Options

Celebrities for 2013?

Comments

• Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Well, we have our 'men of a certain age' for this series, then. That's assuming we won't be hearing rumours of Christopher Lee, Jack Straw and Ban-ki moon in the next few weeks!
  • Options
    dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't watch Bond movies so haven't really heard of Fiona and same to Tony, but hey, always up for new rumours!
  • Options
    PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member

Thanks Stig!!
    Hadnt heard of either before... sorry my disinterest in Roger Moore as Bond.... :p:D ... and not a golf person....
    But happy if these are the first sign ups... shame about Teri though... I was really hoping she would be participating this year...but hey ho... :) ... Roll on 12th August for now.... ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm still holding out hope for Teri, unless it really has fallen through. Fiona seems a little 'last minute' to me, especially after the idea of Dave replacing Paul came around. (or perhaps she's just this year's Jimi Mistry/Colin Salmon. Who knows?)
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Pashulty wrote: »
    Thanks Stig!!
    Hadnt heard of either before... sorry my disinterest in Roger Moore as Bond.... :p:D ... and not a golf person....
    But happy if these are the first sign ups... shame about Teri though... I was really hoping she would be participating this year...but hey ho... :) ... Roll on 12th August for now.... ;)

There's nothing to say Teri won't still be there!

They've had two Footballers Wives and two EastEnders, so they might get two Bond girls and bill it as a "Battle of the Bond Babes" (or something equally as sexist and demonstrative!)

We've had a non-Brit every year since 2009, so there's always a chance she could still be in the line-up!

My favourite ever Bond girl is Jane Seymour, and she already did DWTS. I truly believe Teri will be in the line-up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I can see the pairings of the two newbies being...

Fiona & Anton
    Tony & Janette
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Fiona Fullerton has less followers than me on Twitter.

Does that mean my fanbase is officially bigger?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Fingers crossed for Teri then... :)
    Please please please... I will be less pervy about a certain Russian if she does join SCD this year... :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I can see the pairings of the two newbies being...

Fiona & Anton
    Tony & Janette

I think Tony would be better with Kristina... :)
  • Options
    Forum Member

It means you're qualified for Celebrity Big Brother, that's what.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think Tony would be better with Kristina... :)

I'd prefer Dave with Kristina as we've seen that she can do quite 'fun' routines. And who knows, Tony could just be rather light on his feet!*

*he probably won't be
  • Options
    Forum Member

It means you're qualified for Celebrity Big Brother, that's what.

:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'd prefer Dave with Kristina as we've seen that she can do quite 'fun' routines. And who knows, Tony could just be rather light on his feet!*

*he probably won't be

Yeah that would be a good pairing as well.. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There's nothing to say Teri won't still be there!

I know that the Daily Mail isn't the most trustworthy of sources, but there's something about the article that gives me the impression that Teri's turned them down.

"Fiona brings some Hollywood glamour to this year’s line-up"

"She will be the only Bond girl to date to take part in BBC1's hit programme Strictly Come Dancing, which is now on its 11th series"

I do think we have the potential for another Cherie Lunghi here, though. That would certainly justify the slightly middle-of-the-road signing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I know that the Daily Mail isn't the most trustworthy of sources, but there's something about the article that gives me the impression that Teri's turned them down.

"Fiona brings some Hollywood glamour to this year’s line-up"

"She will be the only Bond girl to date to take part in BBC1's hit programme Strictly Come Dancing, which is now on its 11th series"

I do think we have the potential for another Cherie Lunghi here, though. That would certainly justify the slightly middle-of-the-road signing.

:(:(:cry:cry::cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh no!

You're probably right. They more than likely decided to cast a Bond girl and were turned down until they ended up with Fiona.

If she's classy, can dance and has a good attitude, she'll be a more than worthy replacement. They will need two or three "big names" in the cast to get press attention. Last year, our first three confirmed were Lisa Riley, Richard Arnold & Johnny Ball- with the bigger names to follow!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    In other news, I'm sure we'll get a Dr Who person, what with the re-generation and landmark anniversary.

Maybe time to start looking at companions from years gone by or well known guest stars!

EDIT-

Also, why are loads of Girls Aloud fans on Twitter saying that another member is signed up for this years show?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh no!

You're probably right. They more than likely decided to cast a Bond girl and were turned down until they ended up with Fiona.

If she's classy, can dance and has a good attitude, she'll be a more than worthy replacement. They will need two or three "big names" in the cast to get press attention. Last year, our first three confirmed were Lisa Riley, Richard Arnold & Johnny Ball- with the bigger names to follow!

BIB... at the end of the day that's what pulls audience... so yes... that's good.... :)
    Now just waiting for the other names to be leaked/revealed.. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BIB... at the end of the day that's what pulls audience... so yes... that's good.... :)
    Now just waiting for the other names to be leaked/revealed.. :D

Looking like quite a varied cast so far, of the five names (discounting Teri, but still hopeful) we have an Actress, a Golfer, a Food Writer, a Model and a Swimmer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    In other news, I'm sure we'll get a Dr Who person, what with the re-generation and landmark anniversary.

Maybe time to start looking at companions from years gone by or well known guest stars!

EDIT-

Also, why are loads of Girls Aloud fans on Twitter saying that another member is signed up for this years show?

Please noooo..... But I think Nicola was mentioned/whispered somewhere and the fans have picked up on that and once that happens twitter goes into meltdown..... :rolleyes::p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    IAlso, why are loads of Girls Aloud fans on Twitter saying that another member is signed up for this years show?

I wouldn't worry - they're Girls Aloud fans. They probably don't share a brain cell between them, never mind psychic ability.

(apologies to any intelligent Girls Aloud fans...)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Looking like quite a varied cast so far, of the five names (discounting Teri, but still hopeful) we have an Actress, a Golfer, a Food Writer, a Model and a Swimmer.

CHEF!!!!!!

No, I'm not starting that one off again...
  • Options
    footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,214
    Forum Member

Fiona was in A view to a Kill - played a villainess. She was also in Angels too. I don't think she is very tall - approximately 5ft 6 or 5ft 7 - maybe one for Anton

Tony is 5ft 9 - so could go with Janette, Kristina or Ola
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Please don't start off again... its still a couple of months to the actual show... everyone will have loads to argue about then...:rolleyes:;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Please don't start off again... its still a couple of months to the actual show... everyone will have loads to argue about then...:rolleyes:;)

Two months to the day, in fact, if it follows the same dates as last year.

And we're only five weeks odd away from the launch show!
This discussion has been closed.