Options

Kelly Brook retires from SCD (merged)

Comments

• Options
    MissKhimMissKhim Posts: 298
    Forum Member
    Don't get me wrong or I don't mean this rude, but I can understand that she isn't able to dance, but what can you do right now. Her dad has been passed away and you have to wait for the funeral and after that, life goes on. It's a pitty, but I can understand that she quit, at another side I would be carry on.

Poor Brendan, it isn't easy for him too. :cry:
    I hope that he has next year more luck.
  • Options
    nancy1975nancy1975 Posts: 19,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Possibly her first feeling would have been that it would have been therapeutic in a sense to carry on and focus on something outside but the reality would have hit home and it would have been just too difficult.
  • Options
    claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BMLisa wrote: »
    IMO they should bring back John for a week, as he was in the botom with Kelly! He will only get voted out again this week!

Think it'd be a bit much asking him to learn two dances with less than 24 hrs to go!

No I strongly suspect they'll just carry on as normal to another 2 couple final (but not 5 dances each again please!)

I don't think Kelly had much of a chance of winning it but when she was good on the dance floor she was entertaining and it's a pity we'll see no more.
  • Options
    lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They were my favourites.
  • Options
    Chilli DragonChilli Dragon Posts: 24,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor girl. She obviously doesn't feel up to it, and who can blame her? Please let there be no evictions this week.
  • Options
    BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What would be nice is if her and Brendan come back for the Xmas special, they could do the AS minus the illegal lift get four tens, and win the Xmas special on the audience vote!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The BBC carries the news as well: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7121185.stm
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,449
    Forum Member
    nancy1975 wrote: »
    Possibly her first feeling would have been that it would have been therapeutic in a sense to carry on and focus on something outside but the reality would have hit home and it would have been just too difficult.

I think that's exactly right - I had an important thing to do at work that I swore I would be able to do on the same day my mum was having an op for her cancer. It got to the morning and I just couldn't do it - you think you can carry on but it's too hard
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clonion wrote: »
    If it is true, I don't blame her. I think a lot of press would have implicitly described her as a bit of a cold-hearted bitch if she had been able to go out there and perform.

I think it's more likely she would have been labelled 'plucky' rather than anything negative.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don;t blame her- having to deal with the sympathy live on air would have been so difficult- as I said elsewhere when people are being lovely to you is when you tend to lose it:cry:

I have to say that I have really enjoyed her performances.

With regard to the show- I think that someone should go at this late stage- if Kelly couldn't earn a bye then why should any of the others- the Beeb have time to adapt the final format
  • Options
    PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awwww, that's a shame :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont know Kellys family set up but even if she felt she could do it . If her Mum (assume she has one) or other family need her its where she should be.
  • Options
    Chilli DragonChilli Dragon Posts: 24,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don;t blame her- having to deal with the sympathy live on air would have been so difficult- as I said elsewhere when people are being lovely to you is when you tend to lose it:cry:

I have to say that I have really enjoyed her performances.

With regard to the show- I think that someone should go at this late stage- if Kelly couldn't earn a bye then why should any of the others- the Beeb have time to adapt the final format

They could easily carry the votes over to next week and do like an aggregate score, then no one has to leave...it means no results show but they could do a 'recap' show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    claire2281 wrote: »
    I think it's more likely she would have been labelled 'plucky' rather than anything negative.

It's what I hope would happen, but I just can't help but feel that there are some people who would wish to criticise, however veiled. Seems to be the nature of the press at the moment.

I hope that she can have a bit of a showcase on the final night. 5 dances is a bit silly, and I think she deserves more than 15 seconds flitting across the floor. Would love to see her American Smooth again when it wouldn't matter about the number of lifts.
  • Options
    MissKhimMissKhim Posts: 298
    Forum Member
    Sad to see her go. Keep your head up Kelly!
  • Options
    GlinnyGlinny Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gill P wrote: »
    I am surprised by this news. I only read a little while ago that she had vowed to continue in her father's honour. Poor Kelly and her family.

I think at the time she probably did mean this but when it actually came to doing it it was a lot lot harder. Bless her!

I know exactly how she is feeling as I lost my Dad last year and am still trying to come to terms with it. My heart goes out to her and her family.
  • Options
    nancy1975nancy1975 Posts: 19,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clonion wrote: »
    It's what I hope would happen, but I just can't help but feel that there are some people who would wish to criticise, however veiled. Seems to be the nature of the press at the moment.

I hope that she can have a bit of a showcase on the final night. 5 dances is a bit silly, and I think she deserves more than 15 seconds flitting across the floor. Would love to see her American Smooth again when it wouldn't matter about the number of lifts.

That would be fantastic, and I think she does deserve a longer time.
  • Options
    Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    It says on the BBC News site that the final will now be two couples instead of the usual three.

It's a shame Kelly can't carry on next week. What they did on DWTS when someone couldn't take part one week was to give them 1 point from the judges, and left it up to the public whether they voted them in or not.

Either that or when it comes to the dance off on Sunday they should end up by saying no-one actually leaves this week. Then they'd end up with 3 in the final which would make a better programme.

However, having said that, I do understand why Kelly felt she couldn't carry on. She was probably ok in training with Brendan but getting to the big studio and being with everyone else was probably just too much for her. :(

I hope she manages to do the Christmas Special.
  • Options
    GirlfromEireannGirlfromEireann Posts: 4,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a pity that's Kelly has had to pull out. I'm sure she'd love to dance in memory of her dad, whom she obviously adored.

However, what one wants to do and what one can do are two totally different things. It would be far worse if she said that she was going to dance and then got to the studio or even on the floor on Saturday and was unable to. At least by doing it now, it gives the producers time to reschedule things.

Emotions are very complex and I know from losing my grandmother, to whom I was very close - one minute you can be fine and the next thing you are reduced to a blubbering wreck. Seeing someone have a meltdown etc on t.v. would not be pleasant.
  • Options
    musicangelmusicangel Posts: 7,164
    Forum Member
    I wonder why ITT announced she would be continuing yesterday then?

Im still confused

But either way I hope shes ok.

Would have loved to have seen her dance once more! :)
  • Options
    dottiepdottiep Posts: 1,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BMLisa wrote: »
    What would be nice is if her and Brendan come back for the Xmas special, they could do the AS minus the illegal lift get four tens, and win the Xmas special on the audience vote!

Now, there's a lovely thought.:)
  • Options
    PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    musicangel wrote: »

Im still confused

Would have loved to have seen her dance once more! :)

Because yesterday she still planned on continuing? And today she doesn't?
  • Options
    laineythenomadlaineythenomad Posts: 3,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a shame. I'm not a big fan of Kelly's but it's sad to see her go, especially under these circumstances.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    musicangel wrote: »

Im still confused

I would suggest that simply because yesterday she was still going to do it but when she went into studio rehearsals today she decided she couldn't.
  • Options
    ErinfanErinfan Posts: 8,027
    Forum Member
    Kelly was never my favourite, but I'm sad to see her leave the competition in this way. My thoughts are genuinely with her at this difficult time and I respect her for even attempting to carry on at the beginning of the week. It is always much more difficult when the loss begins to sink in.

Like others, I hope that she returns for the christmas special.

Also huge commiserations to Brendan, who must be gutted.