silent witness on bbc1 now

Comments

• far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    I like this show, but that shots of them chopping up the bodies still make me cringe
  • millysshawmillysshaw Posts: 2,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do anyone managing to escape always run into the bad guy.:mad:
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My family are all playing spot the ex-soap star!
    Forum Member
    My family are all playing spot the ex-soap star!

:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    :eek:
  • prehensileprehensile Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    wotalotabollox :mad:
  • pattycakepattycake Posts: 4,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    far2cool wrote: »
    I like this show, but that shots of them chopping up the bodies still make me cringe

But they look so obviously models , totally unbelievable!
    Forum Member
    pattycake wrote: »
    But they look so obviously models , totally unbelievable!

true.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The glass of the aquarium through which they filmed the opening shots of this needs the green algae scraping off, or they need to invest in a few water snails.

"Not the killer hiding in the back of the car nonsense"...again!

Writers please note.

If you've already depicted your victim as being particularly jumpy, she's obviously going to look in her car before she gets in it. Anyway in small cars there's no sodding foot well space for back seat passengers, so it'd be impossible to hide in it and the naffin' interior light goes on as soon as you open the door so she would have seen the killer.

Are these writers trained in "intelligence insulting?"
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quite enjoyed SW tonight, I lost interest in the last series, but my OH was watching so watched too! I'm a fan of the Amanda Burton episodes rather than these later ones,
  • Louise-annLouise-ann Posts: 1,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Preferred this opener to last weeks.

Few more recognisable faces too.
  • bananashakebananashake Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really liking these episodes, bit creepy tonight but great cliffhanger! Have a feeling someone's gonna die tomorrow though :'(

Liking Clarissa, wish we saw more of her though. Jack's ok but his constant butting in and arrogance is annoying me ever so slightly. Hopefully he'll calm down soon enough though as I think he has great potential. :)
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Both plot lines seem intriguing. The scenes with the captive woman were quite harrowing though.
  • RandysbackRandysback Posts: 3,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just caught up with the new series.

That new guy is a terrible actor and so is that lady cop.. And she had some really crappy lines.
  • Durham ViperDurham Viper Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Fire Brigade must have inherited Horatio Caines teleporter from CSI Miami, because that is the only explanation for how quickly they turned up, put the fire out and seached the building to find the trapped detective :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You really do have to suspend reality when watching these shows. I almost watch them like i do Sci-fi now, with a "just go with it" attitude!
  • clayton_stclayton_st Posts: 829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ludicrous storylines.
    Pathologist going around with cop,trailing suspects.
    Cop spending too much time watching every P.M.
    Unarmed lady cop chasing killer armed with pistol shouting "Stop-Police"! and waving Police I.D.
    Who's writing this make believe nonsense?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clayton_st wrote: »
    Ludicrous storylines.
    Pathologist going around with cop,trailing suspects.
    Cop spending too much time watching every P.M.
    Unarmed lady cop chasing killer armed with pistol shouting "Stop-Police"! and waving Police I.D.
    Who's writing this make believe nonsense?

Now be fair, it's a drama/soap on "TV for Dummies, BBC1."

With dramas on some channels you have to be able to "suspend belief." With this you need to be able to "suspend intelligence."
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I gave up halfway and watched Trevor McDonald on DeathRow instead.
  • tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to be very PiC here. SW has been getting too dark, grim and PC for me for some time now. I've watched it as a great fan of the team, the team made the rest worth putting up with. For me Tom Ward as Harry was an English gent. I really liked his charcter, could identify with him completely. I love Emilia Fox as Nikki and Willioam Gaminara as Leo also.

Now Tom is gone. Dire. The gentleness and charm and old fashionedness of Harry is no more. Instead we have a guy who attacks like a human pit bull. OK I exagerate but he is so far from Harry as to be off the planet. Who ever heard of a medical person who fights like a pit bull for relaxation?

Then the assistamt. I'm disabled so I have to deal with it every day. I don't want disability as PC shoved down my throat on TV. TV is supposed to entertain, not become a PC assault course. I want to see normal people on TV. People who can make me smile, laugh and enjoy the programme.

SW has become everything opposite to this. I only watch now for Emilia and Willoiam. The programme had them both repeating 'move on' 'change is good'. Well damn the scripwriters for shoving that down our thrtoats too. But if it gets any darker I may just abandon it altogether. They are taking it down a wrong road. He is just too aggrasive, she in the wheelchair I just don't like period in or out of a wheelchair. The wheelchair actually makes no difference. It merely represents 'conformity to the Religion of PC'. Its all an encumbrance to 'enjoyment'...?

First they destroyed New Tricks, now they doing the same to SW. I think I'll stick to DVDs and episodes of Inspector Montalbano. Theres a normal human being, and Italian man and very funny and enjoyable to watch. At least we'll also have some Foyles War to watch soon. Lets hope they won't make a modernist merss of that.

I'm 57 and grumpy and crochety about the 'PC' modern and that's my 2 cents for what they are worth.

BIB: I find this a truly shocking comment. So disabled people aren't normal? And because you are disabled they should stay off TV and not spoil your enjoyment? I've no idea what you mean by a 'PC assault course' since 'PC' is something of a meaningless right-wing cliché.

My son is disabled too, and I certainly don't want disabled people kept off the TV because, presumably, they are 'abnormal'. May I just point out that keeping disability off TV is one way of ensuring that it never will become 'normal'.
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enjoyed last night's episode - plenty going on and lots of tension between the characters. Would have like to have seen more Clarissa but I guess she's like a fine wine - to be enjoyed sparingly. The shit is really going to hit the fan tonight with chickens coming home to roost for DI Reed: loved the darkening in tone in which she and Nikki went from having a girls night in (watching surveillance videos lol) to Nikki being left for dead whilst the DI pursued the killer instead of dragging Nikki to safety!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow Phillip_Andrews that has to be one off THE worst and most insultig comments I've read on D'spy, and I'm afraid I have reported it to the Mods as it is VERY offensive.
  • OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,462
    Forum Member
    I quite enjoyed SW tonight, I lost interest in the last series, but my OH was watching so watched too! I'm a fan of the Amanda Burton episodes rather than these later ones,

We are all different thankfully - I cannot abide Amanda Burton (in anything), she seemed to have one simpering facial expression.
    I much prefer the format of recent years but my jury is out on the new guy and I hate the 'hidden back story that suggests one thing and usually turns out to be nothing' nonsense they insist on doing with new characters.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Osusana wrote: »
    We are all different thankfully - I cannot abide Amanda Burton (in anything), she seemed to have one simpering facial expression.
    I much prefer the format of recent years but my jury is out on the new guy and I hate the 'hidden back story that suggests one thing and usually turns out to be nothing' nonsense they insist on doing with new characters.

I used to comment on here on her "one expression," when she was in it.
    I called it "wistful."

It also struck me that she appeared to have unusually large feet for a woman.
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new guy, Jack is it ? He is really starting to get on my nerves. How Nikki remains calm around him I don't know as i would have b%tch slapped him last week. When Nikki got left in the burning building I said to my husband "If Harry had been there, he would have got her out".

Arrrhhh, how I miss Harry