said at one time that hes been stirring it too. Liz, Lionel, Jasmine all mentioned their dislike of him and his not so nice characteristics, none of them are under 'Lindas spell'.

I don't hate Jim, I'm just bewildered why he is the clear favourite to win. I've found him grumpy, a wind-up merchant (one line comments to rile people, then walks away making the person look idiotic if they answer back, but him the peacemaker and the better man for walking away when many times he started it with his innuendo and snide remarks in the first place) and the incident you describe as 'not being very smart' I would word as being deliberately as malicious as you can be. To deliberately bring up an incident from someones past, involving their dead husband because you know its the most humiliating thing for them that you can do isn't just being 'silly'...it showed how low he can go. Linda has wound him up and shes paying the price - she'll be voted out first and booed. I haven't liked what I saw of in there nearly enough to warm to him as a favourite, and judging by the fact that most people who know him well say hes holding back a lot, I doubt very much I'd like him outside of the house, but I'm going what I see of him in there.

The guy is clear favourite to win - I find that much more surprising than the fact there are some out there that don't like him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jejade05 wrote: »
    I think Jim is a real game player. He acted the martyr when the others were in the kennel by saying he wouldn't eat whilst they were in there. Not true to his word, he soon wolfed down the chilli and red wine. It's not the things I had read about him either but I actually saw how nasty the real Jim can be on another reality show, Hells Kitchen. The way he bullied Brian Dowling was hard to watch - reducing Brian to tears, calling him a 'shirt lifter' amongst other things. That was the REAL Jim. However, now he seems to know how to play the reality TV game and well done to him. But what we are seeing isn't Jim as I have seen him in the past.

I would retort that Dappy kept on at him to eat telling him that he had eaten "Slop" himself.

As for the other thing so the dislike is based upon his time in Hell's Kitchen? So it was already carried into the house?
  • Options
    morrisleemorrislee Posts: 1,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I wasn't sure what to expect ,but he reminds me of a lot of middle age men ,some i am fond of ..Grumpy ,bit of male chauvenism etc He has some lovely female supporters Linda lusardi for one .He cooks and washes up ..can't see that being sexist ?Linda has not let up on him at every chance ..like a wife who hates her husband now, and lets him know it 24 seven !I hate all this they are trying to get him to show his true self ..we all know about His past and his 5 wives ..he is no saint ..But he isn't the devil Incarnate ..Linda is portraying ?
  • Options
    cat's whiskascat's whiskas Posts: 877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I was indifferent to him before he went in, i never took much notice of him, and now I can't stand him. I think he's a complete tosser!

BTW, I can't stand Linda either!

As for the rest of your post tl:dr!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jejade05 wrote: »

Another one that doesn't watch properly. As for Hells Kitchen, he's been through therapy since then, but apparently he's not allowed to try and change according to some.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I was indifferent to him before he went in, i never took much notice of him, and now I can't stand him. I think he's a complete tosser!

BTW, I can't stand Linda either!

As for the rest of your post tl:dr!

Im not gonna lie im a 25 year old that refuses to use or acknowledge "txt speak" even in Text's. Im not having a go just explaining this follow up question.

What does tl:dr mean
  • Options
    cat's whiskascat's whiskas Posts: 877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im not gonna lie im a 25 year old that refuses to use or acknowledge "txt speak" even in Text's. Im not having a go just explaining this follow up question.

What does tl:dr mean

I thought that was forum speak not text speak? Anyway it means too long didn't read, sorry!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rylan also mentioned that we see Linda snapping at Jim but what we don't see are all the little incidents building up to her snapping. Practically every housemate has mentioned that hes a wind up merchant and can be insulting...I don't think they're all wrong. I don't hate Jim, I'm just bewildered why he is the clear favourite to win. I've found him grumpy, a wind-up merchant (one line comments to rile people, then walks away making the person look idiotic if they answer back) and the incident you describe as 'not being very smart' I would word as being deliberately as malicious as you can be. To deliberately bring up an incident from someones past, involving their dead husband because you know its the most humiliating thing for them that you can do isn't just being 'silly'...it showed how low he can go. Linda has wound him up and shes paying the price - she'll be voted out first and booed. I haven't liked what I saw of in there nearly enough to warm to him as a favourite, and judging by the fact that most people who know him well say hes holding back a lot, I doubt very much I'd like him outside of the house, but I'm going what I see of him in there.

The guy is clear favourite to win - I find that much more surprising than the fact there are some out there that don't like him.

But he DIDN'T bring it up first, SHE did, first on her entrance VT and then to others in the house in his hearing, neither did he mention her husband, SHE did.
  • Options
    teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He has had quite a few laughs. Don't forget, Linda is the real grumpy one. She's the only person I know who's mouth turns down when she laughs. She is only laughing when she is being nasty about someone, and now it's Dappy's turn. Just because he is Jim's friend in there she is turning her nastiness onto him.
  • Options
    snickypoosnickypoo Posts: 2,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sasparella wrote: »
    Wouldn't you be a grumpy old git if you had some harridan on your back 24/7 for 3 weeks, and another lippy little madam screaming for hours at night to keep you awake ? I know damned well that I would be !
    That made me laugh! she sounds about three when you describe her like that!:D Love the word harridan too! Is it medievil?
  • Options
    mz fitmz fit Posts: 1,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly didn't know much about him before he went in. I don't put any stock in celebrity and the only time I get any 'news' on them is when the people in my office chat about something. My point -- I didn't have any idea what happened to him last year, let alone many years ago.

I didn't actually really have much of an opinion on him the first few days. He hit my radar with the Frank Carson's Dressing Room hit. I thought at that point he'd been starting some of the PA winding up of the house...all part of the game. But then came that cruel cut. He wasn't even man enough to deliver it himself. Cruel. Calculated. Completely out of order.

That was the one thing that tipped him over the edge for me. I detest him for that and not a thing he might good will ever change that for me. I can admit he has had some funny moments. I'd like to think some of the times he's shown some emotion it's been sincere.
  • Options
    mz fitmz fit Posts: 1,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rylan also mentioned that we see Linda snapping at Jim but what we don't see are all the little incidents building up to her snapping. Practically every housemate has mentioned that hes a wind up merchant and can be insulting...I don't think they're all wrong. Linda has bitched, and the housemates are beginning to realise that shes becoming obsessive about it and coming across as bitter, but they've all said at one time that hes been stirring it too. Liz, Lionel, Jasmine all mentioned their dislike of him and his not so nice characteristics, none of them are under 'Lindas spell'.

I don't hate Jim, I'm just bewildered why he is the clear favourite to win. I've found him grumpy, a wind-up merchant (one line comments to rile people, then walks away making the person look idiotic if they answer back, but him the peacemaker and the better man for walking away when many times he started it with his innuendo and snide remarks in the first place) and the incident you describe as 'not being very smart' I would word as being deliberately as malicious as you can be. To deliberately bring up an incident from someones past, involving their dead husband because you know its the most humiliating thing for them that you can do isn't just being 'silly'...it showed how low he can go. Linda has wound him up and shes paying the price - she'll be voted out first and booed. I haven't liked what I saw of in there nearly enough to warm to him as a favourite, and judging by the fact that most people who know him well say hes holding back a lot, I doubt very much I'd like him outside of the house, but I'm going what I see of him in there.

Excellent post
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought that was forum speak not text speak? Anyway it means too long didn't read, sorry!

Ahhh okay, thank you
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    snickypoo wrote: »
    That made me laugh! she sounds about three when you describe her like that!:D Love the word harridan too! Is it medievil?

LOL the Cambridge dictionary definition of harridan is:- an unpleasant woman, especially an older one, who is often angry and often tells other people what to do.
  • Options
    humpty dumptyhumpty dumpty Posts: 4,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sasparella wrote: »
    But he DIDN'T bring it up first, SHE did, first on her entrance VT and then to others in the house in his hearing, neither did he mention her husband, SHE did.

Its not about mentioning her husband in actual words, come on - he said more than enough for viewers to google and find out the story. He said enough for Linda to be aware of this too. He said it for NO OTHER REASON than to hurt her where he knew it would hurt her the most...and to upset her with the threat that he could leak the story at any time. He didn't even say it accidentaly in the heat of an arguement. The fact that you split hairs that he didn't mention 'husband' when he full well knew was letting the viewers know the story and knowing that Linda would be aware of this is just low class.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Its not about mentioning her husband in actual words, come on - he said more than enough for viewers to google and find out the story. He said enough for Linda to be aware of this too. He said it for NO OTHER REASON than to hurt her where he knew it would hurt her the most...and to upset her with the threat that he could leak the story at any time. He didn't even say it accidentaly in the heat of an arguement. The fact that you split hairs that he didn't mention 'husband' when he full well knew was letting the viewers know the story and knowing that Linda would be aware of this is just low class.

So would it have been any better if he had done a Linda and just constantly sniped at her for everything she said and every favour she did for him like making dinners :confused:

For me the Frank Carson Dressing Room was his trump card when he was pushed too far
  • Options
    ruffleruffle Posts: 4,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I guess a lot of people would like one of the fence sitters to win witch could happen well I don't turn n every night to see paint dry granted thy are good looking but I want more than that from a housemate to win the only time the boring ones say anything is when thy are nominated jum has been given a hard time n there if he has been unhappy then I for ne cannot blame him I would guess that anyone that had that experience would feel down it's very true Jim did not like undue noise when trying yo sleep well more do I thy could quiet easily have stayed in the sitting room to play most people as thy mature learn how to enjoy themselfs without screaming like high school children thy can also enjoy themselfs with out disrespecting other people bb is not Gordy shore