Options

World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XXXIV (Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    AgeOfTheGeekAgeOfTheGeek Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Raj you are late!
  • Options
    PandaPawPawPandaPawPaw Posts: 7,340
    Forum Member
    Raj_91 wrote: »
    I thought about this, a lot, sleepless nights, it's been a while folks.
    I'd like to announce that I am returning to this thread. No more retiring.
    Did you all miss me?

:D

Nope! :D
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,991
    Forum Member
    FMKK wrote: »
    I feel asleep before the end of the last Raw and now you've all bolted off to another thread? Charming.[/b

Btw, I thought this article was pretty interesting (while negative) about some booking issues with Monday's Raw, though most people thought it was a good show.

Damn guys, the plan didn't work :(
  • Options
    AgeOfTheGeekAgeOfTheGeek Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel asleep before the end of the last Raw and now you've all bolted off to another thread? Charming.

Btw, I thought this article was pretty interesting (while negative) about some booking issues with Monday's Raw, though most people thought it was a good show.

Interesting read.
    The Ambrose bit caught my attention the most though. It's like I said a few weeks ago, after that babyface reaction at MITB it seems like WWE don't quite know what they've got with him.
  • Options
    PDS1985PDS1985 Posts: 29,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually like them but have found them rather irritating over the last few months. It doesn't help that the Tag Team division has no structure and is all over the place.

Natalya gets more screen time than Tyson, FACT. :D

I'm enjoying Tyson on NXT he walks out of interviews and has turned heel alongside Justin Gabriel.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Did you all miss me?

Do kurwy nędzy

NO!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you all miss me?

Brilliant news Raj. :p:D
  • Options
    Anvil1984Anvil1984 Posts: 2,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you all miss me?

Flecks sake I had the bubbly out
  • Options
    FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually like them but have found them rather irritating over the last few months. It doesn't help that the Tag Team division has no structure and is all over the place.

I think the Usos are a good team and I've enjoyed the few promos they've had the chance to do recently. I would like to see more people get a little promo time, even if only on Smackdown.

But the tag scene is dying a death yet again. I've been watching/listening to a podcast about the PPVs of the Hogan era and it's ridiculous the amount of teams there are. WWE could easily do with 5 more teams, though it doesn't help that half of their teams are jobbers. So frustrating because I love a good tag scene and the tags and six mans have been so brilliant recently that it should encourage them to develop the decision.

Ah well, Wyatts vs Usos 2/3 falls at Battleground will be good and we should get a title change then maybe Wyatts vs Goldust and Stardust at Summerslam.
  • Options
    Super BanditSuper Bandit Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Natalya wears the trousers in that relationship, FACT. :D
  • Options
    FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting read.
    The Ambrose bit caught my attention the most though. It's like I said a few weeks ago, after that babyface reaction at MITB it seems like WWE don't quite know what they've got with him.

Seems that way to me. They seem to know that they have something though and he's been going well enough but I don't like him losing clean on TV. If they do it right he'll be a bigger star than Reigns I think.
  • Options
    Raj_91Raj_91 Posts: 3,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Raj you are here!:D

Thank you AgeOfTheGeek, thank you. :)
    YES! :D

Thank you Panda, thank you. :)
    jesteś najlepszy

YES!!!

Thank you Hollie, thank you. :)
    PDS1985 wrote: »
    Brilliant news Raj. :p:D

Thank you PDS, thank you. :)
    Anvil1984 wrote: »
    Flecks sake I had the bubbly out, *drinks for raj's return* i'm so happy you're back.

Thank You Anvil, thank you. :)

Such kind words from a loving community, i've done a lot of thinking while I was away and i've come to the conclusion that Eva Marie is....

THE GREATEST WRESTLER OF ALL TIME. BEST IN THE WORLD! BOLIEVEEE!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Raj has become the biggest troll in sports entertainment. :cool:

THE ICON RAJ!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't think so lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such kind words from a loving community, i've done a lot of thinking while I was away and i've come to the conclusion that Paige is....

THE GREATEST WRESTLER OF ALL TIME. BEST IN THE WORLD! BOLIEVEEE!

I agree Raj Paige would be honoured. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Raj has become the biggest troll in sports entertainment. :cool:

THE ICON RAJ!

Me, a troll? Never!!! :D

THE ULTIMATE HEEL PANDA! :cool:
    I don't think so lol

*has nightmares about shovels* :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From Lords of Pain:
    - WWE's website also has a poll up asking fans who is the greatest Divas Champion - AJ Lee, Beth Phoenix, Michelle McCool, Kaitlyn, Maryse, Layla, Melina, Kelly Kelly, Eve Torres, Brie Bella or Natalya. With over 40,000 votes, AJ is leading with 33%. The next closest is Kelly Kelly with 13% and Maryse with 10%.

- The big fight between Naomi and Cameron on this week's RAW was indeed seen as the official split between the two. The split will obviously be featured on Total Divas but there's no word yet on what WWE has planned for either Diva.

Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/Backstage_News_on_Cameron_Naomi_s_Split_New_Eden_Video_Greatest_Divas_Champion_Ziggler.html#S2oHJIKp6fvQKtlu.99

Kelly Kelly currently has 13%. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree Raj Paige would be honoured. :)

Darn it, Eva is much, much better than that rookie. :D
    From Lords of Pain:

Woo! *votes for Kelly Kelly* Let's go Kelly Kelly!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    From Lords of Pain:

WTF! She couldn't even run the ropes the stupid cow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two new videos.

On the official WWE youtube channel, Brandi Rhodes (aka Eden) gives the WWE Universe a look at her life on the road - Video Blog

On WWE.com, Dolph Ziggler unboxes Mattel's WWE Slam City figures and Breakdown Assault Vault playset.
  • Options
    BFGArmyBFGArmy Posts: 28,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the Usos are a good team and I've enjoyed the few promos they've had the chance to do recently. I would like to see more people get a little promo time, even if only on Smackdown.

But the tag scene is dying a death yet again. I've been watching/listening to a podcast about the PPVs of the Hogan era and it's ridiculous the amount of teams there are. WWE could easily do with 5 more teams, though it doesn't help that half of their teams are jobbers. So frustrating because I love a good tag scene and the tags and six mans have been so brilliant recently that it should encourage them to develop the decision.

Ah well, Wyatts vs Usos 2/3 falls at Battleground will be good and we should get a title change then maybe Wyatts vs Goldust and Stardust at Summerslam.

I agree on the tag division - it does seem to be on the decline again. There are (correct me if I'm wrong) now only 5 teams and two of them are Rybaxel and Los Matadores who should both be nowhere near the tag titles which leaves just The Dusts, Wyatts and Usos really as tag teams.
    WWE really should add some more teams - the Usos v Wyatts can only happen so much more and there are loads of directionless superstars who would benefit from tag teaming.

Reform the Prime Time Players (why were they separated anyway as neither has gained from it), maybe make Big E and Ziggler a team or Swagger and Henry as a strongman face group maybe (thinking outside the box)?
    I feel asleep before the end of the last Raw and now you've all bolted off to another thread? Charming.

As you say, it's very negative and in my view a load of rubbish.
    And much of it does just seem like 'my favourite lost so I'll whine' in tone. I can't really see how anyone can complain about Ambrose's booking - he has dominated Rollins throughout their feud so far and the only time Rollins has got an advantage was by winning MITB after having someone interfere on his behalf so Ambrose has been booked to look miles superior. Yet Ambrose loses one match clean (which to be honest is one match where he looked the equal of someone who is challenging for the title and so should be protected a little) and it's treated there as if he's been thoroughly buried. In my view one match result doesn't matter as much as the writer thinks it does, it's the overall story arc and how the superstar seems to be generally booked that matters and Ambrose
    has been booked brilliantly.

There were a number of lines that made me laugh too. The one about how WWE protect Orton and not Ambrose was one - as that's probably Orton's first clean win in several weeks and Ambrose's first clean loss in god knows how long yet apparently Orton is constantly 'protected'. And he's in the title match at the next PPV - so he shouldn't be losing really.
    Yes maybe Orton shouldn't have faced Ambrose and instead faced and beat someone like Big E instead but hey the Ambrose match is much more interesting than say beating Big E in an obvious match result would've been plus the one loss for Ambrose isn't that big a deal for it to be a bad thing.

Also, the line about how WWE don't care about Ambrose since he lost his U.S Title is a load of baloney too - that title change was because Ambrose as champion had gone stale for a while since he didn't defend it and he was only beaten in kayfabe since he was in a battle royal against 'fresher superstars' the night after a 'war' with Evolution with the Shield and even then he got to the final 2. They couldn't have protected him much more in losing a title.
    Also, the line about Ziggler being a 'comedy character' is ridiculous and I'm not even going to start on the 'Distraction finish' stuff.
    I'm not a fan necessarily of superstars like Ambrose jobbing or distraction finishes but where are the alternatives from the writer?

Wow - quite the rant from me lol. But it's such a dire, miserable article lol :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BFGArmy wrote: »
    I agree on the tag division - it does seem to be on the decline again. There are (correct me if I'm wrong) now only 5 teams and two of them are Rybaxel and Los Matadores who should both be nowhere near the tag titles which leaves just The Dusts, Wyatts and Usos really as tag teams.
    WWE really should add some more teams - the Usos v Wyatts can only happen so much more and there are loads of directionless superstars who would benefit from tag teaming. Reform the Prime Time Players (why were they separated anyway as neither has gained from it), maybe make Big E and Ziggler a team or Swagger and Henry as a strongman face group maybe (thinking outside the box)?

As you say, it's very negative and in my view a load of rubbish.
    And much of it does just seem like 'my favourite lost so I'll whine' in tone. I can't really see how anyone can complain about Ambrose's booking - he has dominated Rollins throughout their feud so far and the only time Rollins has got an advantage was by winning MITB after having someone interfere on his behalf so Ambrose has been booked to look miles superior. Yet Ambrose loses one match clean (which to be honest is one match where he looked the equal of someone who is challenging for the title and so should be protected a little) and it's treated there as if he's been thoroughly buried. In my view one match result doesn't matter as much as the writer thinks it does, it's the overall story arc and how the superstar seems to be generally booked that matters and Ambrose
    has been booked brilliantly.

There were a number of lines that made me laugh too. The one about how WWE protect Orton and not Ambrose was one - as that's probably Orton's first clean win in several weeks and Ambrose's first clean loss in god knows how long yet apparently Orton is constantly 'protected'. Yes maybe Orton shouldn't have faced Ambrose and instead faced and beat someone like Big E instead but hey the Ambrose match is much more interesting than say beating Big E would've been plus the one loss for Ambrose isn't that big a deal for it to be a bad thing.

Also, the line about how WWE don't care about Ambrose since he lost his U.S Title is a load of baloney too - that title change was because Ambrose as champion had gone stale for a while since he didn't defend it and he was only beaten in kayfabe since he was in a battle royal against 'fresher superstars' the night after a 'war' with Evolution with the Shield and even then he got to the final 2. They couldn't have protected him much more in losing a title.
    Also, the line about Ziggler being a 'comedy character' is ridiculous and I'm not even going to start on the 'Distraction finish' stuff.
    I'm not a fan necessarily of superstars like Ambrose jobbing or distraction finishes but where are the alternatives from the writer?

Wow - quite the rant from me lol. :D

I concur
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Too many words! Not enough pictures. :cry:
  • Options
    BFGArmyBFGArmy Posts: 28,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From Lords of Pain:

That's worrying. How on earth can they vote for Yelly Yelly whose angry acting against Beth in 2011 after losing her title makes Brie's scared acting look Oscar-winning? She was basically looks and that was it.

Especially when the likes of Maryse, Eve Torres and Melina are alternatives and were all such brilliant characters. Melina 'played' the role of Queen bitch very well (though I'm not sure how much acting was needed) and Maryse was great at being a stuck-up, 'beautiful and she knows it' character (again not sure how much acting was involved).

Eve's 2012 reign too was one of my favourite Diva reigns of modern time - she was such a great heel (and it was the way Kaitlyn and Layla treated Eve who was just trying to look out for the best interest of all the Divas). :D

I'll definetely be voting to correct this injustice.
    Two new videos.

On the official WWE youtube channel, Brandi Rhodes (aka Eden) gives the WWE Universe a look at her life on the road - Video Blog

On WWE.com, Dolph Ziggler unboxes Mattel's WWE Slam City figures and Breakdown Assault Vault playset.

I did like that Brandi Rhodes video - I love behind-the-scenes stuff like that. I did especially like that bit on trying to keep to keep housekeeping quite by saying there was a 'baby in the room'. :D
This discussion has been closed.