Was Rhydian favourite in 2006?

joettbjoettb Posts: 676
Forum Member
✭✭
Random I know, but does anyone know if he was or was it Leon?

Comments

• yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,526
    Forum Member
    Yes he was favourite.

From rank outsider week 1 to then odds on favourite.

IIRC Leon was around 4/1 to win in the build up
  • joettbjoettb Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes he was favourite.

From rank outsider week 1 to then odds on favourite.

IIRC Leon was around 4/1 to win in the build up

thanks a lot
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was 2007 but yes Rhydian was the clear fav to win. I think it was after disco week and the appearance at Bubles gig that Leons popularity rose.
  • greenyonegreenyone Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We were all certain he was going to win and when they said Leon's name you could cut the air with a knife
    Forum Member
    greenyone wrote: »
    We were all certain he was going to win and when they said Leon's name you could cut the air with a knife

I think Simon knew Rhydian wasn't a shoe in as he gave him the 'whatever happens tonight...' speech.
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    I still cant believe Leon won over Rhydian, Leon was soooo crap, one of the worst winners ever!
  • rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    It was the underdog vote imo. He should have gone in week one. That first week's performance was dire and Simon told him so, so he got the sympathy vote and so it continued.

Interesting though, the producers have made sure that never happened again.
  • satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    He was my favourite contestant of all time!
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leon's album is actually decent though. I still play it regularly....
    Forum Member
    satellite wrote: »

you should vote for him here

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2023710

:D
  • drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I may be wrong, but before the live shows started I do remember reading that Hope were favourites to win followed by Futureproof. This changed dramatically after the first live show when Rydian became the favourite.
  • drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    drakhen wrote: »
    I may be wrong, but before the live shows started I do remember reading that Hope were favourites to win followed by Futureproof. This changed dramatically after the first live show when Rydian became the favourite.

Sorry to reply to myself, but I was right but got Hope and Futureproof the wrong way round:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-486336/Reject-groups-Futureproof-Hope-emerge-early-favourites-win-X-Factor.html
  • bitchboybluebitchboyblue Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leon won because of 2 reasons - Scotland and Kylie Minogue.
  • Eva_Coco_MayEva_Coco_May Posts: 3,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rhydian creeped me out massively but then I met him and hes a decent guy.
  • zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved Leon and i think he deserved more success
  • TreyCTreyC Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was always between him and Niki favourite to win. Then the last 3 weeks Leon started showing.
  • AmusedmooseAmusedmoose Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember being gutted he lost. Seems so long ago now, nice to see him still doing well.:)
  • Kenneth_ChowKenneth_Chow Posts: 3,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wasn't Leon ...wait, wasn't it 2007???...series 4 was quite lackluster from what I remember... But again, its the most vague to me...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that Leon/Rhydian was the last time the person who was favourite when the lines closed in the final didn't win it/

Alexandra Burke, Joe McElderry, Matt Cardle, Little Mix, James Arthur, Sam Bailey were all decent odds on and I believe Joe, Matt and Sam in particular were very short odds
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leon Jackson - Yeah, thanks for that one Scotland.
  • CARA2000CARA2000 Posts: 10,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rhydian creeped me out massively but then I met him and hes a decent guy.

I think he creeped a lot of people out and that was his problem at the time. Extremely talented was Rhydian.

However, you should never judge a book by its cover or how they are portrayed on such a manipulative show. As we know now, the show is geared towards ensuring the winners and runners up. ;-)
  • spiideyspiidey Posts: 16,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember looking at odds checker throughout thr final night and rhydian was shortening all the time, leon drifting, you could get 7/1 on Leon immediately before he was crowned winner
  • MattXfactorMattXfactor Posts: 3,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    C_N1 wrote: »
    I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that Leon/Rhydian was the last time the person who was favourite when the lines closed in the final didn't win it/

Alexandra Burke, Joe McElderry, Matt Cardle, Little Mix, James Arthur, Sam Bailey were all decent odds on and I believe Joe, Matt and Sam in particular were very short odds

Yeah sam b was odds of like 1/5 / 1.2
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,642
    Forum Member
    satellite wrote: »
    Mine too. There was no shock in my house when he won.
  • Malc LondonMalc London Posts: 2,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »
    I still cant believe Leon won over Rhydian, Leon was soooo crap, one of the worst winners ever!

Agree.