Things that you notice in HD

ustarionustarion Posts: 20,322
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Mark Austin's make-up on ITV News is awful.

Comments

• Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Generally people's bad skin, wrinkles and spots, especially in outside daylight scenes.
  • BungitinBungitin Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    David Dimbleby (QTime) looks far better in SD.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like that you can see the texture of surfaces alot better, especially things like clothes.

I've often seen tops that just look like a normal cotton top, but then you see them in HD and you can see a waffle texture.
  • wantoosoonwantoosoon Posts: 1,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not an HD thing, but watching Mary Poppins in SD on a large screen made me realise how horrible most people's teeth were back then.
  • Leanne_Blake1Leanne_Blake1 Posts: 1,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How lined Tracy Barlow and Chas Dingle are.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly, that it doesn't improve the quality of some programmes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eyebrows. Sometimes I think it might be possible to count the individual hairs.
  • Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The two things I first noticed were both sports related .
    Watching tennis you can see all the detail in the tennis court net :)
    Also in golf , at the driving tee , when all the crowd gather in front on either side of the pin , their faces are clearer and more noticeable .
  • davie1924davie1924 Posts: 2,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That it is so overrated?
  • Oicho ThrowOicho Throw Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Susanna Reid has quite a ferocious lady 'tache and a forehead vein like the Channel Tunnel.

From watching UFC on my mother's 50 inch flatscreen, I now know that when you get punched in the face your entire head undulates like a jelly, and even if you're the hardest man in the world you pull a kind of "stroppy baby" facial expression during it.
  • Twenty10Twenty10 Posts: 416
    Forum Member
    The first thing I noticed when watching in HD was that it wasn't significantly different to SD. Ok, a bit more detail, but nothing like all the hype surrounding it.
  • davie1924davie1924 Posts: 2,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Twenty10 wrote: »
    The first thing I noticed when watching in HD was that it wasn't significantly different to SD. Ok, a bit more detail, but nothing like all the hype surrounding it.
    I couldn't agree more, but you will get shot down in flames by the HD fascists on here for making such a statement!!
  • Peter the GreatPeter the Great Posts: 14,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And the first thing I noticed is how many people need an appointment to see specsavers urgently.
  • Oicho ThrowOicho Throw Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On David Dickinson you can see where "AJ + LM '69" has been inexpertly sanded out in HD. You can just about make out the ghosts that haunt Kylie Minogue's ovaries. Sometimes you can see the strings that operate Davina McCall. The look of naked terror at being found out is much more obvious in Alan Carr's eyes in HD. In HD the loathing between Richard and Judy manifests as a kind of greeny-purply band of colour distortion. In HD it's possible to see that Jeremy Paxman is, in fact, a shared hallucination we have had, as a nation. The Queen's twirly-whirly ****** wrist wave is even more pathetic in HD. The shadow of the Grim Reaper can be seen lurking in Strictly Come Dancing's orchestra bitty in HD. There's a reason Bruce tries not to go over there too much.
  • maycontainnutsmaycontainnuts Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Family Guy did a great take on this
    http://youtu.be/zctyYsicGPg
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bruce Forsyth's face....Susanna Reid's feet....

No I can't....
  • gasheadgashead Posts: 13,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That it doesn't do females any favours. Not enough make up shows the wrinkles, spots and facial hair. Too much make up shows the pits, patches and sweat.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davie1924 wrote: »
    That it is so overrated?

It really isn't over rated at all ! IMHO.

I won't even consider watching anything that isn't HD !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And the first thing I noticed is how many people need an appointment to see specsavers urgently.

Exactly. I actually wonder if some if these are using non HD tellies or have them set incorrectly . I can tell instantly if the wife has wandered unknowingly onto a normal substandard channel.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On David Dickinson you can see where "AJ + LM '69" has been inexpertly sanded out in HD. You can just about make out the ghosts that haunt Kylie Minogue's ovaries. Sometimes you can see the strings that operate Davina McCall. The look of naked terror at being found out is much more obvious in Alan Carr's eyes in HD. In HD the loathing between Richard and Judy manifests as a kind of greeny-purply band of colour distortion. In HD it's possible to see that Jeremy Paxman is, in fact, a shared hallucination we have had, as a nation. The Queen's twirly-whirly ****** wrist wave is even more pathetic in HD. The shadow of the Grim Reaper can be seen lurking in Strictly Come Dancing's orchestra bitty in HD. There's a reason Bruce tries not to go over there too much.

Nice work, very inventive :)
  • Panda EyesPanda Eyes Posts: 4,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I know right! The only significant difference for me is the sound quality, but there are volume buttons for that.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I notice quite a bit difference when watching on my 50 inch 1080P TV.
    On some smaller ones maybe not so much around 32 inch size.
    On football or concerts you can see the people in crowds far more.
  • boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davie1924 wrote: »
    That it is so overrated?

Real life isn't in SD, the move to TV in HD and beyond is just a natural progression
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,544
    Forum Member
    Zizu58 wrote: »
    The two things I first noticed were both sports related .
    Watching tennis you can see all the detail in the tennis court net :)
    Also in golf , at the driving tee , when all the crowd gather in front on either side of the pin , their faces are clearer and more noticeable .

I'd have thought the first things you noticed were women's nipples and the lusciousness of hair :p:D
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I notice quite a bit difference when watching on my 50 inch 1080P TV.
    On some smaller ones maybe not so much around 32 inch size.
    On football or concerts you can see the people in crowds far more.

Wait til you see the 4k picture quality. You will be able to see the crowds changing their minds. :D