vista and IE version 9

zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
Forum Member
✭✭
HI according to people and popular opinion i have the latest version of internet explorer for VISTA version 9.. now can i download say version 10, and should i and would it work properly??? any help thanks..

Comments

• Mr DosMr Dos Posts: 3,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IE9 is the highest you can go on Vista. End of support for Vista is April 11 2017, so you'll get a few more years out of it. If you need a newer browser, the latest Firefox runs on Vista.
  • zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr Dos wrote: »
    IE9 is the highest you can go on Vista. End of support for Vista is April 11 2017, so you'll get a few more years out of it. If you need a newer browser, the latest Firefox runs on Vista.

thanks.. i have mostly gone to Google chrome. as it is easier for my gmail.
  • LoobsterLoobster Posts: 11,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think I know anyone who uses IE as their primary browser anymore.

Sometimes in a business setting you just have to use it for some sites, since for some reason some business websites code mainly for IE, and won't support you on anything else. These websites are usually way behind on coding for the latest browsers too. I have a 25-workstation customer who accesses a food supply website to order food for their restaurant chain, and it doesn't work properly with anything but IE 8 or IE 9. When we deploy a new [7 Pro] computer to their network we have to uninstall IE 10 from the Dell pre-loaded system, which rolls back to 8, then we upgrade it to 9 and hide IE10 and IE11 from being available updates.
  • StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have stuck with IE at home and in the the office up until now. However, I find more incompatibility problems with IE11 than in previous versions. Perhaps developers just don't have IE as a priority when designing sites anymore.

I'm on the verge of a switch to Chrome.