Homeland on Ch4 (UK Pace) - No Spoilers! (Part 2)

Comments

• Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I missed that, what was Saul sorry for?
  • dirty dingusdirty dingus Posts: 2,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is carrie hanging out with the ghost of donald plesance
  • allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    squadge wrote: »
    Hello CIA it is pronounced RamSTINE not RAMSTEEN. Ramstein....as if the head of the CIA would not know how to pronounce a US base in Germany that is the size of a small city.

The CIA talk American and that is how they would pronounce it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    I missed that, what was Saul sorry for?

For Brodie being captured and not being able to stop him from being hanged
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    OffTheCuff wrote: »
    For Brodie being captured and not being able to stop him from being hanged

Ah right, I see. Thanks
  • allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Horrible. Just horrible.
  • squadgesquadge Posts: 1,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allie4 wrote: »
    The CIA talk American and that is how they would pronounce it.

no. they wouldn't. The US base there is HUGE. Size of a large town or small city. The US people who have been there or in contact pronounce it correctly. That is why it jarred.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    allie4 wrote: »
    Horrible. Just horrible.

totally
  • plattyplatty Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This baby business is bollox >:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So who was the mole then ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has this been given a 4th series? Thought there might have been a big reveal or cliff hanger, it just seemed to peter out.
  • squadgesquadge Posts: 1,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    meh....
  • solaresolare Posts: 11,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has this been given a 4th series? Thought there might have been a big reveal or cliff hanger, it just seemed to peter out.
    Yes - there is to be a fourth series but I think it was not decided until after series three had been filmed, so that's probably why there was no cliffhanger or twist at the end.

Will miss Brody, even though it was clear he really had to die. A great character.
  • PpuncherPpuncher Posts: 294
    Forum Member
    Enjoyed this series. Allow myself to suspend disbelief a little and there was some really good stuff in it. Brody had to go there was no where for his character to go afterwards. Wife was in tears bless.
  • slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even more preposterous than usual - Brody just walks out of the front door after killing Akbari?!? - but actually this turned inmto a fitting end to Brody's story, as he gains his own redemption at last.

Even so, the victories - such as they are - are largely Pyrrhic. Brody finds peace in death. Carrie gets her dream promotion, but loses the father of a child she doesn't really want. Saul pulls off a remarkable triumph but cannot be recognised publicly and ends up sacked.

Did I like the ending? Yes. It sets up a radical reboot for season 4. It may end up being a disaster, but the writers have done the right thing in stepping away from a love story which had outlived its welcome and give us the chance to see something new.

This nearly - not quite but nearly - made up for the plodding opening episodes. But ultimately even a strong finish doesn't bring season 3 anywhere near season 1 in terms of quality. But I think it did enough to warrant one more shot.

My review:
    http://slouchingtowardstv.com/2013/12/22/homeland-s3-ep12-the-star/
  • Darth-HabibDarth-Habib Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    Anyone else think Brody is still alive?

An Iranian man who was found alive in a morgue after a botched execution will not be hanged for a second time.

Iran has decided to spare the life of convicted drug trafficker, identified only as Alireza M, following calls from within Iran and appeals from international rights groups against a second execution.

http://news.sky.com/story/1158601/iran-execution-survivor-saved-from-hanging
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    solare wrote: »
    Yes - there is to be a fourth series but I think it was not decided until after series three had been filmed, so that's probably why there was no cliffhanger or twist at the end.

Will miss Brody, even though it was clear he probably had to die. A great character.

Cheers for that. Don't know if I will carry on watching it, as I just don't have any interest in Carrie
    . Was hoping that Saul might have been revealed to be a double agent due to his failing the lie detector in season 1. They just seemed to bin the mole plot line.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else think Brody is still alive?

I think Homeland has got so ridiculous that I wouldn't put it past them to have a fake hanging.

Brody turns up in S4 with a new face.
  • Jenny_SawyerJenny_Sawyer Posts: 12,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    platty wrote: »
    This baby business is bollox >:(

Absolutely, she should have/would have had an abortion, hopefully she'll give it up for adoption, though I'm assuming that there won't be a 4th season - so we'll never know.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely, she should have/would have had an abortion, hopefully she'll give it up for adoption, though I'm assuming that there won't be a 4th season - so we'll never know.
    4th season confirmed back in October.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes Brody could have been not actually dead, I'm not really sure how hanging works, if I remember rightly we saw him stop moving which I take to mean dead; I don't know but don't think Homeland can continue without Brody & shouldn't continue IMO.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    4th season confirmed back in October.

Well they'll have to come up with something pretty spectacular.
  • ChrissieAOChrissieAO Posts: 5,143
    Forum Member
    Ppuncher wrote: »
    Enjoyed this series. Allow myself to suspend disbelief a little and there was some really good stuff in it. Brody had to go there was no where for his character to go afterwards. Wife was in tears bless.

Someone else actually thought this final episode was really sad...glad I am not quite alone...
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes Brody could have been not actually dead, I'm not really sure how hanging works, if I remember rightly we saw him stop moving which I take to mean dead; I don't know but don't think Homeland can continue without Brody & shouldn't continue IMO.

There are two main ways that hanging works.

1. By strangling the person so that they can not breath.

2. By breaking the neck with the fall.

In Homeland Brody was strangled to death, which could be faked.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course, I don't know 100% for sure, but ... No. Absolutely not. The whole point of this season was to get us used to life after Brody. In the final few episodes - and in the finale in particular - it was spelt out as clear as day all the reasons why Brody could never return to the US and live anything approaching a normal life.

I'm pretty sure the writers know that to bring Brody back in any form would be akin to Bobby Ewing in the shower in Dallas. They have stretched our credulity a lot in stringing the Brody story out this long. They won't test our patience any further. They've moved on.