Is anyone else disappointed with the Shirley/Mick reveal?

2»

Comments

• 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The rape reveal was good but the muvva thing felt a bit pointless. Its weird but reveals and aftermaths are really weak under the current team.
  • Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Definitely took too much on in one go. If they had done it separetly then there would have been a bigger impact. Like Harlowe said, it barely registered with the family, except Stan/Tina. The reveal to Phil and the viewer was brilliant and when Buster found out was too, I was hoping they would keep that level of understated brilliance, I had been looking forward to the reveal because I've been enjoying the story but I reiterate that they should have been done at different times.
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would've been better if Sylvie innocently blurted it out to Mick otherwise what was the point of having her there?
  • basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    That was the most ridiculous part, how in the hell would he not know? even if they spent a while at the caravan, there is no way that he wouldnt know, quite daft.
    Sylvie had told Stan she was pregnant not long after they went to the caravan and the Next Time he saw them was when after Mick was bon.
  • Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    sw2963 wrote: »
    It would've been better if Sylvie innocently blurted it out to Mick otherwise what was the point of having her there?

I was just saying this. The line where Sylvie said 'not my boy, Shirley's boy, but don't tell anyone' would have been a brilliant way to reveal it. And then a proper aftermath with Shirley and Mick.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sw2963 wrote: »

Yes, I was hoping for that as she was potentially a great dramatic conceit.
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    I was just saying this. The line where Sylvie said 'not my boy, Shirley's boy, but don't tell anyone' would have been a brilliant way to reveal it. And then a proper aftermath with Shirley and Mick.

Great minds plus agree about the reveal to Phil that is still one of my favourites this year. Very subtle.

Oh well it's done now. We can focus on the Cottons/Mitchells and Beales.
  • LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am I the only one who didn't know that Stan didn't know about Shirley/Mick

I didn't know either!
  • boxer1988boxer1988 Posts: 1,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Linda finally telling Mick that Dean raped her and Mick realising that he might not be the father of the baby, was more than enough for the Carters to deal with.

They could have had Sylvie tell Stan that Mick isn't their son and then he could have told Mick the truth on his death bed.