best looking women in music

Comments

• Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I'm in the same age group, and hate it when idiots try to reduce me to their lowest common denominator. Recently having the fine fortune to get Kate Bush tickets, I was told gleefully by a young oaf that 'she doesn't look the same as she did at 19.' As if I was going to be stunned by this useless info, and rip up my tickets in disgust!

I share your fortune!! I also managed to get tickets.

I agree with your sentiments. For me it is always about the music. Sharon Den Adel, for example, is stunningly beautiful, but if she could barely hold a note Within Temptation would have no interest for me at all. That is why I listen to music via CD or vinyl, rather than watch Youtube.
  • DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,277
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another vote here for Alison Krauss

Leona Lewis - who looks good and can sing as well!
  • nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    I share your fortune!! I also managed to get tickets.

Have you actually received them yet? Not at all sure when Eventim are supposed to be posting the gold dust. BTW, I have already been offered £250 each for my tickets, but not tempted at all. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity, and one that I thought would never come.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katy Perry looks good but cant really sing
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    I have met Liv Kristine a couple of times and she is a lovely lady. She is very pretty but very down to earth and always takes time out to speak to fans at their gigs. She certainly wouldn't consider charging a fortune for a 2 second "meet-and-greet".

Who said anything about Meet & Greets? :confused: I was just pointing out what corsets can do. I like Leaves Eyes.
  • girlinstaticgirlinstatic Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hayley Williams and LIGHTS.
  • BluesTrainRadioBluesTrainRadio Posts: 990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chantel McGregor is lovely to look at AND is an awesome guitar player:
    http://chantelmcgregor.com/gallery.html

Jo Harman - an amazing voice, one of the best female vocalists anywhere, on the rise as well and looks fine!
    http://joharman.com/image-gallery
  • bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Hope Sandoval
    Amy McDonald
    Melanie Safka
  • crazymonkcrazymonk Posts: 1,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anastacia is a total babe.
  • Fish Go DeepFish Go Deep Posts: 4,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how has nobody mentioned Rihanna?

the complete package
  • mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,456
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    how has nobody mentioned Rihanna?

the complete package

Yeah, she's cute but not as cute as Lauryn Hill or Mary J Blige. They really are complete.
  • Mega_BoredMega_Bored Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    Kelly Clarkson without a doubt. Natural beauty.
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Holly Valance
  • DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,277
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carrie Underwood
  • Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In their heyday I would say:-

Olivia Newton-John
    Agnetha Faltskog
    Crystal Gayle
    Susanna Hoffs (The Bangles)
    Vanessa Paradis
    Debbie Harry
  • Fiddly_FeltzFiddly_Feltz Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Debbie Harry during the Blondie Heyday and Rochelle, Molly and Una off of The Saturdays.
  • warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michelle Phillips from The Mamas & Papas.
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    I was also at their London gig and, whilst it was probably said tongue-in-cheek, it wasn't true. There was, as at any rock gig, a wide spectrum of ages but the male to female ratio was @ 50/50.

However as a 51 year old man I do object to the often seen, and very patronising, suggestion someone of my age would only go to see a band like Within Temptation for a bit of flesh. I'm referring to the forum reply, of course. :)

You know what, I hadn't even thought of it like that! :blush: I was reading it as confirmation of the 50/50 male/female fan demographic. Looking at it again, it does seem rather patronising, doesn't it.

Ageism towards music fans is annoying, isn't it? I can imagine that's just as irritating as people assuming that I must be into easy listening stuff like Michael Buble, or whatever, just because I'm a middle aged woman. Gah!
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some posts above seem to be saying Susanna Hoffs isn't very good looking these days.

If that is what they mean, I disagree: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gWTOD0RKpc

Anyway, Jessica Veronica, Carole Laure
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aimee Mann
  • Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Electra wrote: »
    You know what, I hadn't even thought of it like that! :blush: I was reading it as confirmation of the 50/50 male/female fan demographic. Looking at it again, it does seem rather patronising, doesn't it.

Ageism towards music fans is annoying, isn't it? I can imagine that's just as irritating as people assuming that I must be into easy listening stuff like Michael Buble, or whatever, just because I'm a middle aged woman. Gah!

That is why I made reference to the forum reply, as I knew you didn't mean it like that. :)

I agree, it is patronising. There is no reason why any form of music shouldn't appeal to all ages.
  • Pippa2012Pippa2012 Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kylie Minogue
  • dofferdoffer Posts: 2,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Veri wrote: »
    Aimee Mann

There's definitely something about Aimee.
  • MarcusjllMarcusjll Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mariah Carey in mid/late nineties
  • Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christina Aguilera and Beyonce. Madonna at times.

Show me a link to a pic of Madonna looking good !

:)