Which Fire do you think Kirkwood did best?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 298
Forum Member
The Dog or The Vic?

Comments

• bass55bass55 Posts: 18,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Both were amazing, but the Dog was more effective (purely because so many people were killed - it was genuinely upsetting)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    i'm a big EE fan, but the dog fire episode was better i think
  • RainRain Posts: 9,688
    Forum Member
    The dog was sadder because people died, not just one or two either. Plus two were really popular characters.. and the way others died with all the body bags outside...

Was a good ep of EE though....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The dog - without a doubt! i cried for 2 and a half hours at tv that weeklol!
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,279
    Forum Member
    EastEnders queen vic.

Hollyoaks dog explosion was brilliant but i didn't like the horrible music and rewind scenes and im glad EastEnders didn't go with that
  • NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Both were Fantastic but ill have to go with The Dog.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,579
    Forum Member
    The Vic for graphics, stunt etc, but The Dog because of how many deaths and who died. When they rang Joes mobile and followed the sound to the bodybag and Mel and Sophie dying that was heartbreaking but the stunts were nowhere near as good as the Vic one :)
  • Dan SDan S Posts: 1,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    100% the Dog fire!!
    Much more drama and the deaths were sad :(
    The stunt was better too imo!
    The whole structure of the episode was brilliant, seeing the 5 bodybags at the start of the ep was ace!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to say that I thought the Hollyoaks fire was better, especially with the twins' deaths. I think that noone dying has made this is a bit of an anti-climax (unless Stacey dies tomorrow?)
  • Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The effects were better on EastEnders due to the bigger budget, but The Dog fire had a bigger effect on the show, with five regulars killed - so Hollyoaks wins for me.

This fire will be all forgotten in a few weeks. The only one who'll still be bleating on about it is Roxy.
  • vampirekvampirek Posts: 4,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In terms of the actual fire and build up then the Eastenders fire would win. In terms of aftermath, whilst unfair to even judge Eastenders on this seeing no aftermath has been seen it'll take some doing to beat the Hollyoaks fire which allowed new life into the program, allowed Justin to develop, the students were affected by it and so on. It wasn't over in a matter of weeks, which I could see happen with Eastenders. Little to no mention once the Vic is rebuilt.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 154
    Forum Member
    The Dog fire was something I didn't know was coming up, as I just happened to tune in as it led up to it happening and so continued to watch it and it's aftermath so I didn't feel so sad at characters dying.

The Vic fire I knew about and really enjoyed. But at least one death would have made it slightly more emotional rather than just the death of a building which will surely be up and running again by Halloween at the latest.

So, I'll have to say the Dog, but only because of the deaths and the drama they added to the full thing, especially with the body bags, etc.

Something tells me EE couldn't have gotten away with body bags lying out in the sqaure like they had in HO, it just isn't something I can see happening.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Dog easily! Didn't watch Hollyoaks at the time but tuned in to see it and was blown away.
  • Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,513
    Forum Member
    The Dog. That episode was so sad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Both were brillant, but Hollyoaks was sad because people died.
  • RainRain Posts: 9,688
    Forum Member
    Also when everyone was up stairs in the dog, when the really big bang happened... all the charatcers on level to were ripped to there feet, even though there was no flames upstairs.. the stunts were wicked...

Really thought that the moment in EE when someone got set on fire, the part where the upper bar fell on phil and when Stacey and Ryan blew off the ladder were really shocking and well done.
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both were epic, but The Dog had deaths, and I'm morbid so found it sadder.

The Stacey part was the best for me rather than the Phil/Peggy stuff, Pat's slap was brilliant! I also loved how Stacey half-sat up to tell Ryan the baby was his, then just decided to lay right back down and sleep on the pavement!
  • Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,513
    Forum Member
    Rain wrote: »
    Also when everyone was up stairs in the dog, when the really big bang happened... all the charatcers on level to were ripped to there feet, even though there was no flames upstairs.. the stunts were wicked...

Really thought that the moment in EE when someone got set on fire, the part where the upper bar fell on phil and when Stacey and Ryan blew off the ladder were really shocking and well done.

Ryan and Stacey being blown off the ladder was the best part of the stunt, IMO.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    The Dog for the horror I think :)
  • RiDsTeRRiDsTeR Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Imo they both are on there own levels. I watched the HO fire everytime it was repeated and it never got boring and so sad because of all of the deads, real tear jerker too!

Whereas, as of yet no one died in EE, and im not sure if I want to watch the omnibus LOL. But it was actually really dramatic and its certainly end of an era.

Without the death I think they aren't really comparable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,960
    Forum Member
    The Dog definately. I wasn't a big fan of Hollyoaks at that time, but that episode was brilliant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Dog wins by miles.

EastEnders, for me, didn't live up to the hype.

I'm doubting if the Hollyoaks fire will ever be beaten.
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All that build up and we only see half the queen vic collapse. Online articles suggested that we would see it all fall to the ground.

I just hope that was a dummy with it's jacket on fire! ;):D
  • c0boc0bo Posts: 6,468
    Forum Member
    The Dog or The Vic?

The Dog fire was so much better than that The Vic fire it was really crap. With the Dog fire it was more action based, more realistic, more drama, plenty of good acting, very emotional, there was deaths and live to it's hype. Where as with The Vic it was opposite but there was some good acting e.g. Ryan, Stacey and Phill.

That's my opinion please crucify me. :D
  • vampirekvampirek Posts: 4,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason100 wrote: »
    All that build up and we only see half the queen vic collapse. Online articles suggested that we would see it all fall to the ground.

I just hope that was a dummy with it's jacket on fire! ;):D

From the pictures of the aftermath, the whole place is burnt, inside is damaged but the structure of the building remains intact. No idea which articles you have seen, but those photos show the Vic itself only suffers for the majority indoors.