Does Joe's Vibarato want to make you punch someone?

2»

Comments

• chimpochimpo Posts: 958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    YEEEEEEEEEES! Him.... the judges....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Actually... now that you say it... I don't like it either... I've noticed since the beginning, but I thought I was the only who didn't like it.
    He's good though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not as bad as it has been. It's getting a bit softer. But someone at his college should have had words with him a long time ago.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tigerpaws wrote: »
    My god its just too much and annoys the crap out of me.
    Who the **** are these judges are they morons or what?

Not at all. Listen to Joe's big notes on both songs last night and then Stacey's and Danyl's and you will see how vibrato contributes towards preventing a big note turning into a shout.

The one thing I dislike about the voice of my all-time favourite singer is that it has no vibrato.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been saying this for months. He does it at the end of every line and it actually winds me up so much i want to throw something at the tv. It's awful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The title to this thread doesn't make sense.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    he has toned it down considerably since the auditions. he's much better at controlling his voice now and i think he is improving.
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    I don't think it's as bad as it used to be.

Vibrato is not always intentional though - sometimes it can be lack of control, which I definitely think was the case with Joe, but he seems to have gained a certain control over his voice as the weeks have progressed and I've found I like his voice a lot more than I used to.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Joe's voice:)

The voice that got to me was Eoghan last year - especially when he went for the big notes:o
  • amelie74amelie74 Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    It would take more than a vibrato to make me want to punch anyone!!

However I'm not a Joe fan. He's probably got the best vocal technique and is the most consistent performer but his voice bores me. Also sometimes (to me) he sounds like a female artist. I like my male singers deeper and sexier!!

Joe has been good throughout but I've seen no development or improvement. He is what he is and imo has little scope to extend his range.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he has toned it down considerably since the auditions. he's much better at controlling his voice now and i think he is improving.

I he's improving, it's too little too late. It's so annoying.
    Forum Member
    chimpo wrote: »
    I he's improving, it's too little too late. It's so annoying.

He's been improving ever since the 1st live show, how's that too late? And go listen to his Queen week performance - basically no vibrato whatsoever, he controlled his voice there beautifully. I'm no fan of his, but to slam him because one doesn't like the use of vibrato is pointless, especially since he's been using it less and less.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's been improving ever since the 1st live show, how's that too late? And go listen to his Queen week performance - basically no vibrato whatsoever, he controlled his voice there beautifully. I'm no fan of his, but to slam him because one doesn't like the use of vibrato is pointless, especially since he's been using it less and less.

I think you'll find he does it at the end of every single line.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the beginning of the live shows he used to do vibrato for virtually the whole song (which I liked btw) but now he holds on the long notes for long time before breaking into the vibrato at the end, which sounds even more gorgeous. That long note in SSTBTHW was just beautiful
  • HermanazoHermanazo Posts: 2,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vibrato > Out of Tune. He's doing it less and less, while "others" are still stuck in outoftuneness country...
    Forum Member
    I think you'll find he does it at the end of every single line.

Performance you're talking about?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Performance you're talking about?
    ALL OF THEM
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. Joe's vibrato makes me want to stare at the screen even more and watch him sing. He's an utter star.
    Forum Member
    ALL OF THEM

Well, as I said, go back to his Queen Week performance. You obviously didn't.
  • gkabcgkabc Posts: 2,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am done with the X Factor. Joe's vibrato, John and Edward's nonsense, and their masses of mindless fans who think these three tits are apparently actually talented, has ended this Karaoke contest on my television.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gkabc wrote: »
    I am done with the X Factor. Joe's vibrato, John and Edward's nonsense, and their masses of mindless fans who think these three tits are apparently actually talented, has ended this Karaoke contest on my television.
    You could always relax with a glass of Sherry and watch back your recording of Panorama :cool: