Options

All Star Christmas Presents, Sky 1 23rd Dec 6pm

myssmyss Posts: 16,528
Forum Member
✭✭
Another one else watching?

It's basically a Sky One version of Surprise Surprise but at Christmas. I'm guessing this is screened to take place of the better version Noel Edmonds would normally do (hope I'm wrong). It's hosted by Sally Lindsay and I doubt Surprise Surprise will be wobbling in their boots at a rival, but admittedly I've been on the sob since it started! :cry::)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't like Sally Lindsey at all with her "you look gorgeous" and "you are lovely" etc...much prefer Noel. Why isn't he doing it anymore???
  • Options
    Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    myss wrote: »

It's basically a Sky One version of Surprise Surprise but at Christmas. I'm guessing this is screened to take place of the better version Noel Edmonds would normally do (hope I'm wrong). It's hosted by Sally Lindsay and I doubt Surprise Surprise will be wobbling in their boots at a rival, but admittedly I've been on the sob since it started! :cry::)

Yes, unfortunately, it is the same programme.....minus NE !
    I can't find out why on t'internet. :( I like Sally - but she doesn't have the gravitas.......still, we should be grateful it's not Holly Willoughby.....or, not depending on your gender. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, unfortunately, it is the same programme.....minus NE !
    I can't find out why on t'internet. :( I like Sally - but she doesn't have the gravitas.......still, we should be grateful it's not Holly Willoughby.....or, not depending on your gender. :D

Its awful, with her "awww" every 5 mins. Even the zelebs are dull...Roxanne Pallet, Flawless, Diversity (again)...1D were obviously not available so a gift bag would suffice??!?! :confused::eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And ,may I add about when she gave that family a trip to Turkey, it was too cheesy beyond words - I think they felt they had to react in a certain way. BRING BACK NOEL PLEEEEAASSE
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barkingmad wrote: »
    Didn't like Sally Lindsey at all with her "you look gorgeous" and "you are lovely" etc...much prefer Noel. Why isn't he doing it anymore???

Because Sky are still sulking at when he had a go at that council for not helping a disabled guy who fought overseas.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because Sky are still sulking at when he had a go at that council for not helping a disabled guy who fought overseas.

Well anyone but her....
  • Options
    myssmyss Posts: 16,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Much agree that I rather the programme with Noel. I was watching a 'look at the Christmas specials of past years' programme today and it featured a scene from one of Noel's that was so old that it involved a visit to the PM in Downing Street who was John Major at the time! But even that one scene showed how much better it was than tonight's offering.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Much agree that I rather the programme with Noel. I was watching a 'look at the Christmas specials of past years' programme today and it featured a scene from one of Noel's that was so old that it involved a visit to the PM in Downing Street who was John Major at the time! But even that one scene showed how much better it was than tonight's offering.

I watched that one too. Ade's Christmas Crackers.

What I hated about it was that as a Viewer I was being talked down to because TV land presume we are kids who never saw them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member

The show was pretty dire. Sally Lindsay was very wooden and lacked emotion as she was clearly not used to reading from an autocue. It has ceased to be about the deserving members of the public and all about the so-called "stars". It was all so different with Noel Edmonds. I won't bother watching next year's edition.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know where I can watch this, someone usually puts in on youtube but I can't find it anywhere :(