Options

Sawfeh and Maddeh

mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,593
Forum Member
They've been 'together' for 30 seconds and already they're fighting! What sort of a relationship starts like that? Where's the romance or the lovey-doveyness?

No doubt this is just the start of constant battles between them and we'll be subjected to Sawfeh screeching 'Maddeeeehhhh!!!!' every five minutes.

I'm afraid I'm on the verge of ceasing to watch this absolute claptrap, after being brought up on CS.

Comments

• Options
    MsWilder11MsWilder11 Posts: 13,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're bloody awful, they really are. I just want the pair of them to die, violently.

Sophie constantly moaned to Sally about Tim, but she can move in a skanky thief and nothing's to be said :mad:
  • Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    I didn't even realise they had started a relationship :o Last I paid attention, Sophie kept turning her down.
  • Options
    Old Man 43Old Man 43 Posts: 6,214
    Forum Member
    They've been 'together' for 30 seconds and already they're fighting! What sort of a relationship starts like that? Where's the romance or the lovey-doveyness?

No doubt this is just the start of constant battles between them and we'll be subjected to Sawfeh screeching 'Maddeeeehhhh!!!!' every five minutes.

I'm afraid I'm on the verge of ceasing to watch this absolute claptrap, after being brought up on CS.

You mean like David & Kylie or Steve & Becky.
  • Options
    Old Man 43Old Man 43 Posts: 6,214
    Forum Member
    Mel94 wrote: »
    I didn't even realise they had started a relationship :o Last I paid attention, Sophie kept turning her down.

You don't have to have sex to be in a relationship.
  • Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    Old Man 43 wrote: »
    You don't have to have sex to be in a relationship.

Obviously... :confused:

What I meant is that she kept shying away whenever Maddie kissed her.
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their scenes tonight were absolutely DIRE.
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    That last scene between them made for uncomfortable viewing.
  • Options
    sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,954
    Forum Member
    I thought I'd have to turn it off when they were arguing on the sofa - their awful voices and the shi*e they were talking were beyond dire.
  • Options
    Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    SteveOwen wrote: »
    Their scenes tonight were absolutely DIRE.

Their voices hurt my ears.
  • Options
    B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    Why can't they put Sophie with a nice girl? I know it's meant to cause drama because Maddie comes from a troubled background, but I really don't like her. I've tried to find a positive in the girl, something I could maybe start to warm up to but she still just annoys me and I find myself getting annoyed at Sophie for encouraging her.
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh its a corrie thread
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is real potential in this storyline.

Maddie's problem is that she doesn't know why she is there. She thinks that Sophie has took pity on her for the purpose of casual sex. She's totally wrong.

Sophie is looking for love and nothing else will do for her.

When Maddie realises this we will see whether or not she is genuine or just playing along with it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »

Maddie's problem is that she doesn't know why she is there. She thinks that Sophie has took pity on her for the purpose of casual sex. She's totally wrong.

When Maddie realises this we will see whether or not she is genuine or just playing along with it.

Corrie seems to always need to have a misunderstood bad girl character but as they stick around they develop into a more likeable character and so the gap has to be refilled. Since Kylie has changed over from out and out bitch (as Becky did before her) the vacancy is being filled by Maddy. I'm sure given time she will find a job, on the street naturally, and begin her rehabilitation Corrie style. In 20 years she could be running The Kabin...
  • Options
    AndreaMCAndreaMC Posts: 3,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corrie has done such an about face lately. It's strength was it's focus on ordinary lives led by familiar characters who people easily identified with and understood. It was about the daily challenges and the little things that gave purpose and meaning.

Now it's about bizarre, damaged characters with unstable lives and car crash personalities and people who can't depend on their nearest and dearest and live in a permanent state of hysteria.

If this is the direction it's determined to head in, all hope is lost.
  • Options
    Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,198
    Forum Member
    I have watched it from the very beginning in December 1960, and I can't remember when it has been as bad as it has lately. I have got to the stage where I record every episode so that I can fast forward through the bad bits. Tonight reached an all time low with Sawphie and that skanky tramp, and that scummy pair Pe'er and Miss Ronseal. I really don't care what happens to any of them, all of my favourites are either dead, or got out when it was good.
  • Options
    girlinstaticgirlinstatic Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree. I do think she is genuine but I don't think she has the first clue how to have a relationship with anyone, or knows why anyone would want to without wanting something back. I think she is holding a wall in front of her feelings and is ready to run,... acting out to provoke reactions if she in the least bit feels rejected. When she realises Sophie doesnt just want her for sex she will change. Hopefully she will open up soon!
  • Options
    Tom_MullenTom_Mullen Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would help if the actress playing maddie had at least some acting ability, I thought her acting was shocking tonight, it was completely unconvincing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tom_Mullen wrote: »
    It would help if the actress playing maddie had at least some acting ability, I thought her acting was shocking tonight, it was completely unconvincing.

I actually think she's been pretty good. I like Maddie its clear where they are going with her which is quite risky i feel. My problem is the beyond awful Sophie. She can't generate a connection with anyone and it doesn't help when Brooke Vincent is saying in interviews that the girl playing Maddie is like her little sister. WTF seriously she hasn't got a clue.
  • Options
    Charley Says...Charley Says... Posts: 1,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She needs a good scrub before R Saawfee goes in with the tongue... ;-)
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    B*witched wrote: »
    Why can't they put Sophie with a nice girl? I know it's meant to cause drama because Maddie comes from a troubled background, but I really don't like her. I've tried to find a positive in the girl, something I could maybe start to warm up to but she still just annoys me and I find myself getting annoyed at Sophie for encouraging her.

They did. Sian. She was lovely. But every scene was a screeching contest.
  • Options
    Charley Says...Charley Says... Posts: 1,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    They did. Sian. She was lovely. But every scene was a screeching contest.

Sian (or the actress) lives near me and it's still weird when you see her in the local londis... lol
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sian (or the actress) lives near me and it's still weird when you see her in the local londis... lol

It's a pity she left and Sophie stayed.
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    It's a pity she left and Sophie stayed.
    That is the most sensible comment I have seen on DS for a long while.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member

I think you have it here. It's just unfortunate that while Maddie is conveying her part well IMO whether it's because I just don't like Sophie or cannot bear her hypocrisy or her acting is just so bad or indeed a combination of all of these I've just no interest in Sophie at all.
    I actually think she's been pretty good. I like Maddie its clear where they are going with her which is quite risky i feel. My problem is the beyond awful Sophie. She can't generate a connection with anyone and it doesn't help when Brooke Vincent is saying in interviews that the girl playing Maddie is like her little sister. WTF seriously she hasn't got a clue.

I agree. I think Maddie outclasses Sophie in acting at every turn.
  • Options
    cas1977cas1977 Posts: 6,399
    Forum Member
    I don't think Maddie has the potential or the acting ability to stay long term in Corrie. And she hasn't got the likeability factor either.

I'm waiting with bated breath for the day I see she's leaving, and hopefully Sophie will follow her.

She's no Kylie is she?