Options

Xtra Factor this Sunday (1st Nov) - Backstreet Boys

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,115
Forum Member
So, I've heard that Backstreet Boys will be on the Xtra Factor this Sunday... anyone else heard that? They're going to be performing too. Seems a little strange they're on there, but not on the main show... no? I know quite a few people will probably slate them, but if Westlife can still be on the ITV1 show I don't see why BSB can't.

I don't think I've ever seen a group/artist perform on Xtra Factor in the past... apart from the reject auditionees. ;):p

Comments

• Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this sunday, it's JLS and bon jovi.

i have heard backstreet boys are appearing sometime though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wooohooo... I love the Backstreet Boys. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    this sunday, it's JLS and bon jovi.

i have heard backstreet boys are appearing sometime though.

No, I'm not talking about the main show... I know who the guests are this week.

However, BSB's UK publicist has stated they'll be on Xtra Factor on Sunday performing their new single... like I said, I've never known that before and thought it was strange.

Edit - I've no doubt that people will slate BSB on here, but say what you will, they're the best at what they do... they won't mime ;) It's just a shame they didn't have a theme around them appearing on the show... maybe "Group Week" or something? Just seems a little strange they haven't.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    Katie841 wrote: »
    No, I'm not talking about the main show... I know who the guests are this week.

However, BSB's UK publicist has stated they'll be on Xtra Factor on Sunday performing their new single... like I said, I've never known that before and thought it was strange.

Edit - I've no doubt that people will slate BSB on here, but say what you will, they're the best at what they do... they won't mime ;) It's just a shame they didn't have a theme around them appearing on the show... maybe "Group Week" or something? Just seems a little strange they haven't.

Yeah, they are on Sundays Xtra factor.
    I was in Switzerland last week & they were the mentors on the Switz version of Pop Idol...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    Eeeew.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    thekman wrote: »
    Yeah, they are on Sundays Xtra factor.
    I was in Switzerland last week & they were the mentors on the Switz version of Pop Idol...

:)
    But that's just it... it seems they won't be mentoring or anything, just turning up for a random appearance of their new single, and it won't even be on the main ITV1 show?! Oh well... just thought I'd let others know incase any other BSB fans were interested. :)
  • Options
    actuallyactually Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J+E will be having kittens !!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    babyboi!!! wrote: »
    Wooohooo... I love the Backstreet Boys. :D

Don't hold it against me, but my daughter is dragging me to the NEC on 8th to see these. :o
  • Options
    Melanie858Melanie858 Posts: 3,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They aren't performing tonight, just chatting on the Xtra Factor. So excited :D!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    Melanie858 wrote: »
    They aren't performing tonight, just chatting on the Xtra Factor. So excited :D!

they are supposed to be singing the new single BIGGER tonight on xtra factor

hope the new single gets more publicity than the first single from the new album straight through my heart did.
  • Options
    Melanie858Melanie858 Posts: 3,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope they were just chatting, not performing tonight.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 100
    Forum Member
    I agree, I think they should totally have been on the main show, esp as Westlife were last week!

Why should they get slated on here, they are always fun, dance and sing live, and don't do ballads all the time like other boy bands. They should have totally been on the main show, it's outrageous!
    :mad:
  • Options
    tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i have a problem when they call 4 wrinkled middle age hasbeens a "boy"band, good or not they are not boys they are men or so they would like us to believe, although basking in the fawning adulation of huey & duey on xtra factor last night shows their not fussy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well, I don't think the point of this thread was whether they are a 'boy band' or men now, I think it's more to do with the fact they are good singers and should have been on the main show rather then Xtra Factor. If we are talking about 'has beens' then that could apply to Whitney, Robbie and Westlife and they were all on the main show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Also, being in your early-30's is not middle-aged.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 221
    Forum Member
    tenchgirl wrote: »
    i have a problem when they call 4 wrinkled middle age hasbeens a "boy"band, good or not they are not boys they are men or so they would like us to believe, although basking in the fawning adulation of huey & duey on xtra factor last night shows their not fussy.

Oh please. They're hardly that old! The oldest one is like 35, and Nick Carter (the youngest) is only 28! Bands like Take That are older than them, and Westlife are around the same age as BSB...
  • Options
    Michelle12Michelle12 Posts: 3,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tenchgirl wrote: »

wow one of them is only in their late twenties... and the oldest is in his thirties... it hardly makes them 'wrinkled old men'. You're going to have to change your screenname to 'tencholdwrinklylady' soon if you think people get old and wrinkly that fast... :D