Options

Classic Kids UK Channel launches online on Saturday

Comments

• Options
    JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    porkpie wrote: »
    Is this an authorised venture?

That list of films and programmes looks expensive as it includes BBC and CFF content.

Most Grange Hill was longer than 20 minutes

If its legit then good luck - it sounds interesting.
    If its not , I wouldn't expect it to last too long
    Yeah, Grange Hill episodes are 30 minutes. It's BBC, so no adverts.
  • Options
    porkpieporkpie Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JAS84 wrote: »
    Yeah, Grange Hill episodes are 30 minutes. It's BBC, so no adverts.

With the exception of one or two episodes (series 5 or 6 IIRC) no GH episodes run to 30 minutes.
    In the early days running time varied by a minute or two but for the last 20 years of its life it was 23-24 minutes every episode
  • Options
    andrew1981andrew1981 Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    Not convinced this is genuine, but I'll play along :) I'd like to see episodes of The Sooty Show from the 1980's with Matthew Corbett (particularly 1981-1987) Heck if got they got the very expensive Rainbow rights from Fremantle Media, then those Sooty rights shouldn't be out of the question! :D
  • Options
    mersey70mersey70 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    andrew1981 wrote: »
    Not convinced this is genuine, but I'll play along :) I'd like to see episodes of The Sooty Show from the 1980's with Matthew Corbett (particularly 1981-1987) Heck if got they got the very expensive Rainbow rights from Fremantle Media, then those Sooty rights shouldn't be out of the question! :D

I think you have hit the nail on the head, I strongly doubt Fremantle would be involved in this.

And they are rumoured to be ruthless with anybody pilfering the lucrative Thames Television catalogue.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unless it's a clever little link app that will goto uploaded youtube episodes for the actual content?.

Either way I find some of the negative posts slightly ammusing seeing as this sort of stuff goes on with youtube all the time and there is no way youtube has a licence as such to host most of the stuff on there thats copyrighted do they?.

Either way I'm also not 100% convinced on this as such, would be good if it is. The main problem for such a project would be the bandwidth and storage space need for everything. What sort of bandwidth have they allowed for per hour?.

If it's genuine it would need some serious monry to cover costs for server space andf some serious amount of bandwidth. If it's not lefit it will be linked youtube such sites to use there bandwidth instead.
  • Options
    Laura PLaura P Posts: 1,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve1977 wrote: »
    How dare someone dream of doing something. Much prefer people making an effort to people on the dole claiming money for sod all.

Dream of doing something? They're banging on about a fantasy TV channel that hasn't ever existed, doesn't exist and probably never will exist, on Digital flippin' Spy. Your reply is hilarious...please tell me you are a wind-up merchant.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    Laura P wrote: »
    Dream of doing something? They're banging on about a fantasy TV channel that hasn't ever existed, doesn't exist and probably never will exist, on Digital flippin' Spy. Your reply is hilarious...please tell me you are a wind-up merchant.
    People posting fantasies and making up BS on Digital Spy???? OMG never! :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People posting fantasies and making up BS on Digital Spy???? OMG never! :eek:

I know, right? I think Steve1977 might have rather too high expectations of this board if he's putting forum fantasists on such a high pedestal.
  • Options
    porkpieporkpie Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave 909 wrote: »
    Unless it's a clever little link app that will goto uploaded youtube episodes for the actual content?.

Either way I find some of the negative posts slightly ammusing seeing as this sort of stuff goes on with youtube all the time and there is no way youtube has a licence as such to host most of the stuff on there thats copyrighted do they?.

Which is why YT often remove content as do official copyright holders.
    Most of the stuff on YT is such poor quality that its hardly going to affect potential sales and even the pirated material can still act as PR for such content as do the official uploads
  • Options
    neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Supercar
    Fireball XL5
    Stingray
    Four Feather Falls
    Space Patrol
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Laura P wrote: »
    I know, right? I think Steve1977 might have rather too high expectations of this board if he's putting forum fantasists on such a high pedestal.

I've seen loads of fantasy threads on this forum over the years. When I was a lurker I remember reading the fantasy EPG threads that used to pop up in the Freeview and satellite forums.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen loads of fantasy threads on this forum over the years. When I was a lurker I remember reading the fantasy EPG threads that used to pop up in the Freeview and satellite forums.

There's nothing wrong with the fantasy threads but when people like Steve act like they mean something other than pure whimsy, or go believing that the fantasy is going to become reality like the OP seems to (unless they're on a wind-up) they are seriously deluded.
  • Options
    homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    bananaman
    thundercats
    teenage mutant hero turtles
    funhouse
    early biker grove
    droopy
    doug
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    whats the url?
  • Options
    rasborasbo Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although this is probably fantasy, the replies show that there is commercial value, ratings and people who really want to see such a channel. Why there isn;t a classic kids TV channel with 90's Nickelodeon and TCC repeats, and 60's - 90's CBBC and CITV repeats is beyond me.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Ideas:

The Wombles
    Greenclaws
    Bertha
    Ghostwriter
    The Herbs

I remember Gran, havent seen that since it was first broadcast! :D
  • Options
    RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    porkpie wrote: »
    Most Grange Hill was longer than 20 minutes
    Having watched several of them at the weekend I've not sure that the Dungeons are Dragons cartoons were 20 mins either.

IMDB lists them as 30 mins but not sure how accurate that is.
  • Options
    Hobbes1966Hobbes1966 Posts: 5,371
    Forum Member
    Rainbow
    The Herbs
    Chorlton and the Wheelies
    Rhubarb and Custard
    Dangermouse
    Duckula
    Trap Door
    The Woodentops
    Pipkins
    Hickory House (Hickories?)
    Mary Mungo and Midge

....just off the top of my head :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blippa wrote: »
    whats the url?

There isn't one.

There probably won't be one, either.

If the OP even attempts this, the content will only get pulled down for copyright breaches anyway.
  • Options
    Madam PresidentMadam President Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    If this actually goes ahead it'll be my favourite TV channel especially if it's full of 70s and early 80s material. But I'm sorry to say I won't be getting my hopes up. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ulysses 31
    Mysterious Cities Of Gold
  • Options
    ktla5ktla5 Posts: 1,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    msim wrote: »
    Of course, this is just fantasy (we get a thread like this every six months) but, supposing you do launch this, I really hope the copyright holders sue you and your friend...

Maybe not, maybe an RD subsidery ! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The op has not posted back with any details as of yet after first posting a few days ago, so less inclined to accept it's a legit idea than some kind of research\responce thread seeing as they have not been forthcoming with any futher details on the project.
  • Options
    rasborasbo Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just bought a shopping channel on Sky. What items should I sell?

;)
  • Options
    fugitivefugitive Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The channel will launch on veetle on saturday morning,

i will post back with the URL and schedule, which includes some of the things people have asked about.

Including Gran, Mysterious Cities of Gold, Moondial and Bananaman. :D