Options

Was Alex really that uncomfortable with the Cross Dressing?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,437
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've not seen any footage so I'm going off the news items on DS which aren't always the most balanced, but even before the argument with Mohamed it seemed that Alex is really really uncomfortable with the idea of people cross-dressing - which seems odd when in the context of the party it was just a bit of fun!

Can anyone who watched the live feed confirm if this was the case? Oh and who looked best?

Comments

• Options
    mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    GerriP wrote: »
    I've not seen any footage so I'm going off the news items on DS which aren't always the most balanced, but even before the argument with Mohamed it seemed that Alex is really really uncomfortable with the idea of people cross-dressing - which seems odd when in the context of the party it was just a bit of fun!

Can anyone who watched the live feed confirm if this was the case? Oh and who looked best?

What was hilarous was the fact that it was all for fun and #Alex could n ot see that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 356
    Forum Member
    getting a bit tired of the hms not bothering to get involved, its about time the prison section came out and those that never got involved in the party spent some time in there to think about their actions and their non-contribution to the group and the big brother experience.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mitacond wrote: »
    What was hilarous was the fact that it was all for fun and #Alex could n ot see that.

Alex sees herself as in control of the house. She's done her full on intimidating - she's terrified, most of them, she's moved into undermining them now.

Mo is her prime target for breaking at the moment - through him she gets to Rex, but discredits a whole group on the way (muslim men). She had to refuse, because its not her style to relax an iota of her power and it gave her a great opportunity to continue her bullying of Mo.

Mario also had issues about being seen as an idiot - he too believes he has a position to maintain but he succumbed in the end uncomfortably.
  • Options
    MadgeMadge Posts: 6,492
    Forum Member
    Alex doesn't like it when people have fun.
  • Options
    tomorrowtomorrow Posts: 32,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently its something to do with the Muslim religion (according to one of the papers I looked at).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madge wrote: »
    Alex doesn't like it when people have fun.

Alex doesn't know how to have fun.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 356
    Forum Member
    Spiky1 wrote: »
    Alex doesn't know how to have fun.

her kid proves otherwise......;)
  • Options
    KewpeeKewpee Posts: 50,976
    Forum Member
    Whether she was really uncomfortable or not, it was a convenient stick to bea Mo with...:rolleyes:
  • Options
    jojo the joyfuljojo the joyful Posts: 17,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tomorrow wrote: »
    Apparently its something to do with the Muslim religion (according to one of the papers I looked at).

Dressing & modesty is part of their religion, as in anti homosexualism.

However it is the Bible that states against cross dressing :eek:

(Actually that is just one interpretation of what it means,)

Something like a Man shouldn't wear what belongs to a woman & a woman shouldn't wear what belongs to a man.

So may be she is converting back again :confused:
  • Options
    MadgeMadge Posts: 6,492
    Forum Member
    I think what she was really uncomfortable with was that people were having a laugh and a bit of fun.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she just likes the attention she gets from not participating in things.
  • Options
    You_moYou_mo Posts: 11,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These things are why I don't see her as a good HM. She's got an attitude which can be good entertainment but she has nothing else. BB isn't ALL about screaming rants for me, I like to see the flirting, fun and laughs too.
  • Options
    What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dressing & modesty is part of their religion, as in anti homosexualism.

However it is the Bible that states against cross dressing :eek:

(Actually that is just one interpretation of what it means,)

Something like a Man shouldn't wear what belongs to a woman & a woman shouldn't wear what belongs to a man.

So may be she is converting back again :confused:

Actually it is both xtianity and islam (and a few others) that are against cross dressing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    erniebert wrote: »
    I think she just likes the attention she gets from not participating in things.

Haven't seen the footage but I reckon you are right - she just likes to be centre of attention. Since everyone else was joining in she was opposed to it. If they hadn't wanted to do it you can be sure she would have been up for it!
  • Options
    susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually it is both xtianity and islam (and a few others) that are against cross dressing.

I don't watch much this year, but does Alex ever wear jeans? Because if she's going to get on her high horse about cross-dressing, she certainly shouldn't be!

I only know about Judaism, and they also are against cross-dressing, but they get round it when the girls put on plays by adapting women's clothes to look like men's - so you get something more like a divided skirt instead of trousers if they're playing men. There's always a get-out clause somewhere!
  • Options
    You_moYou_mo Posts: 11,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder what her views on kilts are?
  • Options
    BorefestBorefest Posts: 9,557
    Forum Member
    what about unmarried mothers at 15 how dose that go down and how did Alexs mum feel about that???????
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont think Alex has a problem with cross dressing.

She just knows BB will be showing us these bit so plays up for it.

Take a look at the tasks, Alex has allways quits or has gone on one knowing BB would be showing this same with the party and the wedding.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tomorrow wrote: »

Yes, but you can't be a lapsed Muslim (as I thought Alex was), and then decide on what rules you want to play by. Fair enough if she was "observant", but quite clearly she isn't or she wouldn't be so nasty to people.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's interesting that she pick and chooses what she does and doesn't want to believe in concerning the Muslim 'rules'.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure God isn't fussed about people wearing different clothes.

Its those who interpret the religion, namely men who have an issue with it!

God has more important things to think about. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ujala3a wrote: »
    I'm sure God isn't fussed about people wearing different clothes.

Its those who interpret the religion, namely men who have an issue with it!

God has more important things to think about. ;-)

I'm sure she has! :D I wonder what sort of gear Supreme Beings go in for these days?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Borefest wrote: »
    what about unmarried mothers at 15 how dose that go down and how did Alexs mum feel about that???????

Ah but she has converted since then, so she's allowed to get on her high horse now.

I am of course being sarcastic