Fixed?

CinnamonBrickCinnamonBrick Posts: 631
Forum Member
✭✭
Allow me to clarify:

"Fix (verb)
10. informal to influence (a person, outcome of a contest, etc) unfairly, as by bribery."

Examples
1. X Factor Series 7:
Audience being told that there would be no sing off. Cher Lloyd falls into the bottom two and there is a sing off. Possible fix.

2. The Voice Series 2
Bronwen Lewis sings. No-one turns around. Not a fix.

Just thought that need clarified as the word is getting thrown around like no-one's business. Please learn proper usage of a term before applying it. Thanks.

Comments

• Gregg_LUFCGregg_LUFC Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    Allow me to clarify:

"Fix (verb)
    10. informal to influence (a person, outcome of a contest, etc) unfairly, as by bribery."

Examples
    1. X Factor Series 7:
    Audience being told that there would be no sing off. Cher Lloyd falls into the bottom two and there is a sing off. Possible fix.

2. The Voice Series 2
    Bronwen Lewis sings. No-one turns around. Not a fix.

Just thought that need clarified as the word is getting thrown around like no-one's business. Please learn proper usage of a term before applying it. Thanks.

Good post
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i dont get your point really
  • Gregg_LUFCGregg_LUFC Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    i dont get your point really

I believe the point is that if you think that welsh girl not getting picked was a fix then you need help
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gregg_LUFC wrote: »
    I believe the point is that if you think that welsh girl not getting picked was a fix then you need help
    What was the point of the "fix" though if it was fixed?

BBC could have easily just edit out the Welsh girl like they did with hundreds of other applicants.

The Cher Lloyd situation was completely different as it was a live show, they couldn't edit her out of the show, hence they had to concoct a way to keep her in.
  • CinnamonBrickCinnamonBrick Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Garza wrote: »
    What was the point of the "fix" though if it was fixed?

BBC could have easily just edit out the Welsh girl like they did with hundreds of other applicants.

The Cher Lloyd situation was completely different as it was a live show, they couldn't edit her out of the show, hence they had to concoct a way to keep her in.

So you're saying they should only show people who get through to the next round? And it wasn't fixed.
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're making a mistake. You are assuming that facts and logic play a part in the decision making process when people make these accusations.