Options

Where can I donate a load of comics?

myssmyss Posts: 16,527
Forum Member
✭✭
A quick question - not where I should put it so I've posted this here and in the Advice forum. My query is just as the title suggests - my son has loads of comics (Simpsons, Dandy Max, etc) from around 2008/9-2011 and would like to do something with them other than throwing them away.

Ideally it would be great to donate them to somewhere - maybe a children's hospital or some charity and just receive something just to cover postage (or to send us a postage label), but don't know if they would accept something like this. Has anyone done anything like this or know of any organisation/charity that would accept them? :)

Comments

• Options
    tingramretrotingramretro Posts: 10,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to take unwanted comics to my local GP's surgery, where they had a stack of stuff as reading material for kids while they were waiting.

Then I realized the little sods were either nicking them or ripping them up, so I started flogging them on ebay instead.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Then I realized the little sods were either nicking them or ripping them up, so I started flogging them on ebay instead.
    Yeah I did think of that and looked on Ebay, but there were very little of the titles I have that had any bids.
  • Options
    JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    myss wrote: »
    A quick question - not where I should put it so I've posted this here and in the Advice forum. My query is just as the title suggests - my son has loads of comics (Simpsons, Dandy Max, etc) from around 2008/9-2011 and would like to do something with them other than throwing them away.

Ideally it would be great to donate them to somewhere - maybe a children's hospital or some charity and just receive something just to cover postage (or to send us a postage label), but don't know if they would accept something like this. Has anyone done anything like this or know of any organisation/charity that would accept them? :)
    Dandy Max? I think you got Dandy Xtreme and Beano Max mixed up, lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JAS84 wrote: »
    Dandy Max? I think you got Dandy Xtreme and Beano Max mixed up, lol.
    I think you're right! :)
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    You could always take them to your local charity shop, I did that with a load of mine and they accepted them no problem.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    myss wrote: »

Forward them to me.