What The Hell Have The Lib Dems Done?

2»

Comments

• Nick1966Nick1966 Posts: 15,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jjne wrote: »
    So parity with the other two showers then.

LOL. Post of the day. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    jjne wrote: »
    So parity with the other two showers then.

Agreed!
  • OLD HIPPY GUYOLD HIPPY GUY Posts: 28,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Net Nut wrote: »
    What The Hell Have The Lib Dems Done?

They helped the nasty party and so became nasty themselves?

Guilty by association? It happens all the time and many ordinary LibDems are now saying their leaders should have seen it coming from the start.

This is true from my point of view anyway, I wouldn't call myself a New Labour 'supporter' by the way, I haven't voted Labour since 1997, (Living abroad from 99 until 2006)
    I actually voted Limp Dem in 2010 as I had moved into a Tory constituency where Labour were only ever going to come 3rd, So for the first (and last) time in my life I voted LD,
    Before the coalition I had always thought of the 'Yellows' as 'decent' chaps, left of centre, hearts in the right place, not a hope in hell of ever being the government, and anyway the important job of voting to keep the Tories OUT, means voting Labour,

NOW? Well, they say they didn't 'sell out' their principles at the first chance to get their arses on the 'posh' seats to come along in decades,
    They say That by being in government they are 'holding back' the Tories, preventing them from being quite so 'nasty'

Now, if this is the Tories 'on the leash' then God knows how they could possibly be any worse, Concentration camps for the unemployed perhaps? Gas chambers for the disabled? I mean, how Could they be any worse?
    We haven't been so 'divided' since the 80s north Vs south, rich Vs poor, employed Vs unemployed, Public Vs Private sector,

The rich being given MORE the poor being given LESS,
    Seriously though, how much worse could they be?
    We are already on the verge of an angry 'backlash' the public mood shouldn't be ignored, Mark my words,

IF the 'Yellows' prime concern had been to 'hold back' the nasty party, then what better way to do it could there have been than standing by their (respected) principles by refusing to join any coalition, Forcing the Tories to go it alone as a minority government?

Yes, yes, I know, "this might have meant another election which the Tories 'might' have won with a majority"
    and if my Aunt had balls she 'might' be my uncle,

What we DO know is we basically have a Tory government, easily as 'nasty' and vindictive as the Thatcher government, (except nowhere near as competent) to all intents and purposes, propped up by the LDs,

Lots of us knew what to expect from a Tory government, evidenced by the fact that, despite Gordon Brown, despite the financial crisis, they FAILED to win with an overal majority, and they have certainly 'lived up' to expectations, It's, the nature of the beast, so to speak,

It's the fact that (like it or not) lots of people see the 'Yellows' as 'sell outs' propping up this 'Tory' government, That is behind people blaming the LDs at the polls,
    and all the bleating in the world by LD MPs and their 'supporter' isn't going to change that perception.

"Lie down with dogs, get up with fleas"
  • mrblankmrblank Posts: 5,687
    Forum Member
    they are big on wind farms which is apt they are full of wind
  • jjnejjne Posts: 6,580
    Forum Member
    Now, if this is the Tories 'on the leash' then God knows how they could possibly be any worse, Concentration camps for the unemployed perhaps? Gas chambers for the disabled? I mean, how Could they be any worse?

Don't tempt them. If this forum is anything to go by they'd be considered fairly moderate ideas by some on the Right.
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We haven't been so 'divided' since the 80s north Vs south, rich Vs poor, employed Vs unemployed, Public Vs Private sector,

Not to mention unlimited fees with no caps, as well as instant privatization of the NHS, following a Tory Majority result after a re-election.