Options

Semi Final: Brazil v Germany 08/04 9pm KO

Comments

• Options
    clandestinyclandestiny Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flat Matt wrote: »
    It wasn't a contest, but it was surely the biggest shock in World Cup history - and we've just witnessed it. That game is going down in history and will be talked about for many years to come.

I just hope Germany can repeat that kind of form in the final and give us a memorable ending to a memorable World Cup.

Now you've said that, it will be a 0-0 bore fest and Germany will lose on penalties.
  • Options
    Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    ....and the pain will continue on Saturday.

They cant beat Holland and they dare not get beaten by Argentina on home soil.

Terminated 2, Judgement Day.

Good point. I had forgotten about the 3rd place play-off.

It will be very interesting to see how Brazil and their fans respond to this humiliation.
  • Options
    gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodger0703 wrote: »
    anyone who comes on and says they won money on guessing the result is a lying ****
    £130 in the bank

Proof

http://i.imgur.com/eanUR0t.jpg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Now you've said that, it will be a 0-0 bore fest and Germany will lose on penalties.

Don't be daft.

Germany losing on penalties? That sort of thing just doesn't happen. :D
  • Options
    yesman2012yesman2012 Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joooe wrote: »
    Moronic? Slight overreaction to a nice gesture...

As for making things all about an injured player. I remember Palace going into the Play-Off final with the idea we would do it for (the injured) Murray.

Crystal Palace > Brazil. ;-)

The guy I quoted mentioned that it seems as if he died, and that was my impression as well. I think its inappropriate what they did, it was almost as if they went into the match in mourning over an injured player.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This was posted at half time

Unless they meant they had 5-0 at 7/1?
    Nope

7-1 to Germany :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gold2040 wrote: »
    £130 in the bank

Proof

Wow, you only won £130?

I would've thought for a stake of £10 on something as unlikely as a 7-1 scoreline, would've won you much more money.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    £130 in the bank

Proof

That bet was placed at half time.

You certainly wouldn't have got only 12/1 for a 7-1 Germany win before the match.
  • Options
    BosoxBosox Posts: 14,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jenzie wrote: »
    christ
    how many records were broken in this match???

biggest brazillian defeat ever
    all time top scorer for mueller
    most goals scored in the least time (4 goals in 6 minutes)???

Muller will be becoming all time top scorer in 4 years time, for today it was Klose with that record.
  • Options
    rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yesman2012 wrote: »
    Wow, you only won £130?

I would've thought for a stake of £10 on something as unlikely as a 7-1 scoreline, would've won you much more money.

It is quite low odds, it's the type of bet i put 50p on at 80/1 or something but fair play to them for putting a tenner on

You certainly wouldn't have got only 12/1 for a 7-1 Germany win before the match.

Good point
  • Options
    carnivalistcarnivalist Posts: 4,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully this is another 1950 moment and triggers a rethink. And the rejection of everyone involved. Maybe even a new colour for the shirts.

Must be Red and white stripes. After all we (Exeter City) were the first ever team to play the Brazilian national team. :)
  • Options
    Thomas007Thomas007 Posts: 14,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It wasn't a contest, but it was surely the biggest shock in World Cup history - and we've just witnessed it. That game is going down in history and will be talked about for many years to come.

I just hope Germany can repeat that kind of form in the final and give us a memorable ending to a memorable World Cup.

BIB I'm with you on that, but the match was over within half an hour and although we got our fair share of goals, it wasn't a contest and for me, thats sad. But yes it was historic I agree with you.

I'm a supporter of Germany but I feel people are going to go over the top about this and Germany will probably now lose the final.

Remember Spain lost 1-5 to Holland, ya know, self described by Alan Shearer and the vast majority on here the greatest team ever in the history of football

So Holland beat the greatest team ever 5-1, the team thats won the past three tournaments, and people were installing them as immediate favourites, yet they jammed past Mexico with a dodgy penalty, and couldn't break down Costa Rica in 120 minutes.

But wait, they're historic, they beat the greatest side the world has ever seen 5-1?

Germany winning 7-1 doesn't mean they're a great side, just as England beating Germany 5-1 in 2001 didn't make them a great side.
  • Options
    alexjonesalexjones Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jenzie wrote: »
    christ
    how many records were broken in this match???

biggest brazillian defeat ever
    all time top scorer for mueller
    most goals scored in the least time (4 goals in 6 minutes)???

also the first time the Brazilian national team have been defeated on home soil, and what a defeat it was!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm not really a football guy as such, though the WC vibe is pretty infectious, came down during the break to see all the commotion from my family and decided to place a little wager

Most i've ever won in my life so i'm happy
  • Options
    clandestinyclandestiny Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yesman2012 wrote: »
    Wow, you only won £130?

Seeing as the bet was put on at half time the odds of 12/1 were far lower than they would have been before the game.
  • Options
    O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    ...what was all that about earlier in the tournament about singing the anthem and showing passion.:D:D:D Football is not a singing competition.
  • Options
    FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The existence of the third place play-off seems like an absurd piece of cruelty right now.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alexjones wrote: »
    also the first time the Brazilian national team have been defeated on home soil, and what a defeat it was!

It reminds me of when England lost to Hungary 6-3!
  • Options
    Greebo.Greebo. Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bet Piers Morgan is feeling like a bit of a t*** right now :D

Piers Morgan ‏@piersmorgan 3h

David Luiz will drive Brazil to victory tonight. He's been my star of this World Cup. Such passion/commitment/determination.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Greebo. wrote: »
    I bet Piers Morgan is feeling like a bit of a t*** right now :D

Piers Morgan ‏@piersmorgan 3h

David Luiz will drive Brazil to victory tonight. He's been my star of this World Cup. Such passion/commitment/determination.

Piers Morgan should permanently feel like a ****.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    BosoxBosox Posts: 14,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christian Machowski ‏@Christian_ESEM
    The only three national teams ever to concede five goals in one half during the World Cup Finals:
    Zaire
    Haiti
    Brazil
    via @History_Futbol

Just preposterous.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thomas007 wrote: »
    BIB I'm with you on that, but the match was over within half an hour and although we got our fair share of goals, it wasn't a contest and for me, thats sad.

I'm a supporter of Germany but I feel people are going to go over the top about this and Germany will probably now lose the final.

Remember Spain lost 1-5 to Holland, ya know, self described by Alan Shearer and the vast majority on here the greatest team ever in the history of football

So Holland beat the greatest team ever 5-1, the team thats won the past three tournaments, and people were installing them as immediate favourites, yet they jammed past Mexico with a dodgy penalty, and couldn't break down Costa Rica in 120 minutes.

But wait, they're historic, they beat the greatest side the world has ever seen 5-1?

Germany winning 7-1 doesn't mean they're a great side, just as England beating Germany 5-1 in 2001 didn't make them a great side.

Yeah I agree with, the margin of the victory says more about the capitulation of brazil than it does for germany's brilliance. Don't get me wrong, apart from ozil messing up on a 1-on-1 and making it 8-0, the whole german performance has been almost perfect, but after the 3rd goal went in, you could see the brazilian players giving up.

To state the obvious, goals do change games, teams don't perform the same regardless of the scoreline, they either raise their game or drop down a few levels depending on whether they're up for a fight in a situation where they fall down by a goal or two.
  • Options
    coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Did someone fake that screenshot?