Options

Scottish Fitba Thread (Part 22)

Comments

• Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    timboy wrote: »
    He was a strange appointment in the first place.
    Agree. Reckon Billy Stark will get the job.
  • Options
    timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark. wrote: »
    It wouldn't surprise me if they appoint from within again. Maybe a solution to Jim Goodwin's almost perma-ban is to put him into a managerial role.

:o:o

Poor jenzie and indi if that happens.
  • Options
    FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    7 league wins on the spin says something different Francis.

Did you miss the 'worst league in the world' part, timmy? Supposedly the best pressing team in Europe (:D) hammered you at your place.
    Poor Francis is now seeing things that aren't being written. You'd better get along to SpecSavers.

So you condemn it? Good to know.
    You already know my opinion on these two so why you felt the need to post that shite is anyones guess.

Oh wait you don't love their 'banter' then? Why not?
  • Options
    bhoy07bhoy07 Posts: 25,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KennyShiels has applied for the Motherwell job - so expect him to turn up at St Mirren with his CV.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    bhoy07 wrote: »
    KennyShiels has applied for the Motherwell job - so expect him to turn up at St Mirren with his CV.

Please noooo !!! :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you miss the 'worst league in the world' part, timmy?

Yes, because it was obviously a load of shite and a piss poor attempt at winding folk up.
    So you condemn it? Good to know.

Yes, I condemn the vandalism of the ground of another club.
    Oh wait you don't love their 'banter' then? Why not?

I think I've explained that before.
    indiana44 wrote: »
    Please noooo !!! :o

:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Celtic resting players today makes the 23/20 available on Dinamo Zagreb look like great value.
  • Options
    Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scottish Cup TV games:

Saturday 7th:

Dundee v Celtic, 12.30, Sky

Sunday 8th:

Stranraer v Dundee Utd, 12.30 Sky (ouch)
    The Rangers v Raith Rovers, 15.00, BBC

An utterly atrocious pick from the BBC. A bog-standard Championship game that will be played in front of a sub-20,000 crowd in a 50,000-seater stadium. Queen of the South v St Johnstone is a much better prospect.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Scottish Cup TV games:

Saturday 7th:

Sunday 8th:

An utterly atrocious pick from the BBC. A bog-standard Championship game that will be played in front of a sub-20,000 crowd in a 50,000-seater stadium. Queen of the South v St Johnstone is a much better prospect.

But really that's just a "Let's piss on Rangers" post, isn't it.

I don't personally remotely support Rangers, quite the reverse. But that to me is a perfectly reasonable choice by the BBC.

Rangers ( IMO ) got what they deserved, but let's not pretend that as a club ( as distinct to current form ) they are a bog standard Championship club and that their cup tie doesn't hold great interest and not just to their fans.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But really that's just a "Let's piss on Rangers" post, isn't it.
    No, it's not. I said as soon as the draw was made that there were far better ties for TV than the The Rangers game.

If you're going to argue about The Rangers' size, it makes it an even worse pick because it's a second tier side away to a supposedly bigger team. The general rule of thumb has always been Celtic and (The) Rangers away games, yes; home games, only a select few.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No, it's not. I said as soon as the draw was made that there were far better ties for TV than the The Rangers game.

If you're going to argue about The Rangers' size, it makes it an even worse pick because it's a second tier side away to a supposedly bigger team. The general rule of thumb has always been Celtic and (The) Rangers away games, yes; home games, only a select few.

Don't know who you think you are kidding with your silly "The Rangers" stuff and all.

But hey, have fun, I usually get fairly quickly bored of much of the inane Old Firm stuff on here ( which must even thoroughly bore many Old Firm supporters ).

Rangers playing anyone in current circumstances, home or away, I'd say is arguably of quite a big interest.

I'll get back to reading threads just genuinely about football...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know who you think you are kidding with your silly "The Rangers" stuff and all.
    Nothing silly about it. It's the name of the club that play at Ibrox.
    Rangers playing anyone in current circumstances, home or away, I'd say is arguably of quite a big interest.
    One look at Pie and Bovril will tell you it really isn't.
    I'll get back to reading threads just genuinely about football...
    Cheerio, then.
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rangers are always going to be on TV in every round even unfortunately.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do Dundee and Dundee Utd fans think anyone outside Dundee cares about them?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scottish Cup TV games:

Saturday 7th:

Sunday 8th:

The BBC might want people to actually watch the game though instead of 25 people watching the Old Farm derby at Palmerston.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The BBC might want people to actually watch the game though instead of 25 people watching the Old Farm derby at Palmerston.

Anyone who cares about The Rangers v Raith Rovers will be in the ground, or in Kirkcaldy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Celtic resting players today makes the 23/20 available on Dinamo Zagreb look like great value.

Who did you supposedly rest? Watching Celtic play this season made Dinamo Zagreb favourites and the bookies got it correct. This van Dijk character, is he only good against Partick Thistle or the other Scottish teams? Seems to concede a load of goals in Europe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone who cares about The Rangers v Raith Rovers will be in the ground, or in Kirkcaldy.

Outside Dundee nobody cares about the Dundee teams. The TV company will pick the games the most people will watch and that isn't Queen of the South vs St Johnstone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Outside Dundee nobody cares about the Dundee teams. The TV company will pick the games the most people will watch and that isn't Queen of the South vs St Johnstone.
    Yes it is.

Even The Rangers' own fans couldn't give a toss about their games. Queen of the South v St Johnstone would attract a considerable neutral audience.
  • Options
    Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D "The Rangers" is one of the lamest wind-up attempts ever. The club has often been referred to as "The Rangers", over many years, including in official club material:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=339o8dl&s=8#.VIn7FMk91Ho
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes it is.

Even The Rangers' own fans couldn't give a toss about their games. Queen of the South v St Johnstone would attract a considerable neutral audience.

There would be more people at Ibrox than there would be inside Palmerston combined with those watching it on TV if the QotS game was picked by the BBC. Why you think a considerable number of people would tune into QotS vs St Johnstone I don't know. It's hardly some giant killing in the offing. It has no appeal at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    St Johnstone are a bigger club than The Rangers. They've won the Scottish Cup more times for a start.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D "The Rangers" is one of the lamest wind-up attempts ever. The club has often been referred to as "The Rangers", over many years, including in official club material:

That would read The The Rangers for the new club :)
  • Options
    TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Let them have their petty torments. They think it makes them hilarious.
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Legia warsaw v celtic in the europa league is a possible again