Pobol Y Cwm (Part 3)

Comments

• welshsarahwelshsarah Posts: 5,082
    Forum Member
    hope this with megan don't go on and on
  • frannydfrannyd Posts: 587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A while ago they had Gethin worrying about his (ex)wife and son and then hearing that they had moved near, thought they would bring them into the show, but no, have heard nothing since.

Then there the whole thing with Jinx and Ffion being cousins, thought the fathers would turn up, but again no!
  • wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It`s an unfair world that Gwaith/Cartref is only on once a week a few months a year, and PYC 5.times a week (soon to be 4). The writing, and acting on Gwaith/Cartref is just top notch. What a travesty.
  • sderr123sderr123 Posts: 13,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wavlovr wrote: »
    It`s an unfair world that Gwaith/Cartref is only on once a week a few months a year, and PYC 5.times a week (soon to be 4). The writing, and acting on Gwaith/Cartref is just top notch. What a travesty.

Yes, but I have a feeling that some of PYC's decline is a way to justify cuts. If its not very good people will mind less if they make their cuts. Because there were great storylines as little as a year ago. Its the writing full stop. Simon Watts was great in the storyline with Moc. We talk about the what a travesty the writing for Kevin is. The writing for Sion is just as bad. I remember how great Jeremi Cockram was in Macs rape storyline and the fire aftermath. Now they have just gutted that character. Sion no matter how smug and self-rightous he could be was always the father of 3 sons he loved and cared about. Now they have taken that away from him and its just destroyed the character.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a question does anyone know what Megan's charity actually does? She is always raising money for it but I have no idea what it is exactly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sderr123 wrote: »
    I have a question does anyone know what Megan's charity actually does? She is always raising money for it but I have no idea what it is exactly.
    That`s a good point sderr. Whatever Megans charity is, she wants to muscle in on the soup kitchen now. It makes me wonder if that`s how she got her OBE....strong arming her way into other peoples charity efforts and making them her own work.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wavlovr wrote: »
    That`s a good point sderr. Whatever Megans charity is, she wants to muscle in on the soup kitchen now. It makes me wonder if that`s how she got her OBE....strong arming her way into other peoples charity efforts and making them her own work.

Probably, Megan is not a character I care about. This upcoming storyline reminds me of the Gwyneth blackmail storyline, which I never cared about. Its only purpose was to be annoying and now we have more of the same.
  • LateboomerLateboomer Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    Its the writing full stop. Simon Watts was great in the storyline with Moc. We talk about the what a travesty the writing for Kevin is. The writing for Sion is just as bad. I remember how great Jeremi Cockram was in Macs rape storyline and the fire aftermath. Now they have just gutted that character. Sion no matter how smug and self-rightous he could be was always the father of 3 sons he loved and cared about. Now they have taken that away from him and its just destroyed the character.

I wonder what the actors themselves feel when they get their scripts? They're being paid to present the content the best way they know how, only.. what happens when the content becomes abominably weak? I know Gareth Lewis (Meic) as a casual acquaintance as he used to date my cousin. Maybe it would be too bold of me to ask him what he thinks, but I really would be interested in knowing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wavlovr I think one of the reasons Gwaith/Cartref is superior to PYC right now is that they have a better character balance. While there are older characters and May/December romances there are plenty of storylines where the younger characters are friends and interact with one another. While at the same time those are adult characters not teens. Its not writing for children its writing for a more mixed adult audience.
  • LateboomerLateboomer Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    frannyd wrote: »
    A while ago they had Gethin worrying about his (ex)wife and son and then hearing that they had moved near, thought they would bring them into the show, but no, have heard nothing since.

Then there the whole thing with Jinx and Ffion being cousins, thought the fathers would turn up, but again no!

It's really frustrating how these story lines become open-ended and just remain that way. There doesn't seem to be an awful lot of direction with the plot lines of late.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lateboomer wrote: »
    I wonder what the actors themselves feel when they get their scripts? They're being paid to present the content the best way they know how, only.. what happens when the content becomes abominably weak? I know Gareth Lewis (Meic) as a casual acquaintance as he used to date my cousin. Maybe it would be too bold of me to ask him what he thinks, but I really would be interested in knowing.

Gareth Lewis's Meic is really the only interesting thing going on atm. He's great. I hate the Kevin storyline, but Gareth has been very good in it. Now why can't the writing for Sion White be similar.

I also agree with you on the open ended storylines, especially those that are completely tied up in a character that has left. Why are so many potentially interesting storylines still tied to Macs? That is a huge problem.
    Forum Member
    I like Meic seems like he can take a good story on
  • nymbusangelnymbusangel Posts: 2,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh look another wedding that will end in some sort of furore and possibly none wedding. Been watching a year and in that time we had Jinx/Ffion who didn't wed, Debbie/Kevin who wed but he got arrested straight after and now looks like Jim/Eileen will also be a non-wedding for being related possibly which may highlight ffion and jinx;s connection.

Also is Sioned's attitude annoying anyone else. You can tell all 3 women are related with their attitude and Eileen is very selfish, but Sioned should just ignore it and as for what Angela gets up to with Eiffion beyond sisterly concern she shouldn't get in a huff, because Angela could easily do the same and give advice on Ed lol.
    I find it funny there's a welsh group on facebook called Sioned Rees deserves a slap, and Rhys Bidder is a fan lol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everything about the Sioned/Eileen storyline is annoying. Mostly because it is at its center a very uninteresting conflict between a mother and daughter. It should have ended months ago. I've seen this storyline done much better in the past. It would have been far more interesting to have the conflict be between Angela and Eileen because Jim is her ex-husband and naturally she would have some feelings about her mother marrying him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely loving superbitch Cadno! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Citadel wrote: »
    Absolutely loving superbitch Cadno! :D

Well that's the manipulative witch who was leading on both Eifion and Macs in the Christmas episode. Wonder what Cadno's game is.

What is Sion's morality? There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to who or what he is willing to forgive. He can forgive Britt, Gwyneth and apparently Kevin, but not Macs, Iolo or Huw.
  • frannydfrannyd Posts: 587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everything about the Sioned/Eileen storyline is annoying. Mostly because it is at its center a very uninteresting conflict between a mother and daughter. It should have ended months ago. I've seen this storyline done much better in the past. It would have been far more interesting to have the conflict be between Angela and Eileen because Jim is her ex-husband and naturally she would have some feelings about her mother marrying him.

Do you mean between Eileen and Sioned or someone else or in another programme ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    frannyd wrote: »
    Do you mean between Eileen and Sioned or someone else or in another programme ?

Between Eileen and Sioned. I think its the same conflict they have had for years only less interesting. This time they aren't actually living together so it feels forced.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pobol Y Cwm needs a villain to shake things up. I think they need to bring someone in for that not use current characters. Sioned is annoying but that's really it. Kevin's behavior is just ridiculously out of character and I don't believe it. Inject some new blood in to the programme.

Also Rhys Bidder is not coming back so kill off Macs-- free up some of the old storylines involving him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh look another wedding that will end in some sort of furore and possibly none wedding. Been watching a year and in that time we had Jinx/Ffion who didn't wed, Debbie/Kevin who wed but he got arrested straight after and now looks like Jim/Eileen will also be a non-wedding for being related possibly which may highlight ffion and jinx;s connection.

Also is Sioned's attitude annoying anyone else. You can tell all 3 women are related with their attitude and Eileen is very selfish, but Sioned should just ignore it and as for what Angela gets up to with Eiffion beyond sisterly concern she shouldn't get in a huff, because Angela could easily do the same and give advice on Ed lol.
    I find it funny there's a welsh group on facebook called Sioned Rees deserves a slap, and Rhys Bidder is a fan lol.
    LOL that`s brilliant!!! Emily Tucker is a wonderful actress. It`s great that her portrayal of Sioned has such a reaction.

I can`t get over how much Sioned and Angela look alike. I`m wondering if Angela was brought into PYC just to have Angela become Eileens daughter years ago. Or if it was just a recent plot line.
    Forum Member
    think emily tucker has been amazing since she first started
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love Emily Tucker too bad her current storyline is horrible. She should be given something more interesting to do. What about something entirely different than she has done before?

I see Kevin is back. God bless Meic, I know he is in a difficult position but he really is too soft on Kevin.
    Forum Member
    doesn't matter what kevin does meic will support him
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    welshsarah wrote: »
    doesn't matter what kevin does meic will support him

I love that Meic loves his sons, but Kevin really doesn't deserve it right now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A new set of spoilers
    http://digiguide.tv/show-times/30205/Pobol%20y%20Cwm/page/3/
    It looks like Kevin will go to court. Too bad its the wrong sexual assualt case. It should have been Moc, if it was anyone.

It will be interesting to see how the other villagers react to Kevin. I shoud hit home with some of them. But maybe anyone not involved with Kevin will just ignore the situation, like they have been doing so far.