Options

Blond TV presenter in her 50s, owns her own company

Comments

• Options
    brumiladbrumilad Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ex GMTV presenter now advertising postcode lottery?
    Obviously not.

I mean do many 'tv presenters' own a company that employs a sales director? I mean even those who might have formed their own little production company they're not firms with senior executives and the likes (they're usually one man band things with maybe their brother in law doing the books and a couple of graduates making the tea).

The report clearly states this is someone who runs a company with an executive management team. Someone whose primary job is not tv presenter. So the like of Vanessa Feltz and Fiona Phillips are way off the mark.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brumilad wrote: »
    Obviously not.

I mean do many 'tv presenters' own a company that employs a sales director? I mean even those who might have formed their own little production company they're not firms with senior executives and the likes (they're usually one man band things with maybe their brother in law doing the books and a couple of graduates making the tea).

The report clearly states this is someone who owns a company with an executive management team. Someone whose primary job is not tv presenter. So the like of Vanessa Feltz and Fiona Phillips are way off the mark.

It clearly says TV presenter who is a household name. Fiona Philips is wrong as she is married but it could well be Feltz.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It clearly says TV presenter who is a household name. Fiona Philips is wrong as she is married but it could well be Feltz.
    It says 'The blonde celebrity, who is a household name'.

There's no mention of the word presenter at all. You must read things before you state what they 'clearly' say.

And like I say, unless Vanessa Feltz runs a company with an exec team it's not going to be her. Having a cottage tv production company (which I'm not even sure she has) doesn't count.
  • Options
    *Clem**Clem* Posts: 4,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tiacat wrote: »
    She's not really a TV presenter though

It doesn't say presenter! It says media personality. So it could be Deborah. I can't imagine it though.
  • Options
    RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There's no mention of the word presenter at all. You must read things before you state what they 'clearly' say.

And like I say, unless Vanessa Feltz runs a company with an exec team it's not going to be her. Having a cottage tv production company (which I'm not even sure she has) doesn't count.

Oh dear, the mere thought of being hit on by Feltz is putting me right off my Sunday bacon roll for some reason.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    missfrizzy wrote: »
    What about Kelly hoppen?
    I don't know too much about Kelly Hoppen but I always got the impression her business is/was more consultancy based therefore also not the type to have exec teams and 'sales directors'.
  • Options
    Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know too much about Kelly Hoppen but I always got the impression her business is/was more consultancy based therefore also not the type to have exec teams and 'sales directors'.

http://www.kellyhoppen.com/

I would imagine she has a large team behind her.
  • Options
    BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Clem* wrote: »
    It doesn't say presenter! It says media personality. So it could be Deborah. I can't imagine it though.

She's married. Woman in question lives with partner. Not DM.
  • Options
    delazarousdelazarous Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmm - can't imagine V.F saying the P word.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously not.

The report clearly states this is someone who runs a company with an executive management team. Someone whose primary job is not tv presenter. So the like of Vanessa Feltz and Fiona Phillips are way off the mark.

Agree. It's someone known for first and foremost being a business woman with a spin-off TV career.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.kellyhoppen.com/

I would imagine she has a large team behind her.
    I totally agree. You don't get to where she's got and stay there without a big team working for you. However it's a different kind of team ie more agents and PR and marketing.

Like I say her business is consultancy, 'Kelly Hoppen' is for all intents and purpose THE sales director for 'Kelly Hoppen' because 'Kelly Hoppen' is the product/service.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still do think it could be the bra women. I mean she's recently faced some employment tribunal troubles.

I know she's in her forties but I can totally imagine the Daily Mail being bitchy like that towards someone who has put a gag on the press. Kinda make a snidy comment about her age because 'What's she gonna do about it?'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Gah; you're right.

I didn't even read the link properly, just went on what others here were saying. I'm crap at these. 0/10.:D
  • Options
    tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Clem* wrote: »

Yes, I know, I said ages ago I dont know why I thought that, read the thread!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still do think it could be the bra women. I mean she's recently faced some employment tribunal troubles.

I know she's in her forties but I can totally imagine the Daily Mail being bitchy like that towards someone who has put a gag on the press. Kinda make a snidy comment about her age because 'What's she gonna do about it?'.

what bra woman?
  • Options
    Poppy99Poppy99 Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    Definetly not strictly dragon as she is married. The person in article has a partner.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gah; you're right.

I didn't even read the link properly, just went on what others here were saying. I'm crap at these. 0/10.:D

Thats was my fault as Ive titled the thread incorrectly!
  • Options
    royal_gov_ukroyal_gov_uk Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    I would describe Kelly Hoppen as more a redhead, certainly not blond.
    I immediately thought of that woman who made things with sticky backed plastic, went on to sit on a breakfast sofa and had a ski-ing accident. Then I thought of an ex of a Beatle [he has since remarried] then I thought of an ex Loose Woman.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what bra woman?

Used to be a large lady.
    Appeared on 'You're fired'.
    Lost weight.
    Joined CAN.
    Became a media ****.

Michelle Moan is her name.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would describe Kelly Hoppen as more a redhead, certainly not blond.
    I immediately thought of that woman who made things with sticky backed plastic, went on to sit on a breakfast sofa and had a ski-ing accident. Then I thought of an ex of a Beatle [he has since remarried] then I thought of an ex Loose Woman.

Sticky backed plastic woman isn't living with a partner now though.
  • Options
    Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is how the woman has been described in the article:

A TV star
    Female television celebrity
    A well-known media personality
    Blonde celebrity, who is a household name
    An absolute nightmare
    In her 50s
    Lives with her partner

The blonde celebrity, who is a household name, is being accused by the ex-sales director of her company of sacking him because he rejected her sexual advances.

Is the bra woman a household name? I just asked Mr Fandango if he knew who she is and he didn't, although he is not interested in such things really. He also didn't know who the curly haired dragon is either.
  • Options
    muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Co host of the former Big Breakfast on C4?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what bra woman?

The Moany one.

Who also has a fairly prominent charitable profile. She fits except for the age.
  • Options
    Fiery PhoenixFiery Phoenix Posts: 303
    Forum Member
    Could be a sports presenter? Only states TV / media personality
  • Options
    muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bela wrote: »
    The Moany one.

Who also has a fairly prominent charitable profile. She fits except for the age.

Thing is she isn't a household name, or is she?